PDA

View Full Version : Paying bill by phone using solo card

rmlaundon
26-06-2003, 17:24
Just got off the phone after an interesting chat to a CSR whilst paying my digital bill over the phone. I do feel sorry for those of you who work in this position as it must be confusing with the systems you are given to operate as this will demonstrate.

After giving my card number and details of the amount I was very politely informed that the system for digital payments DOESN'T accept solo cards but the cable modem system DOES (why they are on separate billing systems is probably another story). I can now understand why some ppl have confusion with working out bills, as to make the payment go through the charge had to be transferred from my digital account to the cable modem one. once that is in they can take the payment out. My digital bill will show a transfer out. the CM will show a transfer in and a payment out.

This seems to be a very long way around what should be a simple case of typing in a few numbers and submitting.

I think I'll stick to paying online in the future to save the CSR more hassle than is necessary.

Martin
03-07-2003, 23:02
Its typical NTL I'm affraid.:(

danielf
03-07-2003, 23:13
These separate bills are terrible. I get one for my tele, and one for cable modem and phone (I think). I had to sign two DDs as well. Somehow, it always feels like I get four bills a month.

Just one monthly bill/statement would be very nice...

Ramrod
03-07-2003, 23:39
Originally posted by danielf
These separate bills are terrible. I get one for my tele, and one for cable modem and phone (I think). I had to sign two DDs as well. Somehow, it always feels like I get four bills a month.

Just one monthly bill/statement would be very nice...
We just get one (Family pack, telphone and stb bb)

danielf
03-07-2003, 23:44
Originally posted by Ramrod
We just get one (Family pack, telphone and stb bb)

I think this stuff depends on your location. Apparently it has to do with the fact that NTL is just a load of franchises (might be wrong though).

Anyway, having two bills and two direct debits is not transparent. I think it needs to change.

Martin
03-07-2003, 23:57
Yep the different franchises never helps:( I wish this would get sorted out so one rule applies to all.

peterska2
04-07-2003, 00:06
no chance of that happening.

matty4donna
04-07-2003, 03:30
I paid the last bill with a HSBC Solo Debit card :confused: