PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that.....

timewarrior2001
18-02-2006, 12:59
When you shave your own head with a mach 3 razor that you end up taking chunks out of your scalp?

Piccy to follow and by the way it ****ing knacks

OK now its stopped bleeding heres the piccies......

zing_deleted
18-02-2006, 13:03
Should use immac lol ;)

Halcyon
18-02-2006, 13:58
I wouldnt dare use a razor for sensitive areas !
Arent there some creams you can buy now ? I'd go for that option.

Pia
18-02-2006, 14:44
:disturbd:That looks nasty:disturbd:

punky
18-02-2006, 15:08
its because your head isn't as smooth or as flat as your face. A flat blade against a rough surface will take lumps out of it. Especially as people want closer and closer shaves.

As Halcyon suggested, try a depilatory cream. It would also last longer than shaving.

monkey2468
18-02-2006, 15:22
I just use clippers as short as they will go.

Chimaera
18-02-2006, 15:34
Haven't you got anyone that could do it for you?
Hope it didn't hurt too much - I feel faint after looking at your poor head! :hugs:

tick
18-02-2006, 15:35
When you shave your own head with a mach 3 razor that you end up taking chunks out of your scalp?

most people properly get someone else to do it
may bee

Halcyon
18-02-2006, 15:39
You could alternatively pour petrol over your head and light up.

[At your own risk]

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10136/OrionsBurningMan.gif

driver_problems
18-02-2006, 15:39
why not just use a wahl electirc trimmer (or similar with no gauges on)? why does it have to be a boule a zero?

Nidge
18-02-2006, 16:13
I shave mine with a mach 3 and I've never cut my head. That looks nasty, put some aftershave on it:Yikes: :Yikes: :D :D

driver_problems
18-02-2006, 16:28
now i look at the image again it seems to be a cross shape. I think it might be some kind of stigmata

Ramrod
18-02-2006, 16:32
I wouldnt dare use a razor for sensitive areas !Ah but timewarriors head ain't sensitive! :D

Maggy
18-02-2006, 16:33
Oh why are men so masochistic about shaving with razors?Why not use an electric especially for places you can't see easily.:shrug:

Ramrod
18-02-2006, 16:58
Oh why are men so masochistic about shaving with razors?Why not use an electric especially for places you can't see easily.:shrug:Not as close a shave.....

Paul K
18-02-2006, 17:09
Oh why are men so masochistic about shaving with razors?Why not use an electric especially for places you can't see easily.:shrug:Not as close a shave.....
No where near as close a shave :(
I use Wilkinson Sword quatros for my face and to be honest an electric shaver just doesn't seem to get as close a shave for me as blades. Also for me the blades are quicker by a looooong way lol

driver_problems
18-02-2006, 17:20
an electric shaver just doesn't seem to get as close a shave for me as blades

yes - you can't beat the blade

Stuart
18-02-2006, 19:35
Actually, the best shave I had was at a barbers.. Yes, it was an old fashioned barbers, and yes, it was a cut throat razor.

The barber asked me to sit still, but, TBH, there was no danger of me moving a muscle.

greencreeper
18-02-2006, 19:45
Not as close a shave.....
I can give myself love bite marks with my electric shaver, if I'm not careful. Can be very embarrassing :blush:

It looks a bit painful :erm: Is there a reason why you're shaving your head? Conditioner and a comb maybe? :D I like the Romper Stomper look (woof) but I wouldn't try it myself without good reason. Probably look like something best kept in the cellar. No loved one to help? It's a very intimate thing is grooming your partner.

Maggy
18-02-2006, 19:55
Not as close a shave..... I can give myself love bite marks with my electric shaver, if I'm not careful. Can be very embarrassing :blush:

It looks a bit painful :erm: Is there a reason why you're shaving your head? Conditioner and a comb maybe? :D I like the Romper Stomper look (woof) but I wouldn't try it myself without good reason. Probably look like something best kept in the cellar. No loved one to help? It's a very intimate thing is grooming your partner.

You know, you just have a way with words.Now the image in my head won't go away....:disturbd:

greencreeper
18-02-2006, 19:59
You know, you just have a way with words.Now the image in my head won't go away....:disturbd:
I do :erm: :D If you mean the shaver, it leaves these red circular marks, like some giant leech has been at my neck. I have to really tighten the skin and be gentle. That's usually why I shave on a night - when I'm more alert.

timewarrior2001
18-02-2006, 20:18
Oh why are men so masochistic about shaving with razors?Why not use an electric especially for places you can't see easily.:shrug:

Real men do it blindfold.

And then you get what we had here today.....which is the way he wants it....

Ohh hang on thats cool hand luke lol

driver_problems
18-02-2006, 20:24
the Romper Stomper look

Curiosly enough I just watched ID (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113375/) on dvd :erm:

Halcyon
18-02-2006, 21:01
The worst thing is when in a hurry and cutting yourself.

But nothing beats a manual shave, much better, closer shave, and you have absolutely no chance of getting electrocuted.

Maggy
18-02-2006, 21:03
The worst thing is when in a hurry and cutting yourself.

But nothing beats a manual shave, much better, closer shave, and you have absolutely no chance of getting electrocuted.

You don't shave in the bath I hope? You do don't you...It's the one thing that sends me spare about my husband...I go to use the bath later and there are 'shavings' in the bath. :mad:

driver_problems
18-02-2006, 21:16
best place for a shave is in a steam room. they tell you not to do it in there, but if you go when its quiet etc

Halcyon
18-02-2006, 22:40
You don't shave in the bath I hope? You do don't you...It's the one thing that sends me spare about my husband...I go to use the bath later and there are 'shavings' in the bath. :mad:

Nope, I dont lol.
I prefer in front of the mirror.
Another important thing is what you put on after you shave. I have this after shave cream that nourishes the skin and is not greasy at all. Does you the world of good.

driver_problems
18-02-2006, 22:59
ok - the prefect shave

Very hot water

Brush and soap dish

Couple of drops of Eucalyptus oil from your local health shop popped into the water

and a new razor

job done - sod the steam room

Halcyon
18-02-2006, 23:17
Forget the brush and soap..... Who has time to do that these days.
Press the button, the gel / cream comes out. Done.
Gilette sensitive skin with aloe vera is the one I use.

danielf
19-02-2006, 00:43
Timewarrior: Next time use soap/oil/whatever. You will find the blade runs much smoother...

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Real men do it blindfold. <snip>

I shave whilst showering. No mirror, but plenty of warm water around (and no faffing about being half naked in a cold bathroom) Works for me, and I rarely cut myself...

Maggy
19-02-2006, 00:46
Incog makes notes on behalf of 17 year old son about to embark on the long long road of shaving....:erm:

greencreeper
19-02-2006, 00:46
Press the button, the gel / cream comes out
My shaver has these "emulsion" (white slippery stuff) cartridges that you put in it. Just press the button and it shoots out the end. Usually all over the place. Always run out mid-shave. It's positively sexual :D

Maggy
19-02-2006, 00:57
Press the button, the gel / cream comes out My shaver has these "emulsion" (white slippery stuff) cartridges that you put in it. Just press the button and it shoots out the end. Usually all over the place. Always run out mid-shave. It's positively sexual :D

You like messing with my head don't you? :D

timewarrior2001
19-02-2006, 10:05
well its been bleeding all night!!!!

went out last night, and felt really stupid when people noticed it, tried to pass it off as a shrapnel wound lol.

interestingly enough, I did use a brand new blade......probably when it cut me so easily. And I had been using a very small amount of shaving foam.

Incidently for greencreeper you hit the nail on the head with the romper stomper look, I feel being the resident nazi skinhead racist that I must keep my image up, but stuff it I aint paying £60 for cherry red DM's my black ones will have to do.

I was thinking about getting " **** the system" tattooed on my forehead lmao.

Russ
19-02-2006, 10:16
Wow I've never had that sort of problem. I've been shaving my head since.....the mid 90's? Usually I just use electric clippers, take all the guards off to it's lower than a number 1 and get to work but every few months or so I use a Mach3 Power and take the lot off. Perhaps you'd got different hair type to me or possibly more sensitive skin (although I've always thought that I had the most sensitive skin in the world :( ). What I usually do when I use a wet razor is to electric-clipper it down as far as it goes, splash water as hot as I can stand it all over the stubble, then I get about half a 5 pence coin-size amount of virgin olive oil and rub that in and then get to work with the Mach3.

It's interesting that from all the good advice given in this thread, none of it seems to be from people who have actually shaved their head - they assume it's the same as shaving your face.

Nothing could be further from the truth! Scalp skin isn't used to having the blade dragged across it and will react differently. Most people have sensitive spots on their head somewhere - just wait until you go over one with your blade for the first time ;)

And yeah - some people (particularly the elderly!) will cross the road to avoid me but then again who can blame them when I look as scary as I normally do :spin:

But who cares? I though people who judged just on looks were ignorant, prejudiced etc etc ;)

driver_problems
20-02-2006, 00:04
It's interesting that from all the good advice given in this thread, none of it seems to be from people who have actually shaved their head - they assume it's the same as shaving your face.

it's interesting to see how you deduce what i do with my head when my picture is a candle

Russ
20-02-2006, 00:06
:confused:

Halcyon
20-02-2006, 00:15
lol
Do elaborate.......

driver_problems
20-02-2006, 00:19
lol
Do elaborate....... well - he is assuming that he has the morotoium on shaving his head. And yet he knows nothing of me or my appearance - so how can he come out with such a statement - the logic is flawed and based on his own eliteness at shaving his own head - he is becoming a kind of elect and is entombed in his own myth

Russ
20-02-2006, 00:21
well - he is assuming that he has the morotoium on shaving his head. And yet he knows nothing of me or my appearance - so how can he come out with such a statement - the logic is flawed and based on his own eliteness at shaving his own head - he is becoming a kind of elect and is entombed in his own myth

Woah - settle down, Chet!

Did you miss the following word, highlighted in bold?

none of it seems to be from people who have actually shaved their head

driver_problems
20-02-2006, 00:25
Woah - settle down, Chet!

Did you miss the following word, highlighted in bold?
yeah - but those italics were not and are not in the original posts that you refer to

who is chet anyway?

Russ
20-02-2006, 00:26
The italics appear when you quote a post - I didn't put them there.

Not my fault if you didn't read the post properly....:spin:

driver_problems
20-02-2006, 00:33
The italics appear when you quote a post - I didn't put them there.

Not my fault if you didn't read the post properly....:spin:

no - that's wrong. You are trying to wriggle out of what I am saying

Russ
20-02-2006, 00:36
(Sigh)

I used the word 'seem' because as you rightly say, I don't know for certain everyone's circumstances. Therefore the post I made wasn't any kind of generalisation.

If you want to discuss this further then feel free to PM me. If not then let's get this back on-topic.

pedantic
20-02-2006, 00:38
:tiptoe:

driver_problems
20-02-2006, 00:38
(Sigh)

I used the word 'seem' because as you rightly say, I don't know for certain everyone's circumstances. Therefore the post I made wasn't any kind of generalisation.

If you want to discuss this further then feel free to PM me. If not then let's get this back on-topic.

ok - understood. Thank you

Nikko
20-02-2006, 00:47
Why DO men shave? I have never worked this out. I have encountered quite a few women that have expressed a dislike for beards, but frankly I let it go at that because they were never on my list anyway. ( yuk a beard - well yes yuk you are 4'2" have 54" hips and no boobs ) I found I was prone to facial hair quite early in life, like about 15. My Dad got me a Phillishave, but it was frankly boring having to use it twice a day. So I stopped. About every 2 weeks I need to trim the beard, but why on earth do it every day?

If you have little hair on top, why attack it with blades of any type?

Russ
20-02-2006, 00:51

Initially I started shaving my head because shorter hair usually breaks less, and I wanted to preserve what I had, but after a while it dawned on me that you never notice a bloke is bald unless he's trying to hide it - so comb-overs, spreading it about and other such silliness usually attracts the wrong kind of attention. Plus I thought it would be best for people to start to get used to seeing me with little hair.

Now, I wouldn't have it any other way :D

driver_problems
20-02-2006, 00:52
Why DO men shave? I have never worked this out. I have encountered quite a few women that have expressed a dislike for beards, but frankly I let it go at that because they were never on my list anyway. ( yuk a beard - well yes yuk you are 4'2" have 54" hips and no boobs ) I found I was prone to facial hair quite early in life, like about 15. My Dad got me a Phillishave, but it was frankly boring having to use it twice a day. So I stopped. About every 2 weeks I need to trim the beard, but why on earth do it every day?

you are a woman and so know nothing about it

Russ
20-02-2006, 00:54
:confused: :confused:

Nikko
20-02-2006, 00:55
Initially I started shaving my head because shorter hair usually breaks less, and I wanted to preserve what I had, but after a while it dawned on me that you never notice a bloke is bald unless he's trying to hide it - so comb-overs, spreading it about and other such silliness usually attracts the wrong kind of attention. Plus I thought it would be best for people to start to get used to seeing me with little hair.

Now, I wouldn't have it any other way :D

I can follow that logic - thanks for clarirying, Russ.

Stuart
20-02-2006, 00:56
Well, I am different. I personally cannot stand having a beard.. I find it uncomfortable and think I look silly. Similarly, I would look like a yob with a shaved head, so I don't do that.

I think it's just personal taste.

Nikko
20-02-2006, 00:58
you are a woman and so know nothing about it

You are not very bright and I only came to this thread because I was about to post something very derogatory in your 'dumped' thread and thought it best to move on. However, since you are here, get over it, go to bed before you annoy a MOD or soneone who matters.

pedantic
20-02-2006, 01:01
Personally, and after several bad attempts at hair styles, I have a number 1 every month or so. I've had quite a few dodgy hair styles (which I won't go into) but friends and family say, this style suits me best :D

timewarrior2001
20-02-2006, 07:57
I'm pretty much like Russ, I had long hair, way past my shoulders.

When a bald spot appeared, I decided then to shave my head.
That was about 1996.
Since then I have gone from a grade 2 shave to removing it with a razor blade.

I may look like a thug, I could care less, I sometimes grow a goatee, but once it starts to turn ginger that gets shaved too.

Saaf_laandon_mo
20-02-2006, 09:14
Ive been shaving my head for the past 10 years cause i dont like a bald patch and tufts of hair all over the place (was fed up of the tufty nickname too). Shaving in the shower works best for me (i do clean up after, honest) and now Im using a mach 3 turbo razor, which does work really well. A few nicks to date but nothing like those pics were showing.

ScaredWebWarrior
20-02-2006, 09:24
Oh why are men so masochistic about shaving with razors?Why not use an electric especially for places you can't see easily.:shrug:I usually shave while having a shower, which means I can't see any part of my face - but that's no problem.

I think the head shaving is more a problem of being able to operate the razor gently enough while contorted to reach. I've also found that rushing while shaving is definitely a no-no, as that increases the likelihood of nicks.

---------- Post added at 09:24 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Well, I am different. I personally cannot stand having a beard.. I find it uncomfortable and think I look silly. Similarly, I would look like a yob with a shaved head, so I don't do that.

I think it's just personal taste.Ditto. If I had my hair cut short - i.e. no. 2 or less, then a variety of scars on my head show through. I recall once getting a no. 1 and with the scars showing through I looked rough as heck. My fashion for wearing army jackets and boots didn't help the image. (I must point out this was more than 2 decades ago...)

Halcyon
20-02-2006, 09:42
I can't stand not shaving. Sometimes on a Sunday I can't be bothered but during the week, I do it all the time. I prefer feeling smooth than all stubley.
And whenever I see people with long beards I think that must surely get in the way !

ScaredWebWarrior
20-02-2006, 09:50
I can't stand not shaving. Sometimes on a Sunday I can't be bothered but during the week, I do it all the time. I prefer feeling smooth than all stubley.I haven't met a woman yet who liked having her cheeks (or thighs ;)) scratched by stubble.

I don't know about beards - I used to have a 'tache but eventually was persuaded to get rid of it, and it made me look years younger. lol - but if I don't shave for a couple of days it starts to itch like mad. On top of that, it really hurts to shave off heavy stubble - much easier to keep on top of the situation.

Paul
20-02-2006, 12:12
you are a woman and so know nothing about itand you are an idiot who has now drawn attention to themselves, I suggest you start to behave or you will be out of here.

budwieser
20-02-2006, 20:17
:tu: I`ve used a Wahl clippers for about 10 years now as i was going a bit thin on top and sometimes i catch my lip or my ear!:erm: ****!:D But i`m pleased with the smooth look!:) Recently i tried `Down Below` and itched like buggery for a week!:D Looked good though!:angel: Missus did`nt like it as she likes hairy men.:( :D I always use the clippers set down to their lowest with no combs on.

Halcyon
20-02-2006, 20:40
You could go for a few other options too:

- Hair removal creams.

- Laser surgery. Never have to shave again.

Kneebs
20-02-2006, 21:46

Looks like you've slipped with the blade, and gone 'side ways' with it...I've cut mine in the same place, except i was shaving front to back, trying to get a bit too close of a shave, and took a triangular (dont ask me how !) shaped piece of skin off my scalp. Yep, it doesn't half hurt, dont it, especially when you come to rinse & shaving foam gets into it :Yikes: