PDA

View Full Version : Sorry BT line question

Davesmith
28-01-2006, 17:45
I am new to this forum so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area but if anybody can help or give me a link to somebody who can it would be much appreciated

We are installing a new PABX to a office, the new system is operting with no problems but cannot dial out, I have traced the problem to the incomming exchange lines.

When I go to the NTTP and plug my test phone over the incomming lines (disconnected the link cable to our new system) I get dial tone but can not dial out. At first I thought they might be earth recall lines but a call to BT confirmed they where standard analogue lines .

If I press TBR on my test phone it breaks dial tone and dials out (no dial tone) but after approx. 20 seconds you get the message "the number you have dialed as not been recognised" I was using the BT line test number

You can dial into the lines with no problems.

I thought it may have even been split legs between the two incomming lines but when i tested all was fine

The lines do not run of DACS or feature-net or through any other PABX

The exchange lines will not break dial tone when you try dialing out.

BT will charge me for an engineers visit, so if I can proove the fault is with the lines (which I think it is) all well and good

The old PABX was a CEC208 using Olycom telephones set to Pulse dialing with earth recall

Regards

Dave

Stuart
28-01-2006, 18:24
Moved to "Other Telco Services" forum.

I am no expert, but it sounds like the lines are at fault.

Matthew
28-01-2006, 21:37
What is the make and model of the new system you are trying to get working?