PDA

View Full Version : A MASSIVE thank you.....

Mr Angry
31-01-2006, 22:55
To the forum member who approached me by pm and within 12 hrs had telephoned me directly to discuss the issues, arranged for an engineer to visit, diagnose and swap out my old Terayon modem for the new 250.

I've attached some "before and after" gifs below just for info.

Can I just say, for the record, that this individual has restored my faith in human nature and has more than compensated for the hours of to and fro "support" I received prior to their intervention.

You know who you are and I am very grateful for your help. I hope that karma visits you and that our paths cross again in order that I might repay, in some way, the dedication to customer service which you have shown.

Once again, many thanks.

Paul

PS. To other posters on the forae. I won't be advertising the identity of the individual involved so please don't post here guessing or pm looking for info. Rest assured that there are individuals browsing these forae who, if they can, will go the extra mile to help and for that we should all be thankful.

"before" gif 1: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=10485&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1138555521

"before" gif 2:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=10486&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1138558826

"After" gifs - below.

bopdude
31-01-2006, 22:58
Nuff said mate, a lot of people who are regulars know who these 'stars' are, and there are a few :tu: nice one guys and girls :)

danielf
31-01-2006, 23:01
Good to hear :tu: Time to change the description of your services in your profile I think :)

Mr Angry
31-01-2006, 23:06
Good to hear :tu: Time to change the description of your services in your profile I think :)

Dan, Good point, and duly actioned.

etccarmageddon
31-01-2006, 23:23
brilliant but a shame it took all this time to get this sorted when it was such a simple thing. instead you were fobbed off by tech support for ages I think?

just shows there are some good workers out there.

cnewton2k
31-01-2006, 23:26
nice 1

punky
31-01-2006, 23:47
Nuff said mate, a lot of people who are regulars know who these 'stars' are, and there are a few :tu: nice one guys and girls :)

Well said mate :tu:

Enuff
31-01-2006, 23:55
At last, I think "Mr. Angry" is "Mr Happy" for a change... now if someone could just help the rest of us poor souls who are having nightmares with the so called 10mb connection, that would be fantastic! Well done to the person who finaly sorted you out... thank you who ever you are.

Halcyon
01-02-2006, 00:34
Definately agree with you, there are some great people on here who will go that extra step to help you.
These people take time out to help even when they are not at work and I totaly applaud them for their dedication and helpfulness.

sicknote
01-02-2006, 00:45
its nice to see someone go out of there way to sort things out BUT it really is not down to them its ntl who should be doing this for EVERYONE,they provide the damm service not one individual and its there cockup

Ignition
01-02-2006, 01:02
its nice to see someone go out of there way to sort things out BUT it really is not down to them its ntl who should be doing this for EVERYONE,they provide the damm service not one individual and its there cockup

/signed.

Nice one whoever sorted this, shame on the company for being so tight these modems aren't expensive.

DavidC
01-02-2006, 02:38
Glad you got sorted out Mr Angry, NTL offer a good package when its all working the way it should be ..i think so anyway :D

John1
01-02-2006, 04:41
I like the way the results are laid out ....
what speed checker is that ?
i would like to check mine too ....

John :)

DocDutch
01-02-2006, 07:37
John you can get this 1 at http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/ or if correct its also called Irishspeedtest but cant find the site at the moment.

Mr angry glad your probs are all sorted now mate :)

Maggy
01-02-2006, 08:43
It is a pity that we don't know who this individual is.Though I understand their wish for anonimity.:tu:

IF I ever do find out, one of these is theirs.

Download Failed (1)

IanUK
01-02-2006, 09:27
Glad you got sorted, and full marks to the mystery individual :)

andybeary
01-02-2006, 11:22
I have had the same treatment as mr angry, i think when an issue is sorted on the forum you dont tend to re-post because you dont have any issues. So its good to acknowledge when something good has come out of posting on this forum, I had issues with my 10meg but after posting not long ago i received a PM and 2 days later i was up and running at full 10meg with a new 250 modem. I also now have a peronal contact at NTL if i ever have any further problems which i think is a huge help.

My only gripe is why i had to post on this forum and get someone to fix my problem why couldnt the NTL customer service do this the first instant instead of spending hours on the phone being fogged off.

Anyhow Thanks Cable Forum and its Members.!!!

Russ
01-02-2006, 13:38
I've just been chatting to the person who sorted you out and let's just say she is well-known for her total and utter helpfulness, she's even sorted out my billing problems in the past.

If anyone else gets offered help and when you speak to the person she turns out to have a Norn Ireland accent, just offer to buy her a Tigger soft toy as thanks and she'll be made up for the day ;)

etccarmageddon
01-02-2006, 13:50
...My only gripe is why i had to post on this forum and get someone to fix my problem why couldnt the NTL customer service do this the first instant instead of spending hours on the phone being fogged off.

Anyhow Thanks Cable Forum and its Members.!!!because they have exported technical support to a ropey Indian call centre which is about as effective as an ashtray on a motorbike and they have cretins in ivory towers who produce stupid 'in denial' press releases. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/234/ntl-issues-statement-on-10mb-speed-issues

Gareth
01-02-2006, 14:24
Sorry, couldn't resist this... :D

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

just for the record, my 10Mb has worked flawlessly from the day it was enabled :)

etccarmageddon
01-02-2006, 14:52
flippin' brilliant!

KevAmiga
01-02-2006, 17:14
Hahahah ;)

Thats cool!