PDA

View Full Version : Problems in N.Ireland??

Gavin001
07-02-2006, 17:17
Having a few problems here in Derry cant connect to anything, Xfire, MSN Messenger, Steam, Google Talk, Cant log on to hotmail.com, cant even get the G-Mail website to load. At first i thought it was just my own problem until my mate came on who is also NTL and he is havin the extract same problems!

Anyone know??

Sharpy
07-02-2006, 17:20
same problem here gavin with MSN Messenger in Lisburn, also know a m8 in belfast havin the same probs so im assuming its a maintenance window

Gavin001
07-02-2006, 17:20
Does http://mail.google.com/ that load for you Sharpy?

Sharpy
07-02-2006, 17:24
no joy with that page m8, i can use hotmail fine through outlook but not via the website

wasted.d
07-02-2006, 18:38
Im in belfast an also am unable to use msn , bit torrent, gamespy arcade and tons of other programs, cs say my connection is fine an nothing is wrong with it even tho theres an automated msg at the start of the phone call sayin theres an outage in belfast. Tho i notice as per usual the server status page has no information at all an like ntl is total uselss.
The modem log states " DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response. DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out " so this is normal is it? nothing wrong ? :disturbd:
My ip has been changing over an over since 1am this morning and they claim thats this not the problem, when asked what the problem is an how long itll last i am given the run around an told some rubbish about compensation which in my past experience you never recieve and compensation was not what my call was about.
I am just about sick to the back teeth with a crap service an ignorant self important cs staff who simply dont seem to have enough basic trainning in manners let alone in how to deal with 6yr long clients who pay a min of £150 per month to there company. I have contacted watchdog an oftel as since this so called upto 10mb service came out ive had 3weeks working service, the rest of the time its been 1 thing after another.
Now before anyone decides to jump in an quote me an jump to ntls defence "save your breath" , ive been with ntl and had enough rubbish with them to know exactly what there like an how bad there service can be.
Notice how fast NTL are when you owe them £8 , they are right on the ball when it comes to that so as of this post i am withholding payment for broadband and will not be paying for it again untill it works fully.
Maybe when there on tv yet again being slammed for ****ty service an support they might finally wake up and if that doesnt do it, then I WILL take legal action against them as i am ****ed if im paying £35 to surf, if i wanted to do that id go to an internet cafe.

My advice to you all is find a new isp, maybe when ntl feel it in the pocket theyll actually pull there **** together.:td:

ps, keep ur comments about my post to yourself as i wont be reading them again as ntl keep cutting my connection completely.:Yikes:

Marty261
07-02-2006, 18:50
Well ive had the same probs and managed to speak to a CS who talked me through loads of stuff which...... never worked, I was then asked to reboot I did this and...............never worked. I also saw the messages you saw, wasted.d.

I was then told "it could be a third party" so I thought hmm lets do some scans, virus checks port checks etc etc, and guess what.......still dont work. I hope the techs are on overtime.

Image_UK
07-02-2006, 18:53
Hi guys. I'm also in Belfast. Web seems to be working OK, but the mail server seems to be down, along with the newsgroups.

wasted.d
07-02-2006, 19:00
it would seem they woke up there 1 engineer an hes managed to get it working again, for how long is anyones guess tho.
Ill only be payin £30 this month tho, as from now on every time im without service for a day i will deduct £5 from there payment to cover it, i will no longer pay ntl for no service only for what they provide. see how the like them cookies.;)

If i was u guys id do what it is ya wanted to do now an do it fast as itll probably go off again lol.:p:

Nero182
07-02-2006, 19:05
I am back online to I hope it is for good. This is reli the only problem I have with NTL BB in 2-3 Years. Expect from Powercut cause ppl digging up near the shops.

But even then some NTL guy came out and had a Genarator powered the Broadband service till the it was fixed :shocked: He must have been sitting their for a good few hours.

Tipsy
07-02-2006, 19:14
I'm back up online altho not everything can get into hotmail but can't get to sign in my ebay

Scotty NI
07-02-2006, 20:00
Belfast here, cant say ive had any problems and ive been using from 4.30 today.

Gavin001
07-02-2006, 20:03
Everything is back up and workin for me again :D

Fingy
07-02-2006, 20:11
only been online from around 7 but everything is fine here... Finaghy

Maxisaitech2
08-02-2006, 19:00
Still got problems here, in belfast

Its like theyve closed certain ports off on this new range of theirs.

Hope they fix it soon its been two days now!

Fingy
08-02-2006, 20:12
whereabouts in belfast are you? north?

Maxisaitech2
08-02-2006, 20:18
East, BT6, still got limited connectivity, higher ports cant be used yet, like aol bf2 torrents n other programs using high end ports

Mayne
08-02-2006, 20:20
I live in Dundonald and have been experiencing problems since yesterday. Can't log in to some online games such as WoW, and a few websites won't load anymore. I am on the 1mb service...

Maxisaitech2
08-02-2006, 20:37
Yea i cant get onto battlefield 2, use ports 9000 7011 6881 and watever aolim uses 5190 i think.
WIsh theyd hurry up n sort it out, ive had ppl on other isps check these connections and they all work jus dont work for me right now.
It cant take this long to sort out

** I have just finished talking with a technician and they agreed they have a problem with their new range, so chances are everyone of us experiencing problems are on the 82.7.*.* range

emonk
09-02-2006, 14:06
I'm on the 82.7 range as well. Nothing outside of the proxied (port 80) services is working or has been for the past three days.

I've rang customer support once per day - get taken through the usual steps - am told that they are aware of the fault and that is has been escalated. What a complete waste of time.

All I want to know is when this is being fixed but they can't tell me. If this is part of a switch to a new IP address block - SWITCH US BACK !!

Three days to fix this fault which must be impacting loads of users :-(

I've used NTL for a long time and this has been my first major problem but the length of time to fix what appears to be a simple problem has been frustrating and very dissapointing.....

Maxisaitech2
09-02-2006, 18:24
Mine was fixed earlier today, everything has full connectivity again

BelfastKid
13-02-2006, 17:31
North Belfast is very slow at the moment!

Albie
13-02-2006, 21:49
Slow here too.

I phoned up earlier to get my broadband switched off. I've had nothing but disconnections and slow speeds for the last four months.

With typical NTL incompetance they told me I can't switch it off because my contract still has nine months left on it when in fact I got it installed in Jan 2005. I have to wait until they sort out my account.

I'll be glad to see the back of NTL.