budwieser
19-02-2006, 20:52
How do i go about having a Vasectomy?

Paul K
19-02-2006, 20:54
Talk to your doctor?

Mike
19-02-2006, 20:55
You have to see your GP......they in an appointment tell you all about it.

You then have to sign a consent from.....if you are married/partner they will have to attend and also sign the form.

This is sent off to your local clinic......cost £165 private (4 weeks) or can be free on NHS ( 12 months)

Hope this helps.

Mike

Ps I am still waiting ! (NHS)

Stuart W
19-02-2006, 20:56
Talk *AT LENGTH* with your doctor. If (for whatever reason) you don't wish to see your regular doctor, you can pop into your local NHS walk-in center and ask there.

marky
19-02-2006, 20:58
WOOT a thread i know something about.

Go to your doc and get a referal
See the surgeon and set a date (decide if you want general or local anesthetic)
Shave the said parts on the morning, go for snip, go home in pain (not that bad):Yikes:

Salu
19-02-2006, 21:20

You then have to sign a consent from.....if you are married/partner they will have to attend and also sign the form.

This is sent off to your local clinic......cost £165 private (4 weeks) or can be free on NHS ( 12 months)

Hope this helps.

Mike

Ps I am still waiting ! (NHS)

....a snip at half the price.......;)

fireflame
19-02-2006, 21:20
OR
DIY
2 bricks, one in each hand undress completely and clap hands together low down in front of you.
LOL
;)

marky
19-02-2006, 21:33
The guy that did me has a daughter in the same class as mine at school, we was chatting whilst he did it.
Honestly its not a problem, i drove home after.

homealone
19-02-2006, 21:36
OR
DIY
2 bricks, one in each hand undress completely and clap hands together low down in front of you.
LOL
;)

apparently if you get someone else to do it this way, it doesn't hurt :cool:

-unless they get a finger trapped between the bricks, of course :angel:

greencreeper
19-02-2006, 23:48
And no one has thought to ask the obvious question :D

marky
19-02-2006, 23:58
And no one has thought to ask the obvious question :D
Whats that then :disturbd:

greencreeper
20-02-2006, 06:03
Whats that then :disturbd:
Do you need one?

Might be a Jaffa. It's also a long-term, possibly permanent, contraceptive - who knows what the future might hold.

bayonet
20-02-2006, 07:13
Hope this helps I went to see about having it done when my daughter was 9 months and was advised to leave it. Had it done about a year later....that was 20 years ago. I've never regretted having it done and no it doesn't affect your performance.

It's the sensible thing to do believe me if you and your partner have talked it through then go for it.

etccarmageddon
20-02-2006, 07:14

Hope this helps.

Mike

Ps I am still waiting ! (NHS)that's not true, if you are married or have a partner it is none of their business and they are not asked for their consent. it's your testicles not someone elses!

ScaredWebWarrior
20-02-2006, 08:22
that's not true, if you are married or have a partner it is none of their business and they are not asked for their consent. it's your testicles not someone elses!It certainly IS true.

Anyway, it's not so much 'permission' as to ensure that both people accept the full meaning of it. Since the snip should be considered irreversible, it would be silly to have one if there was any doubt as to whether that couple wanted more children.

etccarmageddon
20-02-2006, 08:26
it must be different down there then cos up here in manchester your partner doesn't have to sign a consent form.

ScaredWebWarrior
20-02-2006, 08:26
Ps I am still waiting ! (NHS)I guess that's the NHS postcode lottery for you.

I hardly had to wait at all. Think I got an appointment about 2 months after. That was an out-patients clinic. Ended up waiting an another month to get it done as an in-patient, because on the day my anxiety had the effect of pulling the 'patients' up out of harms way (and the doctor. lol.)

etccarmageddon
20-02-2006, 08:32
http://www.doctoronline.nhs.uk/masterwebsite1Asp/targetpages/specialts/forms/consentformvasectomy.asp

I've found this sample consent form online.

I suggest even though you should be able to drive after (provided you have a local rather than general anesthetic) dont count on it. your nuts are likely to be painful for a couple of days or longer.

GreenBars
20-02-2006, 12:24
It certainly IS true.

Anyway, it's not so much 'permission' as to ensure that both people accept the full meaning of it. Since the snip should be considered irreversible, it would be silly to have one if there was any doubt as to whether that couple wanted more children.

I'm in Hertfordshire and I didn't need my wife's consent for the operation to happen.

To put it in perspective, a wife/partner wouldn't need her husband's/partner's consent to have an abortion, i.e. terminating a pregnancy. Why should a husband need consent to have a vasectomy, i.e. to prevent a pregnancy.

Graham M
20-02-2006, 12:30
I'm in Hertfordshire and I didn't need my wife's consent for the operation to happen.

To put it in perspective, a wife/partner wouldn't need her husband's/partner's consent to have an abortion, i.e. terminating a pregnancy. Why should a husband need consent to have a vasectomy, i.e. to prevent a pregnancy.

A very good argument in my oppinion :)

Bill C
20-02-2006, 12:31

Same here. Did not need permission and i have now been firing blanks for 15 years :D

Maggy
20-02-2006, 12:36
Beware though..I've known couples on a second relationship where hubby had the snip in the previous relationship and then were in the position of trying to untie things by way of a reversal.

I think that nice though the idea is gents, that you care about your present partner you just do not know what is around the corner fatewise.If you do do it I suggest you get some sperm samples frozen.Just in case...;)

basa
20-02-2006, 12:46
I didn't get on too well with my vasectomy, I sorta 'smelled funny' after !!?? No amount of showers seemed to get rid. (Everything else was fine ;) )

Had it reversed a few years later .. it worked and now have two daughters to prove it :cool: (and yes they do both have some of my characteristics in case some think the postman may have had a *hand* in it !! :D )

etccarmageddon
20-02-2006, 13:36
did you have it reversed because of the smell!!!!

:Yikes:

basa
20-02-2006, 13:46
did you have it reversed because of the smell!!!!

:Yikes:

No, because I decided to have children (or at least father them). The lack of 'smell' was a bonus !! :cool:

ScaredWebWarrior
20-02-2006, 13:50
Why should a husband need consent to have a vasectomy, i.e. to prevent a pregnancy.As I said, the way it was put to me was to make sure we both understood the implications fully.

I'm sure I could have insisted on it without any 'consent', but it is the GP's duty to make sure the emotional implications are understood as well as the medical ones.

While you might go for the snip without consent on a point of principle, if you have the right relationship with your partner, then it should be a joint decision. (Ditto for any intervention on the woman.)

Ramrod
20-02-2006, 14:24
My main worry would be the risk of infection. I know of several cases where the men have been in excruciating pain afterwards due to that. I even knew one doc who (allegedly) did his own vasectomy so that he could be as sure as possible that it was done correctly!:erm:

ScaredWebWarrior
20-02-2006, 14:28
I think that nice though the idea is gents, that you care about your present partner you just do not know what is around the corner fatewise.If you do do it I suggest you get some sperm samples frozen.Just in case...;)When you've already fathered 5 kids, then a (potential) future partner is going to have to accept that when I decided 'no more', I mean 'no more' and not 'no more with this partner!'

etccarmageddon
20-02-2006, 14:47
My main worry would be the risk of infection. I know of several cases where the men have been in excruciating pain afterwards due to that. I even knew one doc who (allegedly) did his own vasectomy so that he could be as sure as possible that it was done correctly!:erm:on the day of my operation the scheduled doc/surgeon was off sick and replaced with someone I hadn't seen in years, one of my good mates from primary school - we spent the operation having banter and explaining to the nurse about our kiddy years! if I was religious then on that day I would have been completely assured there was a god! he asked if because I knew him would I like someone else to do the op - I declined as I knew him and trusted him 100%. He warned me to expect brusing etc for a few days after - I had no problems and no brusing. I was one jammy sod!

Ramrod
20-02-2006, 15:51
on the day of my operation the scheduled doc/surgeon was off sick and replaced with someone I hadn't seen in years, one of my good mates from primary school - we spent the operation having banter and explaining to the nurse about our kiddy years! if I was religious then on that day I would have been completely assured there was a god! he asked if because I knew him would I like someone else to do the op - I declined as I knew him and trusted him 100%. He warned me to expect brusing etc for a few days after - I had no problems and no brusing. I was one jammy sod!Nice one! :tu: :D

Maggy
20-02-2006, 17:17
I think that nice though the idea is gents, that you care about your present partner you just do not know what is around the corner fatewise.If you do do it I suggest you get some sperm samples frozen.Just in case...;)When you've already fathered 5 kids, then a (potential) future partner is going to have to accept that when I decided 'no more', I mean 'no more' and not 'no more with this partner!'

Actually when I was referring to the not knowing what the fates may hold I was maybe thinking of the very worst life can throw at us.:erm:

Angua
20-02-2006, 18:46
Both my brothers have had it done, now all they have to be careful with is crossing their legs due to droppage. :rofl:

etccarmageddon
20-02-2006, 18:50
droppage?

JW1
20-02-2006, 19:15
My mate had his done at the local centre and the road that the building is in, is "Balls Road" in Birkenhead". No joke.

budwieser
20-02-2006, 19:59
Thanks all for your comments.
WTF is Droppage?????????? Will the `Twins` hang lower or something?:D
Not too sure about wanting a `Smell` afterwards.:erm: :( Never had a smell yet.:)
I was only asking because i`m 44 and mrs Bud is 45 and we definately don`t anymore kiddies but Mrs Bud suffers at certain times of the month due to having a coil fitted so i want to do this , mainly, to relieve her pain and discomfort.:dozey: :)
Please excuse my frankness and open-ness. Just asking for advice really.

marky
20-02-2006, 20:09
Joking aside, theres nothing to it,
and to put it bluntly, life in the bedroom got better because we didnt have to worry about it :D

Chimaera
20-02-2006, 20:17
Not too sure about wanting a `Smell` afterwards.:erm: :( Never had a smell yet.:)
I was only asking because i`m 44 and mrs Bud is 45 and we definately don`t anymore kiddies but Mrs Bud suffers at certain times of the month due to having a coil fitted so i want to do this , mainly, to relieve her pain and discomfort.:dozey: :)
If Mrs Bud is suffering then she should go back to her doctor - there is more than one type of coil out there. There is even one that stops the 'certain time of the month' problem (Mirena if you want to Google for it!) and it's very good! ;) Much better than the alternative (hysterectomy) :Yikes:

budwieser
20-02-2006, 20:21
If Mrs Bud is suffering then she should go back to her doctor - there is more than one type of coil out there. There is even one that stops the 'certain time of the month' problem (Mirena if you want to Google for it!) and it's very good! ;) Much better than the alternative (hysterectomy) :Yikes:
Thanks chim but you can`t have a Hysterectomy for other than health reasons as far as i know.
So what is this Mirena coil then? I`ll google for it later.:) THANKS very much for your reply.:tu:

Ramrod
20-02-2006, 21:19
Whats wrong with condoms? :confused:

danielf
20-02-2006, 21:23

I once heard someone using the phrase 'bathing with your socks on' when referring to condoms...:erm:

Graham M
20-02-2006, 21:58

1) They feel bloody awful
2) It breaks the mood
3) see number 1, rinse, repeat as many times as needed :)

budwieser
20-02-2006, 22:13

Like getting into a bath with your wellies on!!!!!!:D
No thanks. Natural is better.:tu:

Ramrod
20-02-2006, 22:16
Of course natural is better but when I was faced with the possibility of having to have the snip I made it my business to find the best condom in the world :D

budwieser
20-02-2006, 22:18
Of course natural is better but when I was faced with the possibility of having to have the snip I made it my business to find the best condom in the world :D
What was that then?. A BJ?
LOL!:D ooooops sorry mods.

kronas
20-02-2006, 22:19
was it Trojan ramrod :D

Ramrod
20-02-2006, 22:23
was it Trojan ramrod :D
It's 'crown skinless skin' --absolutely awesome! I get mine from 'undercovercondoms' :D

Angua
20-02-2006, 22:49

Tis exactly how it sounds, or in other words if you like boxers it may be worth switching to briefs ;)

Graham M
20-02-2006, 23:00
It's 'crown skinless skin' --absolutely awesome! I get mine from 'undercovercondoms' :D

I might have to look into those, cheers.

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

hmm £6 delivery, how many do you order at a time!? They do seem well priced tho

Nidge
21-02-2006, 04:45
How do i go about having a Vasectomy?

I'm a dab hand with 2 building bricks and a stanley knife.:D :D :D You'll not feel a thing honest.

Ramrod
21-02-2006, 09:15
I might have to look into those, cheers.

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

hmm £6 delivery, how many do you order at a time!? They do seem well priced thoI tend to order about 30 at a time. I occasionally get e-mails from the company offering free delivery on my next order as well....

Salu
21-02-2006, 19:20
I tend to order about 30 at a time. I occasionally get e-mails from the company offering free delivery on my next order as well....

And how long do they last you, me lad?

:naughty:

Ramrod
21-02-2006, 19:21
;) :d

Graham M
21-02-2006, 19:23
And how long do they last you, me lad?

:naughty:

They make amusing Balloons and Water bombs i guess :angel::D

Gareth
21-02-2006, 19:30
The easiest/quickest/most fun way to get this done is to sleep with your sister in law :naughty:

budwieser
21-02-2006, 22:22
The easiest/quickest/most fun way to get this done is to sleep with your sister in law :naughty:

Lol! Do you say that through experience mate?:rolleyes: :erm: :D

homealone
21-02-2006, 22:57
While positive banking requires you to place a deposit, before making a withdrawal - there is also the negative banking approach ;)

Each to their own, as ever :)

Xaccers
22-02-2006, 00:03
They make amusing Balloons and Water bombs i guess :angel::D

Not very good at holding beer though, apparently, so I'm told.

Graham M
22-02-2006, 00:05
Not very good at holding beer though, apparently, so I'm told.

I'd imagine it'd hold a couple of pints quite well but the taste is a bit of a put off i guess... :dozey:

Gareth
22-02-2006, 09:06
Not very good at holding beer though, apparently, so I'm told.I'd imagine it'd hold a couple of pints quite well but the taste is a bit of a put off i guess... :dozey:That's why they do them in fruit flavours now ;)

greencreeper
22-02-2006, 09:17
While positive banking requires you to place a deposit, before making a withdrawal - there is also the negative banking approach ;)
As any armed robber will tell you - never know when the gun might go off accidentally. Then your're looking at a long 18-21 year stretch.

banjo
22-02-2006, 09:55
What happends to all the tadpoles, do they build up and one day you sneeze and pebble dash three houses ?

Maggy
22-02-2006, 10:10
I'm wandering where Nugfart is...This would be well lubricated by his 'wit' usually. :erm:

Angua
22-02-2006, 14:02
What happends to all the tadpoles, do they build up and one day you sneeze and pebble dash three houses ?

They still produce the will but no longer have a way. ;)

etccarmageddon
22-02-2006, 14:20
As any armed robber will tell you - never know when the gun might go off accidentally. Then your're looking at a long 18-21 year stretch.I thought the stretch comes before the gun is discharged? :o:

Chris
22-02-2006, 16:16
As any armed robber will tell you - never know when the gun might go off accidentally. Then your're looking at a long 18-21 year stretch.

I'm told it's a full-life term, with the possibility of parole somewhere between 18 and 25 years. Thereafter you merely have to wear a tag. :D

marky
22-02-2006, 16:41
I think i got fined about £5000 a year :(

greencreeper
22-02-2006, 23:08
They're absorbed back into the body.

Ramrod
22-02-2006, 23:11
They're absorbed back into the body.Correct! Via the epididymis :D

greencreeper
22-02-2006, 23:18
I was looking for more information on curling - curious as to what effect the various rubbing actions have. The dangers of channel hopping. I came across the word "cremaster". I've always called it the springy thing. Learn something everyday :D