PDA

View Full Version : Innocent Smoothies

TheBlueRaja
30-01-2006, 13:15
God damn these are good - chomping on the Bananna and Pineapple one at the moment. Superb stuff!

Shame about the price though... Anybody know where i can get these cheap?

skyblueheroes
30-01-2006, 13:19
The missus buys them too - loves them.

I'd be interested if you can get them cheaper ! She's spending a fortune on them !

Seti
30-01-2006, 16:08
um yeah get a food processor and make ya own ?? Just have to buy fruit then. I no like bananas so i don't drink the innocents.

Sian

Gareth
30-01-2006, 16:29
It's one of the few times my son will willingly consume any fruit... I need to find a cheaper way of getting these too, cause he's costing me a fortune! My home-brew mushed up fruit in the blender doesn't do it for 8-year-olds unfortunately :(

ScaredWebWarrior
30-01-2006, 16:42
um yeah get a food processor and make ya own ?? Just have to buy fruit then. Takes quite a lot of fruit for a small volume of juice - some fruits are harder to juice than others. For example, whizzing strawberries in the processor will get you lots of chopped seeds, which don't taste good.

I gather a juice centrifuge is the gadget to have for this.
I no like bananas so i don't drink the innocents. Plenty of them have no banana in and are very nice indeed.

GreenBars
30-01-2006, 20:50
Try this:

Drain one can of peaches and place in your blender. Add four bananas, 300ml of pressed apple juice and 50ml of orange juice (to stop the banana turning brown). Blend until smooth then chill in the fridge. Just as good as an Innocent smoothie for less than half the price.

Gareth
30-01-2006, 21:00
Have you seen on QVC or one such channel, the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/02/19.jpg

This thing is advertised as being "Whisper Quiet"©... but then during the infomercial Jack and his wife power one of these things up to demonstrate it. I can only describe the noise it makes as something that you'd expect to hear in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre :Yikes: Quite how that's "whisper quiet" is beyond me :shrug:

Saaf_laandon_mo
30-01-2006, 21:11
asda have a half price offer on 1litre innocent smoothies at the mo

Shabba
02-02-2006, 17:36
Have you seen on QVC or one such channel, the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer?

http://www.tvwarehouseonline.co.uk/acatalog/Power-Juicer-Original.jpg

This thing is advertised as being "Whisper Quiet"©... but then during the infomercial Jack and his wife power one of these things up to demonstrate it. I can only describe the noise it makes as something that you'd expect to hear in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre :Yikes: Quite how that's "whisper quiet" is beyond me :shrug:

Bought my mum one of those for Crimbo and she's well impressed with the juicing capabilaties. If you watch the adds they reckon you can use what's left in the machine for soups and pasta sauces but having tasted a sauce made by it.. bolx ;)