PDA

View Full Version : central london map pdf

dilli-theclaw
15-11-2003, 18:13
I'm off to london monday and would like a good map to put on my ppc - just in case I get lost.

Can anyone please tell me a good place to download a good pdf file of london.

I'm going to the science museum to see the lord of the rings exhibition - then to see matrix 3 and finally to see meatloaf (wembly arena) in the evening so it would be nice if these (and the tube) were on the map.

Cheers in advance.

homealone
15-11-2003, 18:26
I'm off to london monday and would like a good map to put on my ppc - just in case I get lost.

Can anyone please tell me a good place to download a good pdf file of london.

I'm going to the science museum to see the lord of the rings exhibition - then to see matrix 3 and finally to see meatloaf (wembly arena) in the evening so it would be nice if these (and the tube) were on the map.

Cheers in advance.

this any good?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/pdfdocs/centlond.pdf

got that by a google on 'london map pdf' (without the quotes) - lots of other links available.

dilli-theclaw
15-11-2003, 19:46
this any good?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/pdfdocs/centlond.pdf

got that by a google on 'london map pdf' (without the quotes) - lots of other links available.

Brilliant thanks :)

Jerrek
15-11-2003, 19:57
How about letting some roads intersect other roads at 90 degrees? :D

Stuart
15-11-2003, 19:59
Eh?

homealone
15-11-2003, 20:05

'cos that way we don't get grid-lock, just higgletepigglety-lock:D

Jerrek
15-11-2003, 20:05
Eh? <-- Canadian word, so stop using it. :p

If you look at that map, the roads go in all directions all over the place... All our roads are either North-South or East-West. We say, take Winston Churcill Blvd south and then turn left on Dundas Road east, ...

I can just imagine giving directions in London.... Or not. Hehehe.

*sigh* I wish I could visit England. Err, scratch that. Great Britain. Before I get corrected again. :D

Stuart
15-11-2003, 20:09

I knew you'd pick up on that :p. Eh? :rofl:

Stuart
15-11-2003, 20:11
If you look at that map, the roads go in all directions all over the place... All our roads are either North-South or East-West. We say, take Winston Churcill Blvd south and then turn left on Dundas Road east, ...

Probably because London has never really been planned as such, it just sort of grew it's current size.

The US way is much easier, but would be too expensive to implement.

Theodoric
18-11-2003, 21:10

I can just imagine giving directions in London.... Or not. Hehehe.

*sigh* I wish I could visit England. Err, scratch that. Great Britain. Before I get corrected again. :D
All these north-south, east-west roads, no wonder Canadians have a reputation for being boring. :D

PS You can visit England rather than Great Britain, if you so wish.

Dave Stones
18-11-2003, 21:52
roundabouts are more fun than a boring interesection anyway. what fun is driving down a straight road for miles and miles eh? :p

zoombini
19-11-2003, 12:32
Those london streets were proberally there before Canada was even discovered. :D

Stuart
19-11-2003, 14:54
Those london streets were proberally there before Canada was even discovered. :D
True.

Apparently, back when America was celebrating it's 200th anniversary, my Boss was in America. An American came up proudly boasting their country was 200 years old. My Boss just said "So? The building I work in is 400 years old."

Dooby
20-11-2003, 16:23
True.

Apparently, back when America was celebrating it's 200th anniversary, my Boss was in America. An American came up proudly boasting their country was 200 years old. My Boss just said "So? The building I work in is 400 years old."
LOL

*edit* and of course the sad thing is, exactly how p*ss*d off would a 'native' american be if he was told the country he was in was ony 200 years old.... ( of course there is the distinction between nation/country and the physical land mass.... )