PDA

View Full Version : ambit ntl250 modem operation config

mandrake
29-01-2006, 11:32
Reading some of the post regarding what your modem should be set at. can anyone tell me what speed I am actually on?, (should be10 MB).Tried TS not alot of help in that direction.
Cable Modem Operation Configuration
Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 512000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled .
Also just did a speed test, now i am really confused (and it doesnt take much these days to do that).
ownstream 8664 Kbps (1,083.0 KB/sec) 9357 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 494 Kbps (61.8 KB/sec) 533 Kbps (inc. overheads)

TierraDelFuego
29-01-2006, 12:38
The "Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 10240000" indicates that your modem config is set to 10 MB.

The speed test is not bad, a little under 10 MB but not by much.

mandrake
29-01-2006, 12:42
thanks for the info, best download speed i have seen in over 3 weeks, its normally nearer 2.5- 3 MB

Hom3r
11-02-2007, 14:40
What is the IP address for the NTL range of modems.

I'm getting a new modem on the 22 feb (NTL250?)

can these modem IPs be changed

SnoopZ
11-02-2007, 14:45
What is the IP address for the NTL range of modems.

I'm getting a new modem on the 22 feb (NTL250?)

can these modem IPs be changed

My IP begins with 86.*.*.*

Yes there are ways for changing the IP.

1) Release your IP using IPconfig and leave the modem unplugged for 24hrs, however this isn't guaranteed to work.

2) Change your ethernet card or change to USB, which will work.

Hom3r
11-02-2007, 14:50
86.*.*.* is the IP supplied by VM

I mean the the IP to view the Config info etc.

Nikesh
11-02-2007, 14:52
86.*.*.* is the IP supplied by VM

I mean the the IP to view the Config info etc.

The IP is http://192.168.100.1

Don't think you can change it.

Hom3r
11-02-2007, 14:54
Thanks,

I wanted to check in case it conflicted with my router

komanxe
07-03-2010, 07:22
hi you guys, anyone can help me? Where can i find ntl25o configurator????

appreciate your help...

Thk u...

Sirius
07-03-2010, 08:14

appreciate your help...

Thk u...

Not on this forum and to add we dont help those that steal cable.

saabmania2
07-03-2010, 08:26

appreciate your help...

Thk u...

:nono:

:clap: well said Sirius, when will people learn not to come here asking for that sort of information what a :dunce:

Ignitionnet
07-03-2010, 08:30

:clap: well said Sirius, when will people learn not to come here asking for that sort of information what a :dunce:

More to the point when will Virgin hurry up and make such things useless. Is due to their having loads of really old CPEs not compatible with newer security features.

Sirius
07-03-2010, 08:31
More to the point when will Virgin hurry up and make such things useless. Is due to their having loads of really old CPEs not compatible with newer security features.

You have to admit they are working on it ;)

Ignitionnet
07-03-2010, 08:37
You have to admit they are working on it ;)

Every time I think they are I read posts about all the modems coming back online and feel quite nonplussed.

Big hole still with the certificate based authentication, still a couple of types of modem that aren't authenticated properly with other ways.

Much better than it was but still room to do more, and why did it take so long anyway? Seems that if it's not one of Neil Berkett's PR-friendly ego trips about the fibre optic network things don't get done.

Sirius
07-03-2010, 08:40
Every time I think they are I read posts about all the modems coming back online and feel quite nonplussed.

Big hole still with the certificate based authentication, still a couple of types of modem that aren't authenticated properly with other ways.

Much better than it was but still room to do more, and why did it take so long anyway? Seems that if it's not one of Neil Berkett's PR-friendly ego trips about the fibre optic network things don't get done.

I think its down to priorities and the settops had to be done first ;)

Kymmy
07-03-2010, 09:01

As the person is from Colombia (see his other posts) I don;t think he's looking at stealing VM's services, not unless he can get them to install that far ;)

Sirius
07-03-2010, 09:04
As the person is from Columbia (see his other posts) I don;t think he's looking at stealing VM's services, not unless he can get them to install that far ;)

:LOL:

Ignitionnet
07-03-2010, 09:18
I think its down to priorities and the settops had to be done first ;)

Different teams working on them AIUI, cable modems being the network security team and STBs being the TV guys.

Paul
08-03-2010, 00:22
Hmmm, why would someone in Columbia need to configure an ntl250 modem ?

Welshchris
08-03-2010, 01:33
a student in UK phaps?

komanxe
08-03-2010, 02:25

:td:hey man thanks for being the only one who answered anyway, but i'm not trying to steal anything, I have a very efficient broadband connection, besides i work at the very same ISP facilities, i need it just for research purposes... not that i feel obligated to explain...

thanks...

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

If anyone else wants to help... I previously thank u...

Lord Nikon
08-03-2010, 03:24
It's a docsis spec cable modem most likely made by Ubee interactive (http://www.ubeeinteractive.com/index.php/site/support) Specs sheets are there (Reference the U number under the modem) and since your requirements are on the behalf of an ISP the chances are they will be only too happy to furnish you with information.

For obvious reasons this site cannot and will not provide detailed information much beyond that because the information can be used for nefarious purposes, but hopefully ths will point you in the right direction to gain more information.

komanxe
08-03-2010, 16:28
Hehehe... I'm sure they will... But thanks anyway... I'll do more researching about it...

Ignitionnet
08-03-2010, 19:59
I just Googled ntl 250 configurator and got a link to a download link on the first page of results.

Peter_
08-03-2010, 20:02
I just Googled ntl 250 configurator and got a link to a download link on the first page of results.
Directly below the link to this thread as well.;)

on in an hour!
08-03-2010, 20:09
Different teams working on them AIUI, cable modems being the network security team and STBs being the TV guys.
hmmm.i think youve just explained why we (as service techs) are getting flag ups on jobs to swap out modems even though we are there for CATV or telco faults.(methinks someting is afoot!!:)

Ignitionnet
08-03-2010, 20:50
hmmm.i think youve just explained why we (as service techs) are getting flag ups on jobs to swap out modems even though we are there for CATV or telco faults.(methinks someting is afoot!!:)

Correct - some modems are not properly DOCSIS 1.1 BPI+ compatible and need swapping out so that VM can enforce compulsory BPI+ on all cable modems along with forcing full manufacturer's certificate verification.

komanxe
09-03-2010, 00:50
i just googled ntl 250 configurator and got a link to a download link on the first page of results.

well, i've already tried that, even tried to buy it, but it's an endless spiderweb of links...

But thanks man... I'll keep lookin'.:)

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

well, i've already tried that, even tried to buy it, but it's an endless spiderweb of links...

YOU DON'T HAPPEN TO HAVE THAT LINK YESS? HEHEHEHE... THK...:angel:

Sirius
09-03-2010, 06:16

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

YOU DON'T HAPPEN TO HAVE THAT LINK YESS? HEHEHEHE... THK...:angel:

There is no way in this world you are after this for legitimate reason when you post like that.

Kymmy
09-03-2010, 10:37
Either way the forum will not allow links such as that to be posted, whether it be to someone outside of the UK or not.

Remember guys when you signed up you agreed to http://www.cableforum.co.uk/about/21/terms-and-conditions and posts include private or public made using the CF server

pabscars
09-03-2010, 12:11
There is no way in this world you are after this for legitimate reason when you post like that.

You could have just sent him a link to scotland yard or sumink :naughty:,

Would have been worth a giggle if nothing else :D:D

komanxe
10-03-2010, 03:40

maybe I did something to bother you? 'cause I don't remember doing so... anyway, i think if you can't or don't want to give any information, feel free to do so, but stop being such a pain in the lower back man... be happy and let others be happy too... thanks a lot to those who have contributed... later...;)