PDA

View Full Version : NTL digibox with modem

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 14:28
Guys,

Which NTL digi boxes are able to handle the 10meg connections now...reason I'm asking 1 of my colleagues has just been connected to NTL 10 Meg connection and has just requested TV as well, now he has a NTL 250 modem and an old pacey at his place which hasnt been used, also I checked out the "splitter" and that only has a tv/data adapter thats it, so he's prolly going to get a digi box.

So does any of you know which boxes can handle 10 meg?

cheers.

Neil
26-01-2006, 14:36
**Moved from General ntl Discussion forum to ntl Broadband forum**

Please try to post in the correct forum as it makes things easy for everyone, thanks.

Ramrod
26-01-2006, 14:38
Guys,

Which NTL digi boxes are able to handle the 10meg connections now...I didn't think that any of the ntl stb's could handle 10 meg....the silver samsungs go up to 5 meg, mine could get to about 7 meg on a good day, today is not a good day :D

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 14:38
sorry Neil..........my brain aint here today.

Cheers Ramrod so basically my colleagues are going to be sc**wed

MovedGoalPosts
26-01-2006, 14:45
Having got the modem, I'd expect him to keep that regardless. As bradband speeds inevitably march on (I'm thinking of ntl keeping up with ADSL-2 whenever that arrives) the top tiers are likely to be provided by modem rather than STB so he remains ahead of the game.

If in getting TV as well ntl have to adapt and upgrade cables at the house to cope with the TV service they will do so as part of the installation.

If there is an old PACE STB, surely if no services are recevied via that now, it should have been returned to ntl.

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 14:47
I know that 1 Rob, wasnt my property so I dont know anything about the NTL bits and pieces but normally the box should've been returned or it might've been a dodgy 1 if NTL didnt know anything about it.