PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Internet Service in Lincoln

rewster
09-02-2006, 00:32
Hi

I have had a problem in the last 2 days that my internet service seems to drop out for a few seconds then reconnect. I am pinging an IP address and the response seems to rise, then times out, then goes back to standard speed (around 20ms), there does not seem to be a pattern to when it happens.

Is anyone else having this issue in the Lincoln Area. I rang the 0800 service status line and it did say there was work in the Lincoln area but between midnight and 6am

This is the first problem I have had (that I have been around to notice) with my ntl BB service in 3 years.

I have a Terayon Modem.

Paul

jrhnewark
09-02-2006, 01:03
Hmm, I would imagine it's related if it's just been going on over the last couple of days. Might be worth given them a call, given that you seem to have tried all the basics? Have you tried http://192.168.100.1? :)

(I love the way the poor bloke on the service status line hasn't been told it's "Base-forrd" not "Bas-fod"! :D)

Insector
09-02-2006, 01:15
Hi

I have had a problem in the last 2 days that my internet service seems to drop out for a few seconds then reconnect. I am pinging an IP address and the response seems to rise, then times out, then goes back to standard speed (around 20ms), there does not seem to be a pattern to when it happens.

Is anyone else having this issue in the Lincoln Area. I rang the 0800 service status line and it did say there was work in the Lincoln area but between midnight and 6am

This is the first problem I have had (that I have been around to notice) with my ntl BB service in 3 years.

I have a Terayon Modem.

Paul

:welcome: Hope you have a nice stay here

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 ----------

I live in Lincoln too. No problem here

rewster
09-02-2006, 15:57
Thanks for the responses, I will call NTL when I get home tonight. I have tried connecting to a different router (a Linksys) to make sure it is not a problem with my DLINK router. and the same thing happens

When my internet is working I am getting 9.2MB

paulj256
09-02-2006, 18:32
Im in Lincoln and had the same thing happening for the last few weeks, but i had the old Cmx modem (7 Years old). Rang Cust Servs India branch and convinced them to swap out my modem. Got a new NTL 250 modem last week and been fine ever since. Running at the full 10mb now. So could be your modem ?

Nedkelly
10-02-2006, 07:18
;) Hi Lincoln is changing from a 64 Qam Network to a 264 Qam network over the next couple of weeks you might see some changes with your modem status:D

carlingman
11-02-2006, 00:53
;) Hi Lincoln is changing from a 64 Qam Network to a 264 Qam network over the next couple of weeks you might see some changes with your modem status:D

:confused:

Guessing you mean 256qam.

Are you talking about at headend level or at user level as I am guessiing if at user level this is going to be a huge move as all the Set Top Boxes will have to be compatible as well as the Cable Modems and their docsis versions.

Seems a massive change for a minimal improvement.

They would be better off concentrating on getting the network to perform to the standard they promise now before ****ing about even further.

:)

Nedkelly
11-02-2006, 07:20
I am talking about both Headend and network level this has been done in Lincoln .So far not many problems:tu:

jtwn
11-02-2006, 13:44
"Massive change for minimal improvement?"

You are talking about an extra 11mb to a 27mb wide channel?

darkknight
11-02-2006, 16:33
hi i am from lincoln too m8 i had loads off prob with my 10meg i was getting downloads speed off a 1.5meg it was bs, so i changed to bt yahoo bb even no i am on a low speed i dont gett the prob i used to get on ntl but bt is doing 24meg mid this year testing it first in london and scotland

rewster
13-02-2006, 14:09
The engineer visited today, the problem was my modem (an old Terayon) as suggest by paulj256, it could not cope with the increased power that had been implemented a week ago, which is when it started going wrong. My modem has been changed to a ntl250 and it all seems to be working fine now.

TheCrow
13-02-2006, 14:28
wow! Im not the only person from lincoln on here!!!

Chrysalis
14-02-2006, 18:54
Downstream Modulation : QAM64

this means my ubr is 27meg download? not the higher speed?

sorry to invade lincoln thread :)