PDA

View Full Version : 3 for £30??

Bashy
16-02-2006, 10:05
Hi, I am on NTLs 3 for £30.00 deal, base DTV, 1 Meg BB, plus 321 standard phone.

A friend of mine has just Phone 321 standard, but is interested in Broadband (currently on NTL PAYG Dialup)

I cannot find reference to the 3 for £30 on the website any more (it did take a while to find it in the first place very well hidden) This 3 for £30 package is currently getting advertised heavily.

But All I can find on the website is the 3 for £33 which changes the phone package from 321 to Talk unlimited, talk unlimited it not economically viable for me or my mate and so he whats to stay on 321.

So because we couldn't find any info on the wesite, he rang this morning and was told he could have 3 fo £30 but it was 512K (not 1Mb) and limited use to 4 hours a day (never heard of this 4 hour limit before)

The 3 for £33 was mentioned but it was fixed to the Talk unlimited which as I mentioned earlier is a no go.

Anyone got any ideas what is happenening and what is the 512K for 4 hoors a day all about??

Thanks for patiently reading this, Ta, Bashy...:confused: :confused:

UncleBooBoo
16-02-2006, 10:11
Never heard of that one before, maybe trying to put you off.

However I think it's only for new customers so he may not get it anyway.

Somebody who knows more will be along shortly so hold on.

Bashy
16-02-2006, 10:17
maybe trying to put you off.
I think it's only for new customers so he may not get it anyway.

Thanks, depends how they look at new customers, yes he is a phone customer, but not BB or TV, which makes him 33.33% old, 66.66% new, and he wants to pay NTL nearly 20quid more each month, I hope they was not trying to put him off I thought they would be in business to make money.

Thanks and I wait patiently for one of the experts. Thanks Mr Cool

UncleBooBoo
16-02-2006, 10:27
I understand what your saying but they maybe trying to get him to pay full whack for the services as they loose money on the offer. But I see your point if he says fine stick it they make nothing extra.

I have never heard of the 512k except for people who used to go over the cap and abuse the BB service so I think that part you were told is Bull.

Then again I don't work for NTL so can't say for sure.

Have you tried calling NTL sales as you will speak to a different person who maybe able to help you more than the last one?

Speak to sales and not CS as sales will be more willing to help you!

Ohhh and just to add your modem is always online so how they can do a timed service I don't know which leads me to belive this was a load of bull!

etccarmageddon
16-02-2006, 11:39
perhaps the call centre worker said it's subject to a usage guideline which works out at about 4 hours surfing each day for a month - still a load of rubbish though.

King Of Fools
16-02-2006, 11:58
The 3 for £33 was mentioned but it was fixed to the Talk unlimited which as I mentioned earlier is a no go.
Apart from the extra £3 charge, the TUL tariff is as good as if not better than 321 for all other calls.

Bashy
16-02-2006, 12:34
Apart from the extra £3 charge, the TUL tariff is as good as if not better than 321 for all other calls.

Agreed, the TUL tariff is good if you make calls during the day to none NTL phone users, but in our case we do not make enough of these calls to warrent the extra 3 pound a month.

setch
16-02-2006, 20:28
[QUOTE=Bashy]So because we couldn't find any info on the wesite, he rang this morning and was told he could have 3 fo £30 but it was 512K (not 1Mb) and limited use to 4 hours a day (never heard of this 4 hour limit before)
QUOTE]

That is interesting, my in-laws just signed up for a £33 package and they think that they are on 512Kb. I will have to get them to do a speed test next time they calls me.

Setch

slysy
16-02-2006, 21:09
Info on the web site is here:

http://www.home.ntl.com/page/3for30

Interestingly it does say that the broadband is 512k

paul11974
16-02-2006, 21:38
£3 more and you will get 488k more and talk unlimited i would go for the 3 for £33