PDA

View Full Version : Why have you got THAT mobile phone?

ScaredWebWarrior
03-02-2006, 15:57
NB in the poll, select one or more of the features and ONLY ONE manufacturer.

My first one was a Phillips C12 - great big clunky thing that was nothing more than a phone - and not a very good one. Had it for a few years.

Then I got the chance to 'upgrade', so I picked the Nokia 3310 - nice, solid phone, with no unneccessary features. Had this for several years, but finally decided I wanted something new - I was changing from PAYG to contract anyway, so a nice new phone was on the cards.

First I considered a Motorola ROKR - but since the music player function is not that important to me, I looked at the rest of it and decided that maybe it wasn't for me. Nor was the Motorola L7, after I read some reviews. The same fate befell a Nokia that was being offered with Bluetooth GPS - which I would have liked, but again that phone fell down in the reviews.

So, after a bit of looking around I finally went for a Sony Ericsson K750i - it is a nice phone, that works well and is easy to use and good sound. The latter will probably also benefit the music player and built in radio, but I haven't tried those yet. But the 2Mp camera is not an afterthought as with so many phones. It has a sliding cover to protect the lens. Once you open it, the whole device becomes a camera. It even has the shutter button in the right place, zoom and autofocus. The supplied Memory Stick Duo is only 64Mb, so a larger one is on order, but as a base package it's not bad.

With so many to choose from, it is difficult to find the phone with the right features - particularly as some manufacturers are turning out bad product too. (Even the ones I would previously have thought of more highly!)

Chris
03-02-2006, 16:01
I have always been with Orange, and my first two phones were from the days they insisted on renaming them from the manufacturer's designation. So I had a 'Nokia Orange' followed by a Nokia 'nk702'.

I had a Nokia with a slide-down cover next but I can't remember the name of it. Now I have a Siemens S55 and I want my Nokia back, but it's a work-supplied phone so I'm stuck.

Halcyon
03-02-2006, 16:10
I have a Sagem MYX-2.
It's not got a camera, it doesnt play mp3's, and it's not the latest model, but it let's me phone, has built in speaker phone so I dont have to put it to my ear, and does the main things I need it to do....phone and text.

For my music, I have my Ipod. For photography I have my Nikon Digital Camera. I just needed a phone that is a tool to phone and communicate by text, I didnt need any other features so for £25, it suits me fine.

Edit: I'm on Virgin mobile Pay As you Go.

Shaun
03-02-2006, 16:14
I've got the K700i from Orange (now on easy mobile ) and I'm in the the middle of a row with Orange to get it fixed (well I want a refund now after my experience
with the store manager when I tried to get it fixed, but that's another story).

Don't think I;d buy another Sony as this phone has broken in just 8 months. :(

Am looking at either the Samsung E720 or D500 as a replacement only because I need a triband phone that'll work on Easymobile. :(

zing_deleted
03-02-2006, 16:20
you missed off making calls on your list of uses

samsung d500 making calls and text messages and 1.3 meg camera

ScaredWebWarrior
03-02-2006, 16:23
you missed off making calls on your list of usesNope the poll asks for "Most important feature other than phone", since calls/texts are a rather funamental feature of ALL mobile phones!

zing_deleted
03-02-2006, 16:26
I apoligise

Actually I dont because it doesnt "Most important feature other than phone/manufacturer"
I think that some people will own a fone just to make calls so it would be a valid choice for those only wanting to make calls and send texts.Your poll excludes such people :)

Nugget
03-02-2006, 16:29
I wanted a phone with a camera purely because there are sometimes occasions that you want a picture of something, but you don't have a camera with you.

I got the Motorola V220, and upgraded to the V3 a couple of months ago (got a very good deal from Virgin!).

Phone cameras are ace - how else would I have proof that there's a shop in Bridlington called 'Fudgetastic' :disturbd: :D

zing_deleted
03-02-2006, 16:31
I wanted a phone with a camera purely because there are sometimes occasions that you want a picture of something, but you don't have a camera with you.

I got the Motorola V220, and upgraded to the V3 a couple of months ago (got a very good deal from Virgin!).

Phone cameras are ace - how else would I have proof that there's a shop in Bridlington called 'Fudgetastic' :disturbd: :D

Would have been funnier if it was in Brighton ;)

Nugget
03-02-2006, 16:32

Dunno - there's not that much to do in Bridlington ;) :disturbd:

danielf
03-02-2006, 16:36
I apoligise

Actually I dont because it doesnt "Most important feature other than phone/manufacturer"
I think that some people will own a fone just to make calls so it would be a valid choice for those only wanting to make calls and send texts.Your poll excludes such people :)

Exactly, my most important feature other than phone is: none. My nokia 3310 does all I require from a phone (except, perhaps work in the US)

Enuff
03-02-2006, 16:49
The 2 phones I narrowed it down to were the the sony ericsson the k750 and the w800i.. both phones look good, I think the black k750
looks sexy, but in the end went for the w800i purely for the extra memory, 512mb included as to 64mb with the k750. oh and the added bonus with both these phones are you can use any standard 3.5 jack headphones through the adaptor thats included. and you can use the memory stick pro with your PSP.

I've had the w800i for around 4 month now and have took a few pictures indoor and outdoor which are available to look at on my site. not bad images for a phone.

ian@huth
03-02-2006, 17:17
Why did I get that phone?

My Nokia 3650 was a prize in Nokiagame.

bb31
03-02-2006, 18:36
Why did i get my phone - Nokia 6230

Cos my friend had one and i wanted it!! Seemed to have everything i required, alas, the camera let me down. Roll on june when the contract is up.

cookie_365
03-02-2006, 20:49

Any franchising possibilities ?? ;)

spiderplant
03-02-2006, 21:36
I use the clock more than anything else.

Paul
03-02-2006, 21:38
I've had to tick 'other' since all I want my phone to do is make/receive calls.

Maggy
03-02-2006, 21:41
Because it was the cheapest PAYG in Currys when I bought it.I only use it as a mobile phone.Vodaphone Sagem C5-2.

Angua
03-02-2006, 22:00
Just got a plain simple Nokia 3510 does what I need it to. :D

Pia
03-02-2006, 23:49
I've got a Nokia 7610 (http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,54665,00.html), i like it for the mp3 player, the nice big colour screen, the 1 meg camera, and the WAP access.

I like the layout of the buttons too, good for texting:D

Angua
03-02-2006, 23:51
BTW there are two options for "other" :scratch:

Pia
03-02-2006, 23:53
BTW there are two options for "other" :scratch:

LOL, i think he meant 'other' reason for having phone, and 'other' brand of phone. :D

danielf
04-02-2006, 00:05
Why did i get my phone - Nokia 6230

Cos my friend had one and i wanted it!! Seemed to have everything i required, alas, the camera let me down. Roll on june when the contract is up.

yeah yeah, we heard you first time :)

To come back to my earlier post:

The battery on my phone is knackered, so I'm gonna splash out on one of them new fandangled ones. I'm currently looking at a Nokia 3120. I hear it hasn't got much more than the old one, apart from: colour screen, works in the US, increased battery life. Apparently, it's got a currency converter as well. Great :rolleyes: :D

Daylight robbery @ £40 PAYG if you ask me :p:

Angua
04-02-2006, 00:30
LOL, i think he meant 'other' reason for having phone, and 'other' brand of phone. :D

I think they over egged the poll :scratch:

Stuart
04-02-2006, 00:52
I got a P910i. Purely because it is a damn good phone, a damn good PDA, and you can install software on it. Good if you want to expand the capabilities. That, and it uses memory stick duo pros.

SMHarman
04-02-2006, 15:23
The poll is a bit confusing IMHO

It asks "Most important feature other than phone/manufacturer " and then lists all the manufacturers.

Then it has a section of connectivity which is more technical connectivity (Bluetooth / GPRS / IR) when I think of connectivity on a phone of what it can connect to, Microsoft Outlook, Notes, Internet.

I've got a SEK750i.
Why -
Great battery life
Great UK
Great Screen
Tri Band (though I now find I could do with quad band).
It connects by USB to my computer and syncs with Microsoft Outlook easily.
When connected to my PC it is also a removable HDD so I can move data about with it
It has Bluetooth headset capability.
Bluetooth also means I can get the data off the work PC by the wired USB cable which also charges it and onto the laptop without having to bring the cable home.

I didn't buy it for the camera, but the 2MP camera is fab and great to have when you were not expecting to be taking pictures, say going for a walk to the park and finding a funfare has pitched up, or while on some of the rides at Disney - I certainly would not have taken my Cannon on them.

It has a MP3 player and Radio, but I have never used either, partly because I have an iPod and partly because I would need to use the SE headphones, not my wonderful Senhiezers.

Mick
04-02-2006, 15:51
The poll is a bit confusing IMHO

It asks "Most important feature other than phone/manufacturer " and then lists all the manufacturers.

I was thinking same thing.

Samsung D500 here. :)

ScaredWebWarrior
06-02-2006, 10:07
LOL, i think he meant 'other' reason for having phone, and 'other' brand of phone. :DIndeed - I was trying to do 2 polls in one.

Russ
06-02-2006, 10:11
I have a Nokia 6680 - it's got everything I could possibly need in a phone. I'd never ever touch a Sony Ericsson phone again. Why? Well, it's a Sony Ericsson.

liamboyle06
06-02-2006, 10:16
I have had a T610i for nearly 2 years now on Virgin PAYG.
built rock solid and ha useful features that I never use any way.
I bought it soley for the Bluetooth as I dont need a camera, mp3 player, or organiser all in 1 device
to me a phone should be used only as a phone.

Chris W
06-02-2006, 10:25
I have a Nokia 6600 because it has TomTom mobile installed on it.

I have however now managed to install TomTom Navigator on my MDA Vario (other phone) so the 6600 will be popped back onto ebay soon me thinks.

I got the vario because i got a cheap contgract on web and walk with t mobile, It's a v v good pda (windows mobile 5- only complaint is that there is no activeSync software for mac, but hey this is microsoft!) has bluetooth, and wifi access which is handy when i get frustrated with the speed of GPRS.

Its the sexiest PDA i could find- has a decent keyboard without becoming huge, and a big screen. Only a 1.3mp camera but you can't have everything! :p

punky
06-02-2006, 10:40
I have a V3 RZR because its so thin and small. You never feel like you are carrying it.

Pia
06-02-2006, 11:42
I have a V3 RZR because its so thin and small. You never feel like you are carrying it.

Which is why i love my chunky Nokia, i'd probably lose one like yours:erm::D

handyman
06-02-2006, 12:04
After dropping down in spec from a o2 xda to the k750i I'm going to go back up and will get one of these (http://www.mobileshop.com/mobile-phones/o2/contract-mobile-phones/xda-exec.php) or these (http://www.seeo2.com/product/XdaIImini/template/XdaIIminiLEinfo.vm) :) Due end of April when contract up....

Chris W
06-02-2006, 13:20
the XDA exec (aka MDA pro on tmobile) is massive.... i went for the vario instead, which i thought was available from o2 as well, but i can't find it on their website.

similar to the XDA II mini but has a slide out qwerty keyboard and wifi :)

DocDutch
06-02-2006, 13:39
got a SE K750i and it has never failed me in any kind of way, its good for making pics, sound quality is excellent and its not too chunky. have had my fair due's from Nokia I prefer to use them with a baseball bat and see how far they go as I soo hate them.

MikeyB
06-02-2006, 13:49
Currently got Samsung E800 which I've had for a couple of months.
Was my girlfriends old phone till she upgraded then I pinched it to replace my rather warn out T610.

It's not fancy, and does the two things I need it for, make phone calls & texts.

handyman
06-02-2006, 13:53
the XDA exec (aka MDA pro on tmobile) is massive.... i went for the vario instead, which i thought was available from o2 as well, but i can't find it on their website.

Yeah thats that one I should have linked to. Cannot decide between the 2.

Edit This one? (http://www.my-xda.com/xdaminis.html)

Chris W
06-02-2006, 14:34
Yeah thats that one I should have linked to. Cannot decide between the 2.

Edit This one? (http://www.ergonomicofficechairs.com/images/Sport_banner_3.jpg)

:rofl: check the link you have just pasted... that would be quite nice, however not very useful for making calls or organising myself methinks ;)

Aragorn
06-02-2006, 14:47
I have an HP PDA/Smartphone supplied by work (on VF) - not very small, but saves having phone & PDA and has GPS built-in.
Bought the wife an LG 2400 on Tesco PAYG cause it was light, small, loud and a reasonable deal.

handyman
06-02-2006, 14:48
:rofl: check the link you have just pasted... that would be quite nice, however not very useful for making calls or organising myself methinks ;)

Link edited :erm:

Whoops

LSainsbury
06-02-2006, 15:20
I selected other and other:

Most important feature other than phone/manufacturer?

Did you forget about the ability to make calls and send txts?

I'd go for a Windows Mobile (Smartphone) anytime!

Nokia and Sony Erricson have Symbian OS which is inferior (IMHO) to Windows.

ScaredWebWarrior
06-02-2006, 15:43
IDid you forget about the ability to make calls and send txts?Those were 'givens' for a mobile phone. :)

Nokia and Sony Erricson have Symbian OS which is inferior (IMHO) to Windows.On what basis?

I believe that Symbian has been around longer, and any Microsoft OS has to be viewed with some suspicion. Microsoft Mobile is Windows cut down to be able to be used on small scale devices. Symbian started in the restricted environment of the embedded device and has grown to match the needs of the devices. I know which path I think will produce the better product.

Russ
06-02-2006, 15:45
Nokia and Sony Erricson have Symbian OS which is inferior (IMHO) to Windows.

'Smart' phones have symbian, most of the rest of them don't.

Chris W
06-02-2006, 16:05
Those were 'givens' for a mobile phone. :)

On what basis?

I believe that Symbian has been around longer, and any Microsoft OS has to be viewed with some suspicion. Microsoft Mobile is Windows cut down to be able to be used on small scale devices. Symbian started in the restricted environment of the embedded device and has grown to match the needs of the devices. I know which path I think will produce the better product.

Having windows installed on a mobile is fun....

I've just installed a registry editor on mine....

/ goes to check if screwing up the os is covered under warranty

ScaredWebWarrior
06-02-2006, 16:12
Having windows installed on a mobile is fun....So is having all your teeth pulled, if you like that sort of thing.
I've just installed a registry editor on mine....Choosing your mobile based on which OS has more options to tweak (aka screw up) the configuration?

TheBlueRaja
06-02-2006, 16:13
Ive owned as follows upto this Date:-

SonyEricsson T68i
SonyEricsson T630
Motorola SLVR L7

All becuase they are small, dumped the SonyEricsson ones recently as they stopped giving you access to the phone and files on them. With the Moto Phone i can do what the heck i like with it.

Camera's, Mp3 etc - Gimmicks.

ScaredWebWarrior
06-02-2006, 16:19
...they stopped giving you access to the phone and files on them.What do you mean. They stopped working? Or did you mean they were hackable before?

TheBlueRaja
06-02-2006, 16:33
What do you mean. They stopped working? Or did you mean they were hackable before?

They started locking files like mp3's and Java games so you couldnt move them off the phone (even via bluetooth etc), basically anything you pay for is stuck in the phone. Also they stop you from updating the phone firmware so i go stuck with a Damn T-Mobile advert every time i used the phone.

With the Motorola ones i can access the phone and put or remove anything i like on it.

Much better - its not going to appeal to everyone - sure as hell does to me though, give me that over a camera any day.

Jarandco
06-02-2006, 16:58
Ive got the Samsung D500, great little phone, very easy to use!

I also like the slide factor phones now, keeps all your keys safe from being accidently pressed which is very useful!

ogwalla
26-02-2006, 23:24
I'm rocking a RAZR. Love the smallness, but ever since my iPod broke down I've missed having music with me.
I just entered to win that N90 from seenew.com (nokia's photography contest, had to use the wife's phone to enter)
Only a few days left, crossing my fingers to win.

Stuart
26-02-2006, 23:43
TBH, when my contract is up (in June), I'll probably go for a P990. I am sticking with Sony Ericsson and Symbian as, TBH, I tried Windows Mobile and, frankly, thought that it had a terrible UI.

The UIQ one isn't brilliant, but it works a lot better on small screens than any cut down version of Windows I have seen.

I am sticking with Sony as I like their phones.

The only thing I don't like is the slow transfer over their data cables (they use USB, but use it as another com port, with all the speed limits that implies) and flaky transfer software.

Still, I remember reading that Sony have licenced ActiveSync for the P990.

handyman
16-04-2006, 21:18

got one last week (the mini) very impressed. Just need to get to work customising it :)

Druchii
16-04-2006, 22:17
Nokia 3220, originally bought on Virgin Mobile.
Bought i as at the time it was a very good deal, did everything i wanted too (without Bluetooth though, the nearest phone at the time was £40 more)

-Cameras Good, although slow, picks up colours Really well compared to some other phones.
-Can be attached to PC to sync, etc. Move files, messages, everything really. (slow transfer as it uses a Vitual Com port over USB)
-Very customisable using various tools (like creating your own themes)
-It looked sexy at the time.
-It has a small video recorder.
etc.
-Also the only phone i've unlocked and been able to switch GPRS providers etc. with, VERY impressive. Now on o2 ;)

Lovely phone :) Although, i'm still in love with my 3310...(Still in use to this day :) )

me283
16-04-2006, 22:34
TBH, when my contract is up (in June), I'll probably go for a P990. I am sticking with Sony Ericsson and Symbian as, TBH, I tried Windows Mobile and, frankly, thought that it had a terrible UI.

The UIQ one isn't brilliant, but it works a lot better on small screens than any cut down version of Windows I have seen.

The only thing I don't like is the slow transfer over their data cables (they use USB, but use it as another com port, with all the speed limits that implies) and flaky transfer software.

I'm also getting a 990 when they come out. I've had the P800, P900 and now the P910i. Great phones, loads of features (some that I even use!) and reliable and sturdy. Only recently had a few problems with it though, where I can't open some picture messages. I've upgraded software and done all the other things they suggest. No idea why it happens, as it doesn't depend on network or even sender; it just stops downloading at anything between 45 and 100% and says the download has failed...

APart from that, brilliant phone!

Enuff
20-08-2006, 17:16
I've had the w800i on contract for a year, and was seriously thinking about upgrading to the new nokia n93, but I like the se p990 for all the features it has.

Do you think it's a little dated compared to some of the newer phones that are available already? 2mp cam, wireless 11.b not 11g sounds a bit like it should have been released last year. :shrug:

It's still at the top of my list though. :tu:

Stuart
20-08-2006, 18:10
Which phones have 11g?

When I went in Carphone warehouse about 3 weeks ago, the assistant said "What phone have you got?" I said a p910i. She said to wait for the p990 as that is the only phone currently available that has more features than the p910i.

keithwalton
20-08-2006, 18:22
you don't need 11g in a mobile phone! most home Internet connections are slower than 11mbit that 11b can provide. g is only quicker if you're actually near the accesses point and you'll need a fast phone to be able to see the difference in data speed. My n80 is limted by its processor as my axim x51v also uses 11b and is much faster at loading pages over the same connection (university wifi)

also the number of pixels on a phone camera is fairly pointless, optics are far more important. Its well known that the 2mp camera on the n70 is better than the 3mp cam on the n80.

My 5 years old 2mp compact camera takes far better pictures than my n80

Stuart
20-08-2006, 18:26
Well, TBH, the camera on the phone doesn't bother me. I have a Sony Cybershot 4MP camera that takes better photos than any camera phone. Even if I need better pictures than that, I have access to much better cameras at work (a range of Powershot G3s, G5s and D350s).

Druchii
20-08-2006, 18:36
My 3220 started playing funny beggars with me last night, asking me to insert the sim every 5 minutes... then asking me to enter the resitriction code... Eventually removed the battery for 15mins and started over... worked fine again since.

I've also got only another week of using my 3310 as this one's a company phone and i have no use for a 3rd mobile...

fireman328
20-08-2006, 18:51
Any franchising possibilities ?? ;)

Now you are fudging the issue !

Flobajob
20-08-2006, 19:10
I've got a K800I, best bits are the 3.2mp camera, mp3 ringtones, fast downloads (3G)

Enuff
20-08-2006, 19:52
The nokia n80, n91 and n93 are 11g compatable and all have 3mp and above cameras.

It just seems to me in some ways, SE have taken a step backwards with the P990. what seemed to be great specs last year don't seem to be that impressive today.

There's a short review on the comparisson between the p910 and the p990 here (http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=12563.0)

Summary compared to P910i
In summary, I would like to add that the much awaited and coveted P990i is for the most part a very worthy successor to the very popular P910i. Some points to note in comparison :

Pros
- WIFI Support to use hotspots on the go
- CST-75 Charger which allows syncing/headset while the phone is being rapidly charged
- Ability to turn off USB charging in control panel without going to hidden service menus (to save battery wear)
- Nice cradle which supports video calls on the desk whilst phone is synching and charging
- Opera Browser capable of tabbed browsing
- Business Card Scanner for instant scanning of contacts
- 3G Data capabilities for faster surfing on the go
- Much improved QWERTY keypad
- Very good video capture capabilities at 30fps
- Video calls with very low pixelation comparable to W900i and much improved to K800i
- Great photos comparable to K750i/W800i camera modules
- Very good BT 2.0 EDR Support (Includes AVCRP and A2DP profiles)
- Able to play slideshow of a folder with selected music as Screensaver (Great on the desk)

Cons
Major
- Poor GSM reception (At least for M1 and Starhub networks tested)
- Poor WIFI range (not able to detect as many WIFI APs as PPC devices)
- Battery life is quite dismal at less than 1 day with moderate use (compared to more than 1 day with P910i)
- No Chinese support at the moment (requires manual copying in of Chinese fonts for reading)
- Low availability of applications and made worse by the Symbian digital-signing requirements for all applications developed.
- WIFI unable to link to access points with SSID broadcasting turned off

Minor
- UIQ3 interface seems slower than the UIQ2 interface due to zooming and 3D translucent effects
- WIFI 802.11b instead of the more common 802.11g standard now. (due to delay in launching of device)
- Stylus is placed on the wrong side of the device
- 3-way jog dial which requires further thumb travel to move back any menus
- PC Suite unable to perform backup (could be due to device not being the final retail version or hardware problem with the review unit)
- Speakers are a little weak on the Bass
- No more numerical shortcuts in the Flip Closed mode to allow quick navigation to items like status, apps etc. (Requires much more scrolling)

Generally, the phone is relatively stable and bug free thus far in the short time I have taken to work through its paces. No doubt more information would be available after the phone is commercially launched. I think this phone will still be a success to SE. The switch to UIQ3 and the poor network reception are major source of concerns as a Smartphone like this should work extremely well as a phone and the UI should be very responsive with more applications available than normal mobile phones though not on par with Windows Mobile.

Like I said before, the p990i is still at the top of my list.

Enuff
27-08-2006, 13:03
Finally got my new phone! In the end I decided on the Vario 2 - with a t-mobile flext 35 for £30pm.

dilli-theclaw
27-08-2006, 13:08
3 just sent me a 6630 as a replacement for my dodgy razr v3x whixh had been rapaired 4 times.

It's ok I guess, but I expected more. Still when my proper contract is up for renewal in january i may well see about getting a more up todate nokia.

Stuart
06-09-2006, 00:26

Well, seeing as the delay for the P990 seems to be getting longer, and, TBH, shows no sign of ending (it's been coming in July/August/September on both the Sony online store and Carphone Warehouse, and "in 2-3 days" on expansys since July), I've gone for a T-mobile MDA Vario II.

Downloads
06-09-2006, 00:30
The nokia n80, n91 and n93 are 11g compatable and all have 3mp and above cameras.

It just seems to me in some ways, SE have taken a step backwards with the P990. what seemed to be great specs last year don't seem to be that impressive today.

There's a short review on the comparisson between the p910 and the p990 here (http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=12563.0)

Like I said before, the p990i is still at the top of my list.

The Register have just slated that phone. I was going to get it, but reading their review i'm pretty sure i will wait a few months for updates to be released first.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/09/04/sony_ericsson_p990i_review/

Xaccers
06-09-2006, 01:16
I love my V3x
Again a small big phone, beautiful screen.
Came with a 512MB card, so actually do use it as a MP3 player (something I've never really used, not even my Ipod which I mainly use as a handy 20GB USB drive)

Only foibles I have a the moment is that on my old V3's, when plugged into the power lead, the screen would stay on and bright, but the V3x won't do this, but will if it's unplugged.
Also, setting up a contact ring tone also seems to set the same ringtone as text message alert for that contact (cue me answering my phone saying i can't hear them, then realising it's a text message that's arrived)
Perhaps I just need to play around with the settings on that one...

greencreeper
06-09-2006, 01:24
I have a Nokia 3410 because I'm at ease with the size of my penis

handyman
06-09-2006, 01:42
Well, seeing as the delay for the P990 seems to be getting longer, and, TBH, shows no sign of ending (it's been coming in July/August/September on both the Sony online store and Carphone Warehouse, and "in 2-3 days" on expansys since July), I've gone for a T-mobile MDA Vario II.

Bugger, I've got a brand fire new xda II minis which is the same phone that I could have sold you.

Still using my k750i and don't want to ruin the xda, plus can't afford a flash card for it yet nor the blue tooth adaptor to use gps.

Druchii
06-09-2006, 10:50

:rolleyes: :D

Still with my 3220 and k750i :D

Nugget
06-09-2006, 10:51

It's just a shame that no-one else is really ;)

cookie_365
06-09-2006, 18:50

What, big and bulky, but grey and with a permanent flat battery? ;)

greencreeper
07-09-2006, 00:21
What, big and bulky, but grey and with a permanent flat battery? ;)
:D

It's not grey! It's a sort of pale blue. And the battery is fine :p:

danielf
07-09-2006, 00:27
:D

It's not grey! It's a sort of pale blue. And the battery is fine :p:

Sounds like blood poisoning to me. Either that, or varicose veins :erm:

greencreeper
07-09-2006, 00:29
Sounds like blood poisoning to me. Either that, or varicose veins :erm:
Chilly northern weather, possibly :D

dilli-theclaw
07-09-2006, 02:11
3 just sent me a 6630 as a replacement for my dodgy razr v3x whixh had been rapaired 4 times.

It's ok I guess, but I expected more. Still when my proper contract is up for renewal in january i may well see about getting a more up todate nokia...And I've found a killer app (for me anyway) my phone now reads everything to me including text messages and whatever menu pops up when i press a button.

An expensive bit of softwar but most useful.

http://www.nuance.com/talks/