PDA

View Full Version : NTL...Still taking the ****!!!!

Barewolf
18-02-2006, 19:34
NTL Really do **** me off, I have had so much trouble with them recently.

I was on 3 Meg Broadband through my set top box up until January the 4th when I decided to upgrade to the 10 meg service, Engineers came round and just dropped the Modem off, thatâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s what I paid £50 for apparently, charming.

I had to rig it all up myself but it wouldnÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t work so I had to call up the tech support to get it sorted out. Eventually it worked and I had speeds of around 6 meg which I wasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t complaining about.

Few days later I was struggling to open any web pages, speed had dropped to 200 kbps, rebooted the modem and pc but that didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t work so I was back on the phone to tech support, they didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t do much, I must have gone through numerous speed tests but eventually the speed settled at around 2 meg.

Next day the same thing happened so I rang up again and I got through to a woman who was insistent it was my PC, I assured her it definitely wasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t the PC but she had me booting into safe mode insisting she was right and I was wrong only to find I was right all along, then she admitted defeat and had to speak to her supervisor.

This problem went on and on through January with me phoning them up every few days, eventually they booked an engineer to come out and check the modem etc.

Upon arrival the engineer tested the signal which seemed ok, and then he told me that NTL were having problems at their end and they were aware of the problem and they would be fixing it, but they didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t know when it would be fixed. He suggested I downgrade to the 2 meg service while they work on the problem. So I did, back to tech support again.

So I was on the 2 meg service and speed was ok, had no problems for a few weeks, then the bill came in which was £186. They charged me for the upgrade and and the rest of my packages I have for TV etc. But the nice people also charged me for a 4th set top box I didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t have.

Early February I decided to phone them up and get back on the 10 meg to see if the problem had been resolved, I was told costumer services deal with that so I phoned them who said I needed to speak to the tech support department, I had nothing better planned for my day so I called them up againÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â¦

Eventually the guy said I had to wait 48 hours and someone would ring me to confirm I wanted the 10 meg, I asked why cant it be done on the phone? He said I had to go through the set up procedure all over again.

Annoyed I waitedÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â¦. And waitedÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â¦. And waitedÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã‚Â¦.

4 days later I rang up and demanded to speak to someone in charge, the guy asked what the problem was so I explained it all to him, he seemed to listen and said it was unacceptable the amount of trouble I have had. He said he would put me back on the 10 meg service over the phone (the last guy said it cant be done over the phone).

Anyway 20 minutes later and I had the 10 meg package, the technician ran through some speed tests with me which showed up I wasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t getting the 10 meg, he rang up a field Engineer who didnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t understand why I wasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t getting full speed.

The technician put a high priority on the account for it to be fixed and assured me it would be dealt with, he also said that I should ring up costumer support and get compensation for all the trouble I have had.

So the next day I rang up costumer support and got through after 30 minutes wait time. I asked to speak to a supervisor but ended up explaining to the guy everything that had happened and said that the tech support guy insisted on compensation.

The guy on the phone said their wasnââ‚ ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t the 10 meg service available in my area so I shouldnââ‚à ‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t have paid for the upgrade, I said †œthat⠃¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€ žÂ¢s funny because I was told by a technician and field engineer that it is, and I am on the 10 meg serviceââ‚à ‚¬Ã‚.

I proceeded to tell him about the downgrade and that I was back on the 10 meg service and the compensation was not an option, he could downgrade me to the 2 meg and give me back the £50 I paid for the 10 meg. I said †œI want to speak to your Supervisorââ ¬Â and he said thereÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s no point because I wont be offered compensation, eventually I shouted at him and he went to speak to the supervisor and came back with his tail between his legs and offered me a free month broadband.

Few days later I was back on the phone to tech support because my speed had dropped again, this time they booked another engineer to come and replace the modem, same guy as last time turned up to replace it, he went on his merry way and I went to check my e mail and I wasnâ₠¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t connected at all so I was back on the phone again.

The next shock was on the bank statement of £46.56 so I rang up to find out what it was for, they said it was for my first Month of Broadband so I found myself explaining my problems all over again.

I am still no further ahead, my 10 meg isnââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t stable, I have paid for it and have been billed for it and only got £38 out of NTL for my hassle.

I have sent a letter to complaints but not heard anything back from them, I donââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t know who to contact regarding this issue, I need to write to someone who will do something about this before I crack up.

Paul K
18-02-2006, 19:37
Should this not be in NTL BB support???
Use the responstek form and ask Russ or any other team member to pass on your details and issues to their NTL contacts. They can get it chased up for you.

Barewolf
18-02-2006, 19:57
Should this not be in NTL BB support???
Use the responstek form and ask Russ or any other team member to pass on your details and issues to their NTL contacts. They can get it chased up for you.

Ok wheres the response tek form and what? lol who is russ?

Paul K
18-02-2006, 20:01
Russ D (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/member.php?u=6) is a team member, contact him via PM. The responstek form is at the top of the forum page here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=81), you will need to allow pop ups for it to work though.

Stuart
18-02-2006, 20:10
Moved to NTL broadband forum.

Just to confirm what Paul said, you can use the responsetek form, or PM your name, address, contact phone number and account number to any team member.

BTW, Team members can be identified by the CableForum logo underneath their user name. If you are still not sure, click http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showgroups.php

MadGamer
18-02-2006, 21:22
Moved to NTL broadband forum.

Just to confirm what Paul said, you can use the responsetek form, or PM your name, address, contact phone number and account number to any team member.

BTW, Team members can be identified by the CableForum logo underneath their user name. If you are still not sure, click http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showgroups.php and the user title Cable Forum Team :p: