PDA

View Full Version : What is the daftest thing you have done?

driver_problems
10-02-2006, 22:50
What is the daftest thing you have done?

I say this as the task was presented to me to paint some wardrobe doors that were of the louvre nature. I spent a couple of hours painting them and when I stepped back to admire my work thought....oh no!!!! :Yikes:

So I opened the said wardrobe doors and, sure enough, all the clothes hanging in the said wardrobe had brushmarks of paint here there and everywhere on them :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Pia
10-02-2006, 23:22
lol http://bestsmileys.com/doh/1.gif

The other day i put the milk in the cupboard and the sugar in the fridge:dunce: Didn't realise til about an hour later:rofl:

Ramrod
10-02-2006, 23:33
This thread sounds similar to this (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=1327&highlight=river+ledge) ....what a memory, eh? :D

Chris W
10-02-2006, 23:35
similar... but not similar enough to be merged ;)

driver_problems
10-02-2006, 23:36
similar... but not similar enough to be merged ;)

yes - those things seem a bit heavy duty really. I was looking for more sheer daftness :rolleyes:

Ramrod
10-02-2006, 23:38
yes - those things seem a bit heavy duty really. I was looking for more sheer daftness :rolleyes:Oy! Less of the eye rolling! :D

......and what I did was pretty daft!:D :D

marky
10-02-2006, 23:41
I got my girlfiend (now wife) Pregnant, does that count :erm:

driver_problems
10-02-2006, 23:44

yep :)

Macca371
10-02-2006, 23:46
Fell downstairs backwards whilst drunk at a friend's house party. Not clever. :dunce:

driver_problems
10-02-2006, 23:46
Oy! Less of the eye rolling! :D

......and what I did was pretty daft!:D :D
no offence. what's in the RSA

Ramrod
10-02-2006, 23:51
no offence. what's in the RSARepublic of South Africa:)

tick
10-02-2006, 23:54
got married twice ?

Paulie
10-02-2006, 23:55
In a crowded shop i stepped over a chair (to avoid the shoppers) into a mirrored wall. Got a few looks for that one.

marky
10-02-2006, 23:57
got married twice ?

Do we have a winner :Yikes:

tick
11-02-2006, 00:01
Do we have a winner :Yikes:
i was drunk both times

driver_problems
11-02-2006, 00:05
i was drunk both times

when you proposed (were proposed to) or at the event?

Please list embarrasing details,,,,,,,,,,,

marky
11-02-2006, 00:05
Dont blame you :rofl:
oops i better shut up before the ladies batter me :disturbd:

tick
11-02-2006, 00:07
only joking loved them both;)

Ramrod
11-02-2006, 00:15
i was drunk both times
:clap: :nworthy: :D

Halcyon
11-02-2006, 00:48
- (When I was very young) Picked up a piece of charcoal that had fallen out of the BBQ. PAINFUL !!!!

Russ
11-02-2006, 00:50
Geeting engaged and buying a house.

BIG BIG mistake

driver_problems
11-02-2006, 01:00

BIG BIG mistake

how so?

Pia
11-02-2006, 01:09

BIG BIG mistake
how so?

I'm kinda guessing it's cos he's not engaged anymore:rofl:

marky
11-02-2006, 01:26
Just Speculation, lets not go into theory's ;)

hoggyspuds
11-02-2006, 01:38
Fell asleep at christmas do...head on table...zzzz'ing like a baby

Mr_love_monkey
11-02-2006, 01:43
I'm kinda guessing it's cos he's not engaged anymore:rofl:
I reckon it's cos it was a haunted house.... :)

chocky909
11-02-2006, 01:48
Two for you.

In metalwork, I grabbed a piece of metal that had just been in the forge. The guy was holding one end of it so I assumed it was cool - turned out he'd dipped that end in cold water just before. The moral... Look, don't touch! (Thanks Mam)

Also a strange drunken action. Just finishing my doner kebab as we arrived at my friend's house, I decided that my takeaway polystyrene tray which was covered in leftover garlic sauce would look funny stuck to the window, this window at the top of a communal stairwell in a small block of flats. Surprisingly, to me at the time at least, my hand went straight through the glass. It was 1am and the noise the broken glass made was surprisingly loud as it fell on the concrete outside waking up the whole block. My friend dealt with his angry, aggressive, council estate neighbours whilst I hid in his toilet with my tail between my legs. Dutch courage, eh? I wasn't cut at all, I thought I was but it turned out to be a small sliver of red cabbage.

:p:

Russ
11-02-2006, 09:42
how so?

Because it just was!

timewarrior2001
11-02-2006, 09:44
hmmmm

lemme see, I once touched a fuse in a plug for my TV whilst it was switched on, It didnt look like it was in properly and without thinking I pushed it into place. Woke up several m,inutes later on the other side of my bedroom with a burnt hand.

Fell asllep in th emiddle of a road whilst walking home (8 miles) from a nightclub in Middlesbrough. Was arrested for being drunk and incapable.

zing_deleted
11-02-2006, 10:56

Aint we all???? only I got married to mine now divorced so guess im dafter ;)

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

years ago I used to be a butcher.Me and this other guy used to mess about with knives.This one day the guy was holding a knife and pretended to stab me.I held his arm to stop him so he was bearing down on me.I had had enough let go and he stabbed me in the throat nasty ;)

ellie
11-02-2006, 14:55
Hey if this was the 'What is the most embarrassing thing you have done' thread then I could be posting in it all day :D

dilli-theclaw
11-02-2006, 17:05
MMMmmm - Wrote off a brand new 50,000 forklift truck in front of a company director.

Russ
11-02-2006, 17:08
Mind you, being Russ David means I do daft things on a daily basis. Another one was signing a contract with The Wave which means I cannot work at any local radio stations after I leave for a minimum for 90 days :(

marky
11-02-2006, 17:12
90 days of Russ free radio doesnt sound daft to me :D

Maggy
11-02-2006, 17:13
Hah! A confessions thread.I'm not giving my head to you lot for washing.Any thing remotely embarrassing is my affair.But I will subscribe and read all yours...;)

Bob
11-02-2006, 17:14
In a crowded shop i stepped over a chair (to avoid the shoppers) into a mirrored wall. Got a few looks for that one.

LOL! Thats hilarious... but then I do have You've Been Framed humour :D

dilli-theclaw
11-02-2006, 17:18
Hah! A confessions thread.I'm not giving my head to you lot for washing.Any thing remotely embarrassing is my affair.But I will subscribe and read all yours...;)I won't mention wearing certain clothing for a dare and getting a photo taken then....

Doh ;):)

marky
11-02-2006, 17:20
I won't mention wearing certain clothing for a dare and getting a photo taken then....

Doh ;):)

*resists posting said pic*:disturbd:

altis
11-02-2006, 17:20
Recently we went shopping at Tesco. After unloading the trolley it was my job to push it back to the trolley park. It was a bit of a way so I was running along and then jumping up on the handle for the ride - it's a blokes thing. What I didn't realise is that Tesco trolleys are not built like ordinary trolleys and the handle sticks out a long way at the back. So much so that my weight was just too much for the empty trolley and it started to tip back. I didn't realise what was happening until my feet were dragging along the ground too far behind me to catch up. I ended up sprawled full length on the car park with the trolley up-turned in front of me.

Also, while decorating, I've come backwards down the step ladders and stepped straight into the bucket of wallpaper paste.

No wonder people think I'm Mr Bean!

handyman
11-02-2006, 17:30
Recently we went shopping at Tesco. After unloading the trolley it was my job to push it back to the trolley park. It was a bit of a way so I was running along and then jumping up on the handle for the ride - it's a blokes thing. What I didn't realise is that Tesco trolleys are not built like ordinary trolleys and the handle sticks out a long way at the back. So much so that my weight was just too much for the empty trolley and it started to tip back. I didn't realise what was happening until my feet were dragging along the ground too far behind me to catch up. I ended up sprawled full length on the car park with the trolley up-turned in front of me.

Also, while decorating, I've come backwards down the step ladders and stepped straight into the bucket of wallpaper paste.

No wonder people think I'm Mr Bean!

Lol, exactly the same thing happened to a freind. 4 Of us had gone for a late night shop at the new 24hr tesco nr Stockton. Sarah got all exicted and went to do the riding along thing as we shot into the store and ended up getting dragged along fully strethced out behind the trolley.

The guy that watch's the cctv actually came out into the store to tell us he was peeing himself in the control booth. Expect to see it on you've been framed.

MadGamer
11-02-2006, 18:44
After ive finished using the milk, i have been on occasions known to put it in the cupboard instead of back in the fridge and then realised, that i'd made a mistake. :) :blush:

Pia
11-02-2006, 19:10
After ive finished using the milk, i have been on occasions known to put it in ther cupboard instead of back in the fridge and then realised, that i'd made a mistake. :) :blush:
Seems we have a similar (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=686516&postcount=2) daftness MG:erm:

Angua
11-02-2006, 20:01
Seems we have a similar (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=686516&postcount=2) daftness MG:erm:
Snap! Usually I put the bread in the fridge and the butter in the cupboard. Download Failed (1)

Pia
11-02-2006, 20:22
Snap! Usually I put the bread in the fridge and the butter in the cupboard. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/1088.gif

Usually? :erm:
Read this Angua.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3040203.stm :Sprint:

:rofl:

:p:Only kidding:D:D

Theodoric
11-02-2006, 20:30
Believing somebody who assured me that a mains cable was dead, then me cutting though it with a pair of side cutters! Fortunately, I wasn't totally brain dead because I first wrapped the cutter handles in my handkerchief - and just as well!

homealone
11-02-2006, 20:50
seems a lot are about electricity ;)

I don't know if anyone remembers the type of electric fire, where it was an array of loosely coiled single wires, rather than 1 or 2 'bars' with the wire coiled tightly??

- anyway, suffice to say I could have sworn I had turned the mains off, but somehow managed to end up on the other side of the room - with the tip of the knife I was using to screw one of the wires back, welded to the wire, which now stretched across the room, back to the fire. :Yikes:

- thank goodness the fuse blew ;)

marky
11-02-2006, 20:53
You should try playing with 3 phase, :Yikes:

homealone
11-02-2006, 21:25
You should try playing with 3 phase, :Yikes:

no thanks ;)

- the last shock I got was while installing an outside light - I had disconnected it - Mrs Gaz plugged it back in :erm:

luckily I wasn't up a ladder :dozey:

gooner4life
11-02-2006, 21:37
When I was 6 my Commodore 64 power supply's fuse blew, I decided to take the plug apart and nick a fuse out of my Dad's Alarm clock, only because i'd never done it before I decided to plug it into the socket and put the fuse in to make sure it worked before screwing it back together, I also ended up on the other side of the room through a built in cupboard's door which cracked in half, I didnt pass out though and the blister on my hand was huge.

The moral of the story is, dont be lazy and half do something.

Angua
11-02-2006, 22:24
Usually? :erm:
Read this Angua.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3040203.stm :Sprint:

:rofl:

:p:Only kidding:D:D
Never suffered from depression and I keep drinking the "Smart" milk (at my age I need all the help I can get. :rofl:

Back on topic...
Another daft thing I have done is pecome a politician and get elected (so frustrating not being able to speak your mind anymore for fear you will have predjudiced a decision (how daft is that)) :shrug:

Orior
11-02-2006, 22:33
I have a mate who is an Everton fan and had a ticket for the Everton Liverpool FA cup final. He had a ticket for the Liverpool end, and as he queued he was approached by a Liverpool fan who said he had a ticket for the Everton end, and asked if he would like to swap. My mate swapped, then queued up at the Everton end, got to the gate and was told his ticket was a fake. He then slipped the gatekeeper a £20 note and asked could he get in now. The gatekeeper said no. My mate asked for his £20 back. The gatekeeper said "what £20?".

ian@huth
12-02-2006, 17:03
After ive finished using the milk, i have been on occasions known to put it in the cupboard instead of back in the fridge and then realised, that i'd made a mistake. :) :blush:I once got the milk out of the fridge together with the water filter jug. Guess what I filled the kettle with? :dunce:

As I posted in another thread I once got into my car not realising my shoelace was undone. This got trapped in the door unknown to me but didn't stop me reaching the accelerator peddle. It did stop me from reaching the brake pedal though which was quite a shock when I came to slow down. :Yikes: :Yikes: :dunce:

ellie
13-02-2006, 17:47
Bought something in Argos quite a while ago and the number on the ticket for me to collect what I bought was at least 15 numbers ahead of the number they were calling. So I went for a lil look around the surrounding shops and then I got the bus all the way home completely forgetting I was waiting for time to pass till my collection number :rolleyes:

zing_deleted
13-02-2006, 17:50
I once got the milk out of the fridge together with the water filter jug. Guess what I filled the kettle with? :dunce:

As I posted in another thread I once got into my car not realising my shoelace was undone. This got trapped in the door unknown to me but didn't stop me reaching the accelerator peddle. It did stop me from reaching the brake pedal though which was quite a shock when I came to slow down. :Yikes: :Yikes: :dunce:

good job you got a second foot designed for such emergancies ;)

littld
13-02-2006, 19:45
I once started to fry an egg but got distracted and forgot to get a frying pan out first. It was a mess.

Another time I put a pan on the back gas ring on the cooker but lit the front gas ring. I didn't understand why the food wasn't getting warm and then burned my hand moving the pan by the handle which by now was very hot.

Another time the glass base in the fridge cracked in half so I took it outside and superglued the crack to make it whole. Unfortunately, I rested it on the patio and superglued the whole thing to the patio floor.

My wife doesn't allow me in the kitchen much anymore.

I very foolishly tried to avoid an accident my son might have been about to have playing with a knife. Yes, that's right, he had the blade gripped in his hand and I grabbed the handle and pulled hard to take it from him.

I once got a new motherboard for the computer and the power leads inside (plastic blocks with different coloured wires I think) didn't match. So I got out a Stanley knife and made it fit. When I plugged it in all the lights went out and I had to replace fuses.

A few months ago I turned round in a new £21,000 car and there wasn't enough room (my old car was smaller). Front and back bumpers ruined, paintwork damaged front and back. Felt like a right idiot explaining to the insurance company how I managed to do so much damage on my own in a deserted street.

I could go on but I don't want any of you thinking I make a habit of it.

Pia
13-02-2006, 19:56
My wife doesn't allow me in the kitchen much anymore.
Really?? I can't think why that would be:confused::confused:
:D
Yes, that's right, he had the blade gripped in his hand and I grabbed the handle and pulled hard to take it from him.
:Yikes::Yikes::disturbd::disturbd: