PDA

View Full Version : ford keys?

dragon
27-01-2006, 21:20
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a spare key for a ford KA?

I only have 1 key for it and i was thinking of getting a spare case i lose or break it, but becuase i only have the 1 key i cant program the PATS system myself.

Ford want £25 for the key + £70 labour charge to program the car to accept the key :(

There was a locksmith in the reading area that quoted me £45 for programming + £25 for the key. I forgot to ask if the quotes are inclusive of VAT (DOH!)

can anyone come up with any better? :confused:

I think its digusting what they charge to plug a box into a car and press a few buttons (which from what ive been able to determine is exactly what they do but please do correct me if im wrong)

I'm in basingstoke btw.

marky
27-01-2006, 21:26
If you have the red master key, its very easy to programme another, i think its as simple as putting the master in, taking it out then putting the new one in.
But i'm sure someone has personal experience of how to do it :)

dragon
27-01-2006, 21:28
If you have the red master key, its very easy to programme another, i think its as simple as putting the master in, taking it out then putting the new one in.
But i'm sure someone has personal experience of how to do it :)

no i dont and that wouldnt work anyway, My ka uses the newer system that needs 2 standard keys to program another one and i only have 1 :(

Thanks for the suggestion though!

marky
27-01-2006, 21:36
I'm lost there then, but I'm sure one of the members is a Ford mechanic, he posted in the Mondeo brakes thread :)

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

This guy http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=670304&postcount=9