PDA

View Full Version : No dial tone

Comfortably Num
06-02-2006, 16:19
Posting on here because I don't want a massive mobile bill trying to get through to CS. Does anyone know if there are problems with the Colchester phone exchange as phone has been intermitent for last month. Can I contact CS by email ?

TIA

Chris W
06-02-2006, 16:23
you can contact them by email- but i wouldn't expect a speedy response.

If you don't want to pay for the call, take a trip to your local phone box... 0800 052 2000 option 3, then option 4.

Just tried calling them and there was a 20 second wait to get through.

Comfortably Num
06-02-2006, 16:45
I have no idea where the nearest payphone is around here - pretty certain there are none. Besides I don't fell like staning in the cold on hold for 30 minutes. Can some one post support email , even if it doesn't get responded too imediatly it's better than nothing and I won't be available to let an enginner visit till Saturday anyway.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Just tried calling them and there was a 20 second wait to get through.

20 seconds?? it takes longer that to get through menu's and then you get told there is a high number of calls etc etc

Chris W
06-02-2006, 16:46
20 seconds?? it takes longer that to get through menu's and then you get told there is a high number of calls etc etc

That was after getting through the menus and listening to the message telling me to try a different phone, and there was no message about the high number of calls ;) total call time probably about 50 seconds.

SLM
06-02-2006, 17:14
That was after getting through the menus and listening to the message telling me to try a different phone, and there was no message about the high number of calls ;) total call time probably about 50 seconds.

Oh come on Chris that is a disgusting time to wait, people have not got time to waste to get there phone repair.......:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Comfortably Num
06-02-2006, 17:55
so you phoned up CS for no reason other than to see how long it would take? No wonder I got a message saying it could take up to 10 minutes to answer my call if people are phoning them for no reason :D

Chris W
06-02-2006, 18:01
so you phoned up CS for no reason other than to see how long it would take? No wonder I got a message saying it could take up to 10 minutes to answer my call if people are phoning them for no reason :D

yup, but i did hang up as soon as they answered... at least one person in faults is going to have a good AHT today :)

bopdude
06-02-2006, 18:02

Yeah, a bit like coming on here to help ... you know, for no reason :rolleyes: geez, get yourself to the phone box, you know you wanna ;) and you could have made the call in the time it takes to post and get sarcastic answers like this one :D