US.M@JORHAZZARD
04-02-2006, 14:57
Anyone ....????

Neil
04-02-2006, 15:08
No.

Paul K
04-02-2006, 15:14
Not yet, no doubt it will be announced here as soon as anyone finds out though.

sicknote
04-02-2006, 18:15
sheesh what is it with you people:) harrassing ntl for a d/l monitor so they can see how much you get? dont seeem a wise thing to be doing at this moment and they prob wont do one as yet because they have not got the time while these 10mg crap lines dont work properly haha:) but hey go ahead cut of yer nose to spite yer face:)

icanadvise
04-02-2006, 19:38
HAS NTL RELEASED A D/L MONITOR tool
technically 'yes' because its being tested on their 'unofficial' forum for quite a wihle now ;) :erm: :disturbd:

US.M@JORHAZZARD
06-02-2006, 10:52
sheesh what is it with you people:) harrassing ntl for a d/l monitor so they can see how much you get? dont seeem a wise thing to be doing at this moment and they prob wont do one as yet because they have not got the time while these 10mg crap lines dont work properly haha:) but hey go ahead cut of yer nose to spite yer face:)

Dude i am more than happy with NTL's service, and as im not a download whore like alot of you seem to be i don't mind that the D/L speeds fluctuate in fact my D/L speeds never drop below 3 meg and as im now paying less for the service i'm happy, i was just curious.

All i do is play online games like BF2 and Americas Army all day i wouldn't care if they dropped my D/L speed i only wish they could sort out the high pings i get on all euro and UK servers, but then i really don't think it's ntl's fault as much as i would like to say it is, i just put it down to network conjestion.

sicknote
06-02-2006, 22:28
Dude i am more than happy with NTL's service, and as im not a download whore like alot of you seem to be i don't mind that the D/L speeds fluctuate in fact my D/L speeds never drop below 3 meg and as im now paying less for the service i'm happy, i was just curious.

All i do is play online games like BF2 and Americas Army all day

well friend we aint happy with the crap speed gettin slower and slower and slower:) and we aint all got all day to sit on our asses all day playin games cause we work:) but thanks for your input that was about as useless as this is :P

damm im tired look at the grammar hah

Cerberus
06-02-2006, 23:51
Why wait for NTL to release one? You can do a google search and finds loads of freeware tools that will monitor how much you download per month.:tu:

There are plenty out there but I am being too lazy to point you in the right direction.;)

Carth
07-02-2006, 10:59
hey Sicknote, lots of us work, and then relax/chill by playing online games :)

so tell me, if you're not a gamer ... what are you doing that requires your super high download/upload speeds to be maximum all the time ? :D

.... waits for the Linux Distro stuff

otguk
07-02-2006, 11:46
Dont no if you wanted one programmed by NTL or will this do the job for you.

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

working hand in hand with this

http://www.allworldsoft.com/software/8-465-du-super-controler.htm

Scope
07-02-2006, 13:04
Does any of the tools work if you've got a router? Netmeter will only record whats going in and out of the network card unless Im mistaken, and with the pc connected to a LAN thats not much use when it comes to find out how much of your BB you are using.

ps: the router does not support whatever protocol exists for this purpose (cant remember what its called).

I think the only option NTL has got is to set up a webpage where you can log in and check your usage. It shouldnt be hard to let users access this if we've already got the info.

Chrysalis
08-02-2006, 01:58
well the problem with the free ones are most are only free for 30 days, the only one I know that is permenantly free is bitmeter.

Their is also things like network overheads and other minor traffic that you wont get logged at your pc, you can expect to add around 10-20% to whatever you measure to be nearer to what ntl calculate their end.