PDA

View Full Version : Third World Country

peachey
14-11-2003, 08:30
That's all we are over here in the uk

nothing works and if it does it is substandard, broken, bent or creaking along - eg trains and buses are all slow, late, unreliable, uncomfortable, too expensive with the emphasis being on some bloated fat cat in london 'taking profit' from the urine smelling mess.

We 'doff our hats' to the very people who create this obscenity

it's a shambles and a modern day banana republic

Jerrek
14-11-2003, 08:37
I think you'll find that is pretty much the case everywhere. Public transit in Toronto is kind of a joke. I have never taken public transit in Canada though, so I can't tell from experience, only from what I hear.

Shaun
14-11-2003, 08:55

nothing works and if it does it is substandard, broken, bent or creaking along - eg trains and buses are all slow, late, unreliable, uncomfortable, too expensive with the emphasis being on some bloated fat cat in london 'taking profit' from the urine smelling mess.

TBH I have no problems with the public transport here. :eek:

peachey
14-11-2003, 08:59
TBH I have no problems with the public transport here. :eek:

that is because you are from leicester
and are used to shoddy services

Gogogo
14-11-2003, 09:30
That's all we are over here in the uk nothing works and if it does it is substandard, broken, bent or creaking along - eg trains and buses are all slow, late, unreliable, uncomfortable, too expensive with the emphasis being on some bloated fat cat in london 'taking profit' from the urine smelling mess.

Peachey, have you ever lived in a Third World Country? Have you any idea what life in a Third World Country can be like? I've lived and worked in two African countries and I can assure you that you are very lucky to be living in the UK. I am really puzzled as to that growth of feeling we can descibe as self pity and whinging.

This country is marvellous, of course there are problems, nothing perfect but this country is blessed. We live in a feee and democratic society, we do not have secret police breathing down our necks; initiative is encouraged and rewarded, we do not have a mass media boring us to death with what the ruling party thinks is good for us. Please Peachey take a look around, for most people in the UK life is good.

:eek:

peachey
14-11-2003, 10:16
Peachey, have you ever lived in a Third World Country? Have you any idea what life in a Third World Country can be like? I've lived and worked in two African countries and I can assure you that you are very lucky to be living in the UK. I am really puzzled as to that growth of feeling we can descibe as self pity and whinging.

This country is marvellous, of course there are problems, nothing perfect but this country is blessed. We live in a feee and democratic society, we do not have secret police breathing down our necks; initiative is encouraged and rewarded, we do not have a mass media boring us to death with what the ruling party thinks is good for us. Please Peachey take a look around, for most people in the UK life is good.

I dunno about 'lived' in a third world country - dunno how long you have to be there to qualify for that accolade

but yes - I have been to one - and yes, they have rubbish transport too

Nemesis
14-11-2003, 10:21
I dunno about 'lived' in a third world country - dunno how long you have to be there to qualify for that accolade

but yes - I have been to one - and yes, they have rubbish transport tooOut of interest ... which one, .... Bolton ;)

peachey
14-11-2003, 10:36
Out of interest ... which one, .... Bolton ;)

phillipines & indonesia

in fact when I say they are rubbish
that is not strictly true

they are probably better over there
as you sort of haggle with the drivers to get you places

rather than put up with the stern faced union backed jobsworths who man the shoddy service over here

Mal
14-11-2003, 12:25
Oooooohhhh, scathing...

Where exactly are you?

Defiant
14-11-2003, 12:46
Put our taxe's down to normal level's and we could get other countrys feeling sorry for us and handing out money for nothing

Gogogo
14-11-2003, 15:40
I dunno about 'lived' in a third world country - dunno how long you have to be there to qualify for that accolade but yes - I have been to one - and yes, they have rubbish transport too

10 years Zimbabwe, 1987 - 1997, mostly teaching at a school in the African bush, province of Mashonaland East and real Third World conditions believe me, 2 years Kenya, Nairobi, 1997 - 1999.

There is no way that you can describe the UK as a Third World country, no way. I am not concerned about transport, which in Zim was a lot better than it is now, the main highways thanks to the Rhodesian government, were excellent, now they are almost non exsitent I am talking about: everyday life, access to good clean water; good nutricious food; there is now famine in Zim though not caused by nature; no good medicine to treat problems such as dysentry, and a 101 other diseases. Zim Telephone system a dismal failure. Hospitals extremely poor, except private hospitals, by UK standards and nowadays people must take their own bedding etc, and be treated by out of date medicines usually paracetomol. Not unusual in rural areas to see kids going to school with no shoes!, And walking on average six kilometres or more to school. Having one meal a day, generally the same meal. I can't even begin to think how much worse it is now.

A friend in Zim spends 40 minutes on line just to send one e-mail need I say more?

aliferste
14-11-2003, 17:47

Ive got to disagree and say that we are absolutely nothing like a third world country whatsoever.

However I understand where you are coming from in that fat cats seem to get richer off of their own incompetance!

Atomic22
14-11-2003, 18:10
phillipines & indonesia

these are both second world countries not third world countries.....

if you dont like public transport get a car like the rest of us , its not the people that run the railways/buses fault they stink of urine its because of the unhygeinic **** that pee all over the floor/walls etc in the first place (normally asylum seekers and refugees that are not toilet trained)

you can always emigrate to somewhere you feel offers you more and leave britain to those of us that like living here......:idea:

Shaun
14-11-2003, 18:56

You can go off someone very quickly you know. :nono:

Shaun
14-11-2003, 18:59
(normally asylum seekers and refugees that are not toilet trained)

I don't know ANY asylum seekers with a Scouse/Manchester accent :Peace:

Atomic22
14-11-2003, 19:09
I don't know ANY asylum seekers with a Scouse/Manchester accent :Peace:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i always thought scousers were refugees from liverpool:cool:

Gogogo
14-11-2003, 19:28
Scouse - What's the origin of this word, anyone up there on Merseyside know? I'm curious.

:cool:

Atomic22
14-11-2003, 19:32
its some kind of food they eat in scouseland

aliferste
14-11-2003, 20:59
its because of the unhygeinic **** that pee all over the floor/walls etc in the first place (normally asylum seekers and refugees that are not toilet trained)

Possibly out of the top ten posts ive ever read on any forum this is number one!

peachey
14-11-2003, 22:38
Possibly out of the top ten posts ive ever read on any forum this is number one!

joke:
what goes in and out and smells of urine?

answer:
a pensioner doing the hokey cokey

Shaun
15-11-2003, 01:05
joke:

answer:
:rolleyes:

aliferste
15-11-2003, 07:19
joke:

answer:

I forgot to say that it was in my top ten of idiotic posts! :rolleyes:

Atomic22
15-11-2003, 18:47
I forgot to say that it was in my top ten of idiotic posts! :rolleyes:

Atomic22 bows gracefully as he proudly accepts his award for "most idiotic post ever on any forum"
:PP:

aliferste
15-11-2003, 23:48
Atomic22 bows gracefully as he proudly accepts his award for "most idiotic post ever on any forum"
:PP:

~trips you up on the way back down to your seat~

Atomic22
16-11-2003, 17:46
hehehehehe:Yes: