PDA

View Full Version : Tight anus maybe?

greencreeper
12-02-2006, 15:28
Eggs are getting smaller. I was looking at a large egg in Sainsbury's and thought, "That's not a large egg. That's a medium egg". It's a mystery to me. I remember eggs, still warm from the hen, as a kid being much bigger. Maybe it's me :erm:

driver_problems
12-02-2006, 16:11
Eggs are getting smaller. I was looking at a large egg in Sainsbury's and thought, "That's not a large egg. That's a medium egg". It's a mystery to me. I remember eggs, still warm from the hen, as a kid being much bigger. Maybe it's me :erm:

your right.. They are getting smaller

Maggy
12-02-2006, 16:13

I did wonder when I saw your name and the subject heading. :Yikes:

Actually I reckon it varies according to whether the egg producer has enough of a certain size egg being laid.I have to say the small eggs really do look titchy though.

I also am fairly certain that there are folk who when at the supermarket, swap the large eggs to the small egg cartons and vice versa so as to get cheaper large eggs. ;)

zing_deleted
12-02-2006, 16:18
Now come on an educated man like you thinking an chicken lays its egg from its poop hole indeed lol lol http://www.afn.org/~poultry/egghen.htm hehehehehe

bob_a_builder
12-02-2006, 17:20
Just wait till you see a Cadburys Creme Egg this year - that'll seem really small compared to before, someone should set up a web site to record the decline in size of these things, like mars bars, wagon wheels etc etc so we've got some data to refer too.

Enuff
12-02-2006, 17:32
Ye, wagon wheels did used to be the size of real wagon whells when I were a nipper... but now they're thae size of a small coin... mind you, having hands like shovels don't help much! :Yikes:

marky
12-02-2006, 17:43
So are these things smaller, or is it because we all got bigger :shrug:

Halcyon
12-02-2006, 17:49
Just wait till you see a Cadburys Creme Egg this year - that'll seem really small compared to before, someone should set up a web site to record the decline in size of these things, like mars bars, wagon wheels etc etc so we've got some data to refer too.

Maybe this will be useful for you. :)

http://www.kingsizecremeegg.co.uk/

greencreeper
12-02-2006, 21:06
Now come on an educated man like you thinking an chicken lays its egg from its poop hole indeed lol lol http://www.afn.org/~poultry/egghen.htm hehehehehe
A man like me knowing nothing about female anatomy huh. Who'd have thought it. And that link is far too graphic :disturbd:

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

So are these things smaller, or is it because we all got bigger :shrug:
That's what I'm wondering :scratch:

Mr_love_monkey
12-02-2006, 21:31
Ye, wagon wheels did used to be the size of real wagon whells when I were a nipper...
You're not telling me that they come out of chickens bums too?

Maggy
12-02-2006, 21:32
Ye, wagon wheels did used to be the size of real wagon whells when I were a nipper... You're not telling me that they come out of chickens bums too?

You are one sick puppy. :)

Mr_love_monkey
12-02-2006, 21:51
You are one sick puppy. :)
You'd be surprised how often I get that :)

BBKing
12-02-2006, 22:48
A man like me knowing nothing about female anatomy huh. Who'd have thought it.

Rubbish. You were just too chicken to look it up.

greencreeper
12-02-2006, 23:06
Rubbish. You were just too chicken to look it up.
Groan :rolleyes: :D

I remember the videos from school. It's no wonder I'm gay :p:

danielf
12-02-2006, 23:12
I once had to get some 'large' eggs for someone. So I asked for large eggs in a local shop, and the bloke went: You want large egss? I've got double yoke eggs. I'd never seen them, but they were really large eggs that indeed had two yokes. They never seem to make it into the supermarket though.

I was quite puzzled by this double yoke egg phenomenon. I'm sure someone on here can enlighten me though...

Maggy
12-02-2006, 23:12
Rubbish. You were just too chicken to look it up. Groan :rolleyes: :D

I remember the videos from school. It's no wonder I'm gay :p:

Pshaw!Going by that surmise ALL women would be lesbian...:p:

punky
12-02-2006, 23:17
I was quite puzzled by this double yoke egg phenomenon. I'm sure someone on here can enlighten me though...

I could regurgitate it and pretend I already knew but I am too honest...

From wiki....

Some hens will lay double-yolked eggs as the result of unsynchronized production cycles, although heredity causes some hens to have a higher propensity to lay double-yolked eggs. Double-yolked eggs only rarely, and even then only with human intervention, lead to the successful development of two embryos [3].

It is also possible for a young hen to produce an egg with no yolk at all.

marky
12-02-2006, 23:17
Double yolks, simple, they are scanned with very bright light to make sure :D

driver_problems
12-02-2006, 23:49
I was working in a restaurant in the kitchen once and they used to bring about 300 eggs in each day. Once I saw one of the cooks crack open an egg and there was a chick in it - dead, but a chick nonetheless - i was wondering how that happened (yeah I know the birds & bees etc) I thought they came from battery hens etc

greencreeper
13-02-2006, 05:48
I was working in a restaurant in the kitchen once and they used to bring about 300 eggs in each day. Once I saw one of the cooks crack open an egg and there was a chick in it - dead, but a chick nonetheless - i was wondering how that happened (yeah I know the birds & bees etc) I thought they came from battery hens etc
Well :erm: There's a mummy chicken and a daddy chicken. Er. When they love each other very much, a baby chicken forms inside an egg.

zing_deleted
13-02-2006, 10:54

Maybe they didn't use duracel maybe they were so cheap they bought the cheap ones from the mkt :D

Pia
13-02-2006, 12:56
I thoguht the chick eggs would normally hatch, that's how you know which ones not to eat:erm:
So if that one was dead then it won't have hatched!

greencreeper
13-02-2006, 18:34
I thoguht the chick eggs would normally hatch, that's how you know which ones not to eat:erm:
You can remove an egg from the hen and replace it later and it will hatch fine. The reason it was dead was most likely because it was removed from the warmth of the hen after it started developing, which suggests that the egg had been left there for some time before being collected. Nice.

My Dad breeds canaries, so I know a little about the egg-to-chick process :D

homealone
13-02-2006, 18:42

they usually use a 'candling' device - basically shines a bright light through the egg, to detect blood spots, this should have picked up an egg with an embryo in it.

- and seeing as battery hens never get to see a rooster, it is even more of a mystery???

greencreeper
13-02-2006, 23:11
...and seeing as battery hens never get to see a rooster, it is even more of a mystery???
Never under-estimate the determination of a desperate female.

Russ
13-02-2006, 23:14
Never under-estimate the determination of a desperate female.

:rofl:

Maggy
14-02-2006, 00:53
...and seeing as battery hens never get to see a rooster, it is even more of a mystery??? Never under-estimate the determination of a desperate female.

Or a desperate male.:rolleyes:

greencreeper
14-02-2006, 08:31
Or a desperate male.:rolleyes:
Touche :D