PDA

View Full Version : Text Tom Baker

DJ Dave
14-02-2006, 16:55
I have heard NTL use the BT's Text system to send texts to a landline, At the moment it is Tom Baker reading out the texts, some people on NTL seem to get him but others like me just hear the normal BT Lady.

Any ideas?

ScaredWebWarrior
14-02-2006, 17:00
At the moment it is Tom Baker reading out the texts, some people on NTL seem to get him but others like me just hear the normal BT Lady.

Any ideas?Remove the voice changer from the phone? Or maybe the wax in your ear is frequency shifting Tom?

But seriously, I don't know when they started rolling out Tom, but I can imagine if it was very recent, then perhaps not all exchanges have been done.

DJ Dave
14-02-2006, 17:17
lol I bet it's that knowing the good old Wirral:rolleyes:

ScaredWebWarrior
14-02-2006, 17:43
lol I bet it's that knowing the good old Wirral:rolleyes:Well, there is your answer. They upgraded one exchange and then spent the rest of the day waiting for a new set of wheels to be fitted... ;)

DJ Dave
14-02-2006, 20:05
Oh yeah because the Midlands is so nice:erm:

Paul K
14-02-2006, 20:26
From what someone told me Tom was supposed to be the voice of BT text to voice for 3 months but I'm not sure how it cross platforms to be honest. Someone told me that they had problems with it very early into the usage session so it might be having a few teething problems at the moment.

jonifen
15-02-2006, 00:27
At work the other day we were messing with this... sending stupid texts to eachother.
All the phones connect through a main PBX, but they all have their own individual external number to get through to them direct.
One phone in the whole of my office gets the lady. All the others we tried get Tom Baker.

I dont think its down to the exchange really, I think its perhaps random :/

ScaredWebWarrior
15-02-2006, 08:41
Oh yeah because the Midlands is so nice:erm:I wonder if you're influenced by a prejudice against any specific part of the Midlands?

I'm talking of that bit of the East Midlands just below Watford Gap - which is quite a green and pleasant land.

DJ Dave
15-02-2006, 09:57
Yeah well were I live is a very nice area too :D , thanks for ya help guys.