PDA

View Full Version : Loss of phone line

FISHX
06-02-2006, 09:14
Rob C:

You will be getting a PM from me shortly about a bodged install/runaround from CS.

This is on behalf of my son & his fiance, who would have no service if I didn't work for NTL & managed to get them up & running by shouting at the right people!

Seems as though you work for ntl could you give me some advice please.
I have had a continuouse problem with my phone line at least three times a day it goes dead for up to 6 hours any idea what i can do about it?
I have tried ntl complaints procedure even threatend to leave all their equipment in the garden for pick up i have not remewed my contract with them yet they say if i discontinue services i am liable for a full 12 month of bills.

Please any advice would be appreciated.

Chris W
06-02-2006, 09:37
:welcome: Fishx.

I have moved this post to a thread of it's own, hopefully that way it will get seen by members more easily.

I presume you have had engineer visits from ntl, tried different phones, eliminated extension sockets etc etc?

How long have you been with ntl at the moment?

Cable Forum have some links high up within ntl, so if you have exhasted ntl's customer service, then PM me some details - account number/ contact number/ description of problem, and i'll pass them onto ntl.

Nedkelly
06-02-2006, 19:50
;) Hello sorry to here about your problems .Could you give some more info .Have you had any engineers round .Can you hear a crackle on the line or can you hear another person on the line .How long has the line been installed:tu:

PS1
06-02-2006, 20:35
My initial thought would be with your actual telephone.The way you are able to measure the problem(at least 3 times a day for up to six hours)?????makes it sound strange.
If i was to take a "complete guess" at your problem Id go with:
youve got a digital cordless phone and theres a problem with its battery holding charge! VOILA.
However,im not psychic and may be totally wrong.That would just be "MY" first thing to look at.
Im sure though if you provide a bit more info on the problem(as suggested by Chris w and nedkelly),then im sure some one ,if not myself could come up with a sollution.:confused:

FISHX
07-02-2006, 08:14
Hi huys the problem is defo with the line there has been no techs round as when i phone ntl they say it can be sorted out at the exchange and within a couple of hours it usually is but this time the phone has been of for 2 full days.
I have tried the phone in different connections and it then works fine but put it back in my connection and the line is dead.

When it is working it is always a very crackly connection and then nothing at all not even a dialing tone.

The line has been installed in this house for 4 month but we have been with ntl for nearly 2years now and i am getting to the end of my very last nerve lol one of the reasons i went to ntl as a provider is because they are supposed to be reliable.
Thanks for the responses guys.

Nedkelly
08-02-2006, 21:06
Hi time to get a engineer out as you have a noisey line :tu: Once this is sorted then we can see if there is any more problems with the line :tu: