PDA

View Full Version : Washing Machines GAHHHHHh

Paulie
11-02-2006, 17:54
Why is it that when things go wrong, it`s always mid bloody cycle? My washing machine went pop, but nooooooo, not when i turned it on. But when it had filled up with water. Only then did it decide to give up on me. No spin, no pump action :mad:

For future referance to anyone else who`s maching decides to go this way. Get yourself a piece of tubing, or failing that some straws and create a gravity feed to drain the ******* water into a bucket. I didn`t get too wet in the process either thank god, or some white goods would have met a nasty end.

MadGamer
11-02-2006, 18:37
How long have you had the machine?

handyman
11-02-2006, 19:55
I you want some help there are several washing machine engineers that frequent this forum (myself included).
A good way to drain a washing machine is to take the grey pipe and lower it into a bucket to gravity drain it. If it will bot dain then you have a blocked pump/pipe.

What make model have you got, and what where the full syptoms?

Pia
11-02-2006, 20:37
A good way to drain a washing machine is to take the grey pipe and lower it into a bucket to gravity drain it.

:erm:

Get yourself a piece of tubing, or failing that some straws and create a gravity feed to drain the ******* water into a bucket.
;)

handyman
11-02-2006, 21:58
Not sure what that post was for Pia?

What I suggested did not involve connecting together straws or extra tubing.

After fixing washing machines for 5 years I did manage to pick up one or 2 things :erm:

Paulie
12-02-2006, 10:22
I you want some help there are several washing machine engineers that frequent this forum (myself included).
A good way to drain a washing machine is to take the grey pipe and lower it into a bucket to gravity drain it. If it will bot dain then you have a blocked pump/pipe.

What make model have you got, and what where the full syptoms?

Thanks, the make/model is a Bosch WFF2001.

When the cycle starts, it will fill and wash, but when the led moves onto "Rinse" nothing happens and then both the "Rinse" and "Spin/Pump" leds light up and flash at the same time. Nothing else happens, no pump noise or anything.

Access to the back of the machine is limited to say the least and the dryer is on top of it lol.

driver_problems
12-02-2006, 16:58

When the cycle starts, it will fill and wash, but when the led moves onto "Rinse" nothing happens and then both the "Rinse" and "Spin/Pump" leds light up and flash at the same time. Nothing else happens, no pump noise or anything.

Access to the back of the machine is limited to say the least and the dryer is on top of it lol.

it might be a good idea to check that the outlet hose is funtioning properly. I came across some wierd problem and it turned out the outside drain was blocked so that the outlet hose was going directly into water which stopped it, the machine, working. Might be an idea?

handyman
13-02-2006, 14:20

Your most likely fault will be the multi fill valve or the pump.

If you move it to spin does the water pump out?

I would suggest changing the valve 1st, this will be in the machine directly where the cold/hot enters the machine. Its the cold one you need to change. If you unplug it from the mains and turn off the water you will find only 2 screws holding it in place. Make a note of the wires and where they go (take a digi picture and label them.

Take it to your local washer repair/spares place and they can test it for you and a replacement should not be too much.

If its all ok then the next suspect could be the pump. Expect this to cost around 20-30 you will be better taking this outside to do as there will be residual water left in the machine. (there are loads of tips and tricks to avoid dampness but its probably better to do it outside).

After that if your still having problems post back.

hm

Paulie
15-02-2006, 10:05
Fixed :)
I opened up the filter and the impellar was blocked by a wedged penny and an oar of all things. Bloody kids lol.

Thanks all for the help.

iadom
01-03-2006, 22:55
Sorry to arrive so late on the scene,;) spend a lot of time over at ukwhitegoods.com these days, they have even made me a moderator :blush: for future reference, almost all Bosch machines, even some of the cheaper Spanish and Polish produced machines have a small black tube near the filter. It takes a while but you can use this to drain the machine.

driver_problems
01-03-2006, 23:01
Sorry to arrive so late on the scene,;) spend a lot of time over at ukwhitegoods.com these days, they have even made me a moderator :blush: for future reference, almost all Bosch machines, even some of the cheaper Spanish and Polish produced machines have a small black tube near the filter. It takes a while but you can use this to drain the machine.

thread linkup (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=43826)

its a bit like two space stations linking up in a wierd sort of way - threadwise that is :rolleyes:

Shaun
01-03-2006, 23:50
Never knew we had a new moderator on the scene DP :erm:

Nice to see you around again iadom. :)

iadom
02-03-2006, 09:53
Nice to see you around again iadom. :)
I do look in every day, post mainly in the footie and funnies etc. My mum has not been well lately so I have not had much spare time to spend here, as I pop in twice a day to keep an eye on her.

Shaun
02-03-2006, 14:58
Sorry to hear she's not too well Iadom. :(

DENO
24-02-2007, 15:29
New to this forum.

I also have a Bosch WFF2001 WASHING MACHINE , now 6 yrs old and 1st ever problem. so I am not sure if I have posted this query correctly; I couldn't see the New Thread Button!!

Problem I have is when the Machine is switched on ,it goes off straight away. I can hear a relay latch and go off.
If I hold in the On/Off switch all the function button lights will activate correctly if selction is made. The outlet drain is clear. I have also checked the front outlet filter; appears to be clear.
Any ideas what it could be?

Stuart
24-02-2007, 17:33
:welcome: to the site.

The site is divided into multple forums. To create a new thread, go to the forums listing (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ ), double click the forum most appropriate for the subject of the thread. The new thread button is near the top, above a list of the current threads.

iadom
24-02-2007, 18:19
I have sent you a PM Deno.;)

Jim.