PDA

View Full Version : NTL blocked eBay!

Caspar
15-11-2003, 13:50
I'm selling some items on ebay :)

However, on completion I sent an invoice to the winning bid. As it happens the buyer is an NTL email user.

The official eBay email was blocked by NTL :confused: I've sent a blank text one I generated myself, but I'm not happy at all that my buyer gets the below email :(

Not too sure who to moan at NTL or eBay!

A message "email subject removed" sent on Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:39:32 PST, sent by my email addy removed to buyer email addy removed has been blocked by sm07 This e-mail message has not been delivered because it has been found to contain active script, which is excluded by the e-mail usage policy of NTL Please check the contents of the message and amend it before attempting to resend. If you need to contact NTL with regard to this message please contact Mailadmin@ntl.com within 3 days.

Paul K
15-11-2003, 13:53
active script?

Jonboy
15-11-2003, 21:03
so whats all this about then is there something we should know :D

threadbare
15-11-2003, 22:23
it sounds as though the email has been sent to an ntl corporate address hence mailadmin@ntl.com not ntlworld. its normal for corporate emails to be screened and bounced back for this sort of thing

Caspar
18-11-2003, 22:08
no it was a ntlworld addy...that my buyer was using...and NTL rejected the eBay generated email due to containing 'action script'... :(

Dooby
18-11-2003, 22:15
it could be that the buyer has an ntlworld email acount that forwards to the ntl.com one, and it is the ntl.com one that bounced it. action script is part of Flash I think...also the fact that it says 'against the email usage policy of ntl' sounds more like it is refering to corporate ntl policy, not isp ntl policy...iyswim

Dee V. Bee
21-11-2003, 19:51
no it was a ntlworld addy...that my buyer was using...and NTL rejected the eBay generated email due to containing 'action script'... :(
Not eBay or ntlworld to blame here. That message is a bounce on a corporate .com account.