PDA

View Full Version : Tesco Extra

liamboyle06
21-02-2006, 09:03
Howdy everybody, just wondering if anybody can help or give any advice.
I ordered some flowers off the tesco extra store for delivery last wednesday and still they have not arrived.
I have gone through Tescos online help request and sent the email off to them, but still they have not replied and still have no flowers.
according to the consignment number, they are waiting at the national hub
is there anything Tesco can do, or do I contact parcel force?

all my other orders from Tesco Extra / Tesco have passed off successfully and been delivered on the date requested.

Gareth
21-02-2006, 09:48
I had to contact Tesco about a delivery problem once (the driver forgot to leave some bags of frozen food), and after not getting any reply by email, I phoned them... no idea what the number was, but it was on their website. Admittedly, it was dealt with by an Indian call centre rep, who really struggled with English, but eventually it was resolved to my satisfaction.

I'd not bother calling Parcel Farce, as you placed your order with Tesco not with them. Tesco may try to blame Parcel Farce for the problem, but just remind them that you ordered the flowers through Tesco, and it was Tesco, after all, who chose to use Parcel Farce to deliver the flowers, so it should be Tesco who resolve the issue and/or reimburse/compensate you accordingly.

King Of Fools
21-02-2006, 10:29
I would say that it sounds like it is Parcel Force's fault not Tesco's. However the Parcel Force contract is with Tesco not yourself so you will need to get Tesco to chase this up and claim compensation from Parcel Force.

Stephen
22-02-2006, 11:41
I had the same problem at the end of January with flowers. Meant to be delivered on the 26th Jan, checked the parcel force site and it said they were refused on delivery. They were for my G/f who works in a hospital.

Apparently after spending a good 49mins in a Q waiting to speak to someone at the depot they said all they did was try to leave them at reception and if they don't want to take them they can't do anything else, and the flowers were on their way back to Tesco.

So called them and was told as they were sent on time I wouldn't get a refund. Then back to Parcel Force, they wouldn't re-deliver as they were refused. Had to call back later in the evening to speak with a manager, he was a very helpful chap who went to look for the flowers then called me back and offered to personally arrange for them to go back out the next day(saturday at no charge).

All this took place on the day of delivery, so if you haven't done anything about it yet, it may be too late.

liamboyle06
22-02-2006, 14:56
I called them up today, and they do not know why it has not yet delivered so they are going to refund the money back

Stephen
22-02-2006, 15:37
Glad you got it sorted out so easily.

Shaun
22-02-2006, 15:40
A free bunch of flowers wouldn't go a miss either to say sorry!!