PDA

View Full Version : I must stop putting off my work projects

cookie_365
05-02-2006, 22:47
Having a majorly stressful day because, yet again, I left a big project to the last minute. :dunce:

This is the last time I procrastinate over this sort of thing, honest. ;)

I've downloaded a couple of e-books on time management/beating procrastination but - and you know what's coming - I haven't got round to reading them :erm::o:

Can't be the only one here like that, can I?

danielf
05-02-2006, 22:52
Having a majorly stressful day because, yet again, I left a big project to the last minute. :dunce:

I've downloaded a couple of e-books on time management/beating procrastination but - and you know what's coming - I haven't got round to reading them :erm::o:

I'd love to respond, but unfortunately, I don't have the time. I have this report that needs to be in tomorrow morning :disturbd:

MovedGoalPosts
05-02-2006, 23:32
hmm, one wonders why there is this incentive to post on here instead of getting on with it. :erm:

Meanwhile the stuff I should have done this weekend - edit a couple of reports, dicates a couple more reports, draft a presentation or two, do some exam answers, wite a few web pages, edti a database, wash the car, tidy the house, ........

Macca371
05-02-2006, 23:38
I reply to this as I am writing my Physics coursework which is a week late and has been left until 8pm tonight. D'oh!

So yeah I experience this a lot. It mostly happens in the subjects which I like the least. Do you enjoy your job, or is it always a chore and a push to get yourself to do things?

littld
05-02-2006, 23:42
Glad I'm not alone. Don't feel bad about leaving things to the last minute - it's just a different way of working. We're all different, and we all tackle challenges differently. Don't fall into the trap of thnking you should be more organized like other people who plod on. People like that are often dull.

greencreeper
06-02-2006, 06:19
Some people need pressure (stress) in order to function. They're at their best in a crisis or when a deadline looms, and subconsciously engineer their environment to create such external motivating forces. I know I do it.

AndrewJ
06-02-2006, 06:24
I reply to this remembering that a bed is to be slept in...and that it is 6:30am :erm:

driver_problems
06-02-2006, 11:02

A good idea if you can't face the 'whole thing' is to make a list and do, say, a little every day - even if its just half and hour or an hour

cookie_365
06-02-2006, 19:30
It mostly happens in the subjects which I like the least. Do you enjoy your job, or is it always a chore and a push to get yourself to do things?
Nope, I love my job :erm:

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Don't fall into the trap of thnking you should be more organized like other people who plod on. People like that are often dull.
I like that thinking - gives me a good excuse to carry on as I am ;)

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Some people need pressure (stress) in order to function. They're at their best in a crisis or when a deadline looms, and subconsciously engineer their environment to create such external motivating forces. I know I do it.
Yes, that does sound like me - and I find that a lot of the time even if I go beyond missing the deadline and simply don't do the project, the world doesn't seem to cave in. ;)

I just wish I could do it in a less stressful way :)

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

A good idea if you can't face the 'whole thing' is to make a list and do, say, a little every day - even if its just half and hour or an hour
I know that works for a lot of people; not me though - I just come up with an excuse for not doing what's on the list, or get bored after 10 minutes ....

Thanks for all the replies people - and it turns out everyone else working on related projects was in exactly the same boat this morning - good to know you're as bad as your colleagues :D

Orior
06-02-2006, 20:02
Even better, is to make a list of jobs, then give it to someone else to do.

cookie_365
06-02-2006, 20:14

Now there's a solution that'll work for me :)

Are you volunteering then ?? ;)

driver_problems
06-02-2006, 21:00

classic :)