PDA

View Full Version : Help installation date/confirmation

Saint man
14-02-2006, 19:22
How is the best way to find out if my installation date is still correct. Every time I ring NTL I keep on getting told to ring different numbers. The reason why I ask is that I was due to be installed 27/1/06 but was told some work had to be done before this could go ahead and had a note put through my door saying construction date 16/2/06, install date 21/2/06. Now the other weekend someone came and dug up my pavement put in the NTL flip up box, and I assume they had pulled the cable through from accross the road. Was this the construction work that was mentioned?
Do I assme that on the 21st they will come and do the install, is this posted thru door letter the one I should be working to, or must I wait for another emailed one.
Also I have rec'd 4 letters 2 each on 2 separate occasions about my bank details etc. and it looks like they have set up 2 different accounts.
I am totally confused about the whole process. Any input would be welcome, thanks

Chris W
14-02-2006, 20:30
:welcome:

Firstly, which part of the country are you in? And which services have you ordered? In some places, Broadband is billed seperately to TV and Telephone, so it may well be necessary to have two seperate accounts.

I believe that the construction team do the construction, then the pulling of cable will be done on the second visit, then the cable run from the street to your house on installation- i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong though.

Saint man
14-02-2006, 20:51
Thanks for reply and welcome sign.
Live in southampton and have only ordered the 2meg broadband, no other services, therefore a bit worried as to why I have 2 accounts. Wrote to NTL over a week ago but got no reply. Hope this isn't a taste of what's to come with regard customer support from NTL. (Just trying to get away from the worst experience of my life, Tiscali lack of support).

Saint man
15-02-2006, 13:54
Had automated reply from NTL saying I have to phone etc. But the fact that I emailed was due to the fact that I couldn't get anywhere by phoning, going round in circles me thinks.
Do customer services have an email address to resolve problems like mine, I am only trying to find out if my installation date is still correct.