PDA

View Full Version : Sorted

space
20-02-2006, 09:57
At last I finally got my speed problem sorted out.

I am truely mystified why I had to finally after 6 months completely lose my temper with some poor tech guy, but when I finally laid down the law the problem was fixed.

They came and changed my modem.

I orginally had an SB3100 which was no good with a 10 meg connection. they swapped it months ago to a Webstar EPC2100, which didn't improve matters, and after sitting and doing the research myself, with some kind encouragement from Ignition here, found that the V1 white label modem I had was no good either.

The tech guys on the phone claimed they didn't know there was a problem on these modems, and indeed when the engineer came out today he hadn't heard of this either.

So dubiously he swapped me over to a Motorola SB 5101E and I magically now have my 10 meg connection for the very first time since the upgrade!

I now have an average download rate of between 8 and 9 meg, and 7 from the states. this is well over double what i'd been getting before.

Why BY are dropping the ball on this I don't know, I shouldn't have to lose my rag with anyone for anything to get done. But it's taken care of now.

janipewter
22-02-2006, 00:31
You should be thankful you actually have your upgrade. The website says I have over 2 months to wait before I can expect to see 10meg.

space
22-02-2006, 06:06
Well the upgrade in my area happened over 4 months ago. I couldn't be thankful when it's only this week I've finally been able to experience it.

Hope you get yours soon though.