PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts

peachey
14-11-2003, 23:09
has anybody ever seen a ghost?

dilli-theclaw
14-11-2003, 23:13

I don't believe in 'ghosts' as in spectres.

I believe that what people see (And I DO beleive people see 'things') are in fact temporal incursions.

Tricky
15-11-2003, 13:13

Only in the mirror after a heavy night on the beer!

Mal
15-11-2003, 13:38
Ghosts (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/ghosts.html)

MikeyB
15-11-2003, 14:46
This is my fave ghost site:
http://www.ghoststudy.com/
Just don't look at it just before going to bed, like I did the 1st time lol :P

Paul
15-11-2003, 14:56
has anybody ever seen a ghost?Nope, nor do I believe in them.

Tricky
15-11-2003, 15:15
Nope, nor do I believe in them.

do you not believe because you haven't seen one?

Paul
15-11-2003, 15:20
do you not believe because you haven't seen one?No, I don't believe in the principles that are needed for ghosts to exist. Obviously if I saw one [and it was proved that what I saw was a ghost] then I would have to change my opinion.

Stuart
15-11-2003, 15:41
Although I have, on several occasions seen or heard things that could be considered Ghosts, I still seek proof as to whether they exist or not.

Caspar
15-11-2003, 16:18
Ghosts are simply programs that are behaving outside of their programming and are being a nuisance/ being chased from deletion :D

p.s. I do see a ghost every time I look into a mirror! :) I know Tricky already said that but it's pretty true for me :p

peachey
15-11-2003, 16:19
Although I have, on several occasions seen or heard things that could be considered Ghosts, I still seek proof as to whether they exist or not.

check this out

it's by stanstead airport

http://www.borleyrectory.com/

Atomic22
15-11-2003, 19:40
when we were at work on nights a workmate saw a boy that wasnt there that could only have been a ghost.....he had to go for a lie down for a few hours to calm down

luftys
15-12-2003, 00:38
We have 2 at work,1 I call joe she is a lady,nice for a ghost,the other is a man he is not to nice
The first time I saw Joe I ran away,after I changed my clothes and cleaned the floor up :eek: I went back to talk to her,she is my type of lady does not say a word,but he is a pain knocking things over all the time

Resistance is Futile
What your eyes show you is only the surface of reality,look deeper

Stuart
15-12-2003, 01:06
I live near Croydon, which happens to contain what is apparently the most haunted building in the South East. The Nestle Tower (Nestle's UK headquarters) was a known place for comitting suicide. Basically because the building is about 15 storeys tall, and until about 20 years ago, had no railing around the roof. I have read that one ghost frequently screws up anything electronic, and people in the staff canteen frequently hear a thump as something "hits" the roof above them (the first few floors extend out from the front and back of the tower).

The only link I can find is to a site saying that the Blue Orchid nightclub which is on the ground floor of the tower is crap, Having been there, I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Colin
15-12-2003, 10:31
Has anyone noticed that babies often seem to stare over your shoulder at what seems like nothing and then burst into smiles or laughter.

I always like to think that they are seeing family members who have died.

Either that or they are just being simpleton like

kronas
15-12-2003, 10:36
I don't believe in 'ghosts' as in spectres.

I believe that what people see (And I DO beleive people see 'things') are in fact temporal incursions.

i also believe this to be the case the article below explains more in detail

Some studies have previously shown that variation in normal electromagnetic (EM) fields, when applied to certain parts of the brain like the temporal lobes, can result in experiences from the physical, like being touched, to the metaphysical, such as feeling close to God.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3046179.stm

Florence
15-12-2003, 11:22
I remember looking at wedding pictures iand one in the church showed an image like a cloudy floating figure passing behind the bride and groom when they was saying their vows. The picture might still be online I will ask if its alright to post a link from Armenger first. He was married in his family tartan so was wearing a kilt.
Whe I mentioned the figure he said he noticed it but most people said they couldn't so we decided they just didn't want to believe their own eyes.

Ramrod
15-12-2003, 13:50
I think I did. I was about 7 y.o. and woke up in the night to see a British soldier from the Boer war standing in my doorway (totally still). I dived under the covers :D and when I came back out he was gone. Don't think I dreamt it :shrug:

Dude111
18-07-2021, 07:28
This is my fave ghost site:
http://www.ghoststudy.com/
Just don't look at it just before going to bed, like I did the 1st time lol :PA very good site.....

Spirits are real (They like to be called SPIRITS not ghosts)

They are all around!!

If ya like this kinda stuff,feel free to check out the unexplained base on city-data :)

www.city-data.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=360

Chris
18-07-2021, 09:22
The realest spirits are the ones you’ve been drinking ;)

spiderplant
18-07-2021, 11:03
Well this thread is certainly back from the dead

Taf
18-07-2021, 15:08
The professor asked if any of his students had had sex with a ghost.

A hand went up.

"You are the first person I have ever met who has done that" he said "Where did you meet the ghost?"

"Ghost? " replied the student, "I thought you said goat...."

Dude111
21-07-2021, 06:12
Ah man!!