PDA

View Full Version : Anyone speak Dutch

tabatha
26-01-2006, 13:58
:dunce: Does anyone on these forums speak/understand Dutch...?

I am trying to access a Dutch forum relating to the LG 7000 series HD/DVD Recorder..

The LG forum is conducted mostly in English,however the important part...how to register ...is in Dutch..

There is a "contact " page ,via email,which I completed.A message came up,which I THINK said the email was NOT sent.This would appear to be backed up by my not having recd a reply..

If anyone feels they can help I will post the name of the site on here..;)

Hom3r
26-01-2006, 14:01
Have you tried bable fish? A online translation.

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:02
Shoot. Or perhaps I should say: Schiet. :) I'm a native speaker of Dutch

tabatha
26-01-2006, 14:09
Danielf...Cheers...
The site in question is.....

www.recordere.dk

When opened there is a contact link,which opens a ..I THINK..email...??

Is there any way you can find out how one registers please....

Go PM if you wish

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

David...Thanks for that...far too much to translate...unfortunately....

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:22
Danielf...Cheers...

www.recordere.dk

When opened there is a contact link,which opens a ..I THINK..email...??

Is there any way you can find out how one registers please....

Go PM if you wish

Right, unfortunately, I am struggling a little here. This is possibly caused by the fact that the site is in Danish, not Dutch :D

Still, I can make out a fair bit. The kontakt bit is not for registering, it's for contacting the site team.

I think you need to register on this page:

http://www.recordere.dk/forum/register.asp?FID=0

Brugernavn = username
adgangskode = password
indtast adgangskode = re-enter password
email = email

I think you then need to copy the 6 digit security code (sikkerheds kode) in the box underneath the code. The rest of the form is optional (I think). Let me know if you need more help.

Edit: clicking that link now, I get the option to register a new user (ny bruger) or login as an existing one. Choose ny bruger. Then click 'accepter' to accept the terms and conditions. This brings you to the screen where you can register. The site is a little slow btw...

tabatha
26-01-2006, 14:25
Sorry about that...If it is not English/French I am lost...!!!
Will keep you posted.....Many Thanks

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:29
Sorry about that...If it is not English/French I am lost...!!!
Will keep you posted.....Many Thanks

Have a look at my edit as well. I'm pretty sure that is the page for registering :)

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 14:29
Shoot. Or perhaps I should say: Schiet. :) I'm a native speaker of DutchJij was er eerder bij dan ik :) maar gezien het Deens is had ik het ook niet beter geweten!

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 14:30
Danielf didnt know you speak dutch...where from in Holland then?

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 14:31
Danielf didnt know you speak dutch.Nor me - he posts without a hint of an accent ;)

andygrif
26-01-2006, 14:32
Dutch is one of those languages that I would learn for fun if I had the time....it's such a cool language....particularly the gathering of spit to speak it properly...I guess that's why it's Flemmish!

I can say all the basic favourites...good evening is my favourite and please is a cool word too.

Which reminds me...I haven't been to Holland for a while.

Danish is another matter altogether, however.

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:33
Jij was er eerder bij dan ik :) maar gezien het Deens is had ik het ook niet beter geweten!

Ach, toch is het verbazingwekkend hoe begrijpelijk het is... :)

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Danielf didnt know you speak dutch...where from in Holland then?

Several places really, but I consider Leiden my stumping grounds...

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 14:38
LoL Arme jonge .... bent een Hagenees ;) but living in the UK now for 7 years and a bit, so guess you been studying in Holland

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Dutch is one of those languages that I would learn for fun if I had the time....it's such a cool language....particularly the gathering of spit to speak it properly...I guess that's why it's Flemmish!

I can say all the basic favourites...good evening is my favourite and please is a cool word too.

Which reminds me...I haven't been to Holland for a while.

Danish is another matter altogether, however.

Oii be nice dont insult Dutch for Flemmish (the Dutch dont like being made out as belgians)

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:40
LoL Arme jonge .... bent een Hagenees ;) but living in the UK now for 7 years and a bit, so guess you been studying in Holland

Een hagenees, krijg nou een endeldarmverkleving man. Yes, I got my degree at Leiden. Been here for 5 years and a bit now. It looks like the brits are in the minority here...

Macca371
26-01-2006, 14:40
Je hebt het niveau van een poffertje.

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:41
Je hebt het niveau van een poffertje.

Francofoon van lik m'n vestje...

Macca371
26-01-2006, 14:43
Heh what was that? I don't speak Dutch I used Insult Monger (http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/dutch.htm) :D

Jon M
26-01-2006, 14:43
Ik kan Babelfish ook gebruiken.

tabatha
26-01-2006, 14:45
At least there appear to be several people I can turn to.......

Hang around,I THINK I have registered,but will need someone to translate an email....IF I am correct..!!!!!!!!

Macca371
26-01-2006, 14:46
Ik leerde dat men te vertalen Babel nooit zou moeten gebruiken, maar wanneer één de originele zin in een Europese taal (als het Frans), over het algemeen schrijft, is de zin beter vertaald.

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 14:48
Ik kan Babelfish ook gebruiken.Ja, maar dan zullen wij snel ontdekken wie hier echt neerlands is en wie niet.

Verder ben ik uit Amsterdam (is mooier dan Parijs) vertrokken in '73, maar ik ben toch nog wel een Mokummer in hart en bloed.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

Ik leerde dat men te vertalen Babel nooit zou moeten gebruiken, maar wanneer ÃÃâ€*’©ÃƆ™Ãƒâ€*’©n de originele zin in een Europese taal (als het Frans), over het algemeen schrijft, is de zin beter vertaald.And it is also quite obvious, because the choice of words that Babelfish uses for some translations are just not 'proper' Dutch :)

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 14:49
hehehehe scared ;) 100% Hagenees :) :D en niet trots erop.....thats why I'm living in the UK :p

tabatha
26-01-2006, 14:50
Right....Is this the "normal" click this link....please

Tak fordi du oprettede dig som bruger i recordere.dk forum.

Brugernavn: - Leons
Adgangskode: -

For at aktivere din forum-konto i recordere.dk forum tryk på linket nedenfor: -

http://www.recordere.dk/forum/activate.asp?ID=Leons7A49C977ZD

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 14:51
At least there appear to be several people I can turn to...Not really - we're DUTCH speakers and you're looking for a translation from DANISH!

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

hehehehe scared ;) 100% Hagenees :) :D en niet trots erop.....thats why I'm living in the UK :pMaar goed dat het niet Rotterdam was...

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:52
Ja, maar dan zullen wij snel ontdekken wie hier echt neerlands is en wie niet.

Verder ben ik uit Amsterdam (is mooier dan Parijs) vertrokken in '73, maar ik ben toch nog wel een Mokummer in hart en bloed.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:47 ----------

And it is also quite obvious, because the choice of words that Babelfish uses for some translations are just not 'proper' Dutch :)

I can tell you left a long time ago. The expression is 'in Hart en nieren'. You've not been using Babelfish have you? :p:

tabatha
26-01-2006, 14:52
Babel fish do not do Danish.............Pastries or translation.............

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:54
Right....Is this the "normal" click this link....please

Tak fordi du oprettede dig som bruger i recordere.dk forum.

Brugernavn: - Leons
Adgangskode: -

For at aktivere din forum-konto i recordere.dk forum tryk pÃÃâ€*’Â¥ linket nedenfor: -

http://www.recordere.dk/forum/activate.asp?ID=Leons7A49C977ZD

I think that link says: thank you for registering. Your account has now been activated. Can you post there now?

tabatha
26-01-2006, 14:55
Click the link..?????....60 seconds and counting...............

Macca371
26-01-2006, 14:56
Can Dutch speakers understand German easily?

danielf
26-01-2006, 14:59

The relevant question is not can they?, it's do they want to?. The answer to the first question is yes (overwhelmingly). The answer to the second is no (again overwhelmingly)

Jon M
26-01-2006, 14:59
Ik houd van konijnen, verwarmen zij mijn voeten wanneer ik ga zwemmend in mijn meer van stroop.

Macca371
26-01-2006, 15:02
Ich habe wollte immer deutsches erlernen, oder holländisch, mag ich die Aussprachen.

marky
26-01-2006, 15:04
I hate you lot at times :(

andygrif
26-01-2006, 15:09
Oii be nice dont insult Dutch for Flemmish (the Dutch dont like being made out as belgians)

Something to do with webbed feet suddenly sprang to mind! Don't know why!

In my defence your honour, I would point out that Flemish is a dialect of Dutch spoken in South West Holland, as well as parts of Belgium and France.

Dank u well.:)

No-one can understand the Germans easily. ;)

Oh, sorry, you said German, not Germans :LOL:

danielf
26-01-2006, 15:14
Ik houd van konijnen, verwarmen zij mijn voeten wanneer ik ga zwemmend in mijn meer van stroop.

This has to be one of the most surreal phrases I have ever read, in any language...

It translates to: I love Rabbits, they warm my feet when I go swimming in my lake of syrup.

Someone has been using Babelmushroom I think...

Tabatha: Any luck with that site? I think you should be able to post now. Username is Leons

tabatha
26-01-2006, 15:15
Registered .....Posted....Just hope my English is good enough to understand.....

Many Thanks for ALL the help in ALL the languages.....

Thinks....Do we need a "foriegn language translation" section..????

Jon M
26-01-2006, 15:18

This has to be one of the most surreal phrases I have ever read, in any language...

It translates to: I love Rabbits, they warm my feet when I go swimming in my lake of syrup.

Someone has been using Babelmushroom I think...

Tabatha: Any luck with that site? I think you should be able to post now. Username is Leons
That used to be one of my childish internet persuits back in the day... going onto foreign language IRC rooms and using babelfish to chat to people. Once they got suspicious I would post random surreal sentences and get banned.

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 15:20
I can tell you left a long time ago. The expression is 'in Hart en nieren'. You've not been using Babelfish have you? :p:Doh. That happens after nearly 30 years away. And not having spoken the language on a daily basis for over 20 of those.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Ik houd van konijnen, verwarmen zij mijn voeten wanneer ik ga zwemmend in mijn meer van stroop.Dat overleven die konijnen dus niet. Dat is niet leuk.

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 15:20
The relevant question is not can they?, it's do they want to?. The answer to the first question is yes (overwhelmingly). The answer to the second is no (again overwhelmingly)

Amen...the dutch and germans dont like eachother that much
but I can understand and speak it

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 15:22
Ich habe wollte immer deutsches erlernen, oder hollÃÃâ€*’¤ndis ch, mag ich die Aussprachen.<fingers in ears>LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA</fingers in ears>

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Thinks....Do we need a "foriegn language translation" section..????Maybe, but we certainly need an English spelling section ;)

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

That used to be one of my childish internet persuits back in the day... going onto foreign language IRC rooms and using babelfish to chat to people. Once they got suspicious I would post random surreal sentences and get banned.Now that is one serious admission for a Mod!

danielf
26-01-2006, 15:25

I heard that the must have item for Dutch football fans this year is an orange plastic helmet in the shape of the Nazi WW2 helmet. It comes with phrases like AAANVALLUH, and JETZT GEHT'S LOS on it. I think that will go down very well in the stadium during the World Cup... :D

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 15:26
I heard that the must have item for Dutch football fans this year is an orange plastic helmet in the shape of the Nazi WW2 helmet. It comes with phrases like AAANVALLUH, and JETZT GEHT'S LOS on it. I think that will go down very well in the stadium during the World Cup... :DI gotta get me one of those to wear with my Orange Holland shirt :)

Jon M
26-01-2006, 15:28
That used to be one of my childish internet persuits back in the day... going onto foreign language IRC rooms and using babelfish to chat to people. Once they got suspicious I would post random surreal sentences and get banned.Now that is one serious admission for a Mod!
What were you doing for a laugh 10 years ago then? :p:

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 15:29
Daniel you wanna see it???
http://www.helmpje.nl/N_frame.html?http://www.helmpje.nl/
looks wicked tho

Maggy
26-01-2006, 15:30
:dunce: Does anyone on these forums speak/understand Dutch...?

I am trying to access a Dutch forum relating to the LG 7000 series HD/DVD Recorder..

The LG forum is conducted mostly in English,however the important part...how to register ...is in Dutch..

There is a "contact " page ,via email,which I completed.A message came up,which I THINK said the email was NOT sent.This would appear to be backed up by my not having recd a reply..

If anyone feels they can help I will post the name of the site on here..;)

Can I suggest that you go to the BBC's H2G2 and ask this question in Ask H2G2.There WILL most certainly be a danish speaking researcher or two represented out of the 200,0000+ members of that site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A148907

danielf
26-01-2006, 15:35
I gotta get me one of those to wear with my Orange Holland shirt :)

Here you go:

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

Daniel you wanna see it???
looks wicked tho

Ah, beat me to it :)

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 15:41
heheheh 1 of my favourite site is http://frontpage.fok.nl excellent for Dutch news and other stuff ;)

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

oii Scared or Daniel who repped me???

driver_problems
26-01-2006, 16:05
I felt I should point out that when people refer to the Netherlands as 'Holland' this is not strictly correct and is a bit like referring to the UK or Great Britain as 'England'. The Netherlands has other bits other than Holland .e.g Friesland :dozey:

marky
26-01-2006, 16:08
Ive heard theres lots of Dikes there :disturbd:

danielf
26-01-2006, 16:10
I felt I should point out that when people refer to the Netherlands as 'Holland' this is not strictly correct and is a bit like referring to the UK or Great Britain as 'England'. The Netherlands has other bits other than Holland .e.g Friesland :dozey:

Technically correct, but, apart from perhaps some people in The Antilles, the term Holland is used widely all over the country, including those areas which are not, technically part of 'Holland'. In other words, I still have to meet the first person that objects to it. But, I have to admit, I am from Holland, and have spent very little time in Fryslan.

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 16:15
What were you doing for a laugh 10 years ago then? :p:Seeing as I was almost twice as old then as you were 10 years ago, I was behaving responsibly... :)

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 16:31
Technically correct, but, apart from perhaps some people in The Antilles, the term Holland is used widely all over the country, including those areas which are not, technically part of 'Holland'. In other words, I still have to meet the first person that objects to it. But, I have to admit, I am from Holland, and have spent very little time in Fryslan.

driver_problems: the only reason that Holland is named Holland is because Southern and Northern Holland are the rich parts of holland and the rest is farmers country. Friesland we arent even going there.

LSainsbury
26-01-2006, 16:39
Danielf...Cheers...

www.recordere.dk

.DK is Denmark dude!!!! :Yikes:

ScaredWebWarrior
26-01-2006, 16:43
oii Scared or Daniel who repped me???Probably both :)

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

driver_problems: the only reason that Holland is named Holland is because Southern and Northern Holland are the rich parts of holland and the rest is farmers country. Friesland we arent even going there.Now duck before you get something throw at you!

It's actually a very nice part of the country - even has it's own language, but I doubt that it's spoken much these days.

Paulie
26-01-2006, 16:48
If you`re still stuck with the Danish, i play chess with a couple of them, so might be able to help.

tabatha
26-01-2006, 17:02
If you`re still stuck with the Danish, i play chess with a couple of them, so might be able to help.
:tu: As you are the nearest yet to anyone "true Danish" I may call on your kind offer...Tho everyones coming up with the answers between them...:tu:

Paulie
26-01-2006, 17:14
No worries. Just pm me if and when you need it ;)

Mal
26-01-2006, 17:50

I heard that the must have item for Dutch football fans this year is an orange plastic helmet in the shape of the Nazi WW2 helmet. It comes with phrases like AAANVALLUH, and JETZT GEHT'S LOS on it. I think that will go down very well in the stadium during the World Cup... :DCould you translate that for me please? Babel Fish doesn't want to translate it or is that a hint as to the tone? ;)

danielf
26-01-2006, 18:35
Could you translate that for me please? Babel Fish doesn't want to translate it or is that a hint as to the tone? ;)

Aaanvalluh is charge/attack in Dutch. During Holland games you will often find some trumpet player blowing the 'charge' signal, followed by the Dutch crowd yelling Aanvalluh... Look here (http://ppa.beltonen.nl/PlayRingtone.html?Preview=http://content.beltonen.nl/Ringtones/Oranje-Aanvalluh.wav)for a naff ringtone

"Jetzt geht's los" is a German footie chant which means something similar 'this is where it starts/we start. This is normally met by the Dutch crowd with chants (in German) of Schade Deutschland, Alles ist vorbei (Pity, Germany, it's all over).

Rivalry I hear you say? I wouldn't dream of putting it that mildly :)

DocDutch
26-01-2006, 19:44
Aaanvalluh is charge/attack in Dutch. During Holland games you will often find some trumpet player blowing the 'charge' signal, followed by the Dutch crowd yelling Aanvalluh... Look here (http://ppa.beltonen.nl/PlayRingtone.html?Preview=http://content.beltonen.nl/Ringtones/Oranje-Aanvalluh.wav)for a naff ringtone

"Jetzt geht's los" is a German footie chant which means something similar 'this is where it starts/we start. This is normally met by the Dutch crowd with chants (in German) of Schade Deutschland, Alles ist vorbei (Pity, Germany, it's all over).

Rivalry I hear you say? I wouldn't dream of putting it that mildly :)

Daniel, nicely put :) so which team would you support if England was going to be up against Oranje

danielf
26-01-2006, 21:52
Daniel, nicely put :) so which team would you support if England was going to be up against Oranje

You can't switch allegiance really, can you?
http://www.helisports.nl/images/logos/knvb.jpg

Mal
26-01-2006, 22:18
Could you translate that for me please? Babel Fish doesn't want to translate it or is that a hint as to the tone? ;)

"Jetzt geht's los" is a German footie chant which means something similar 'this is where it starts/we start. This is normally met by the Dutch crowd with chants (in German) of Schade Deutschland, Alles ist vorbei (Pity, Germany, it's all over). Thanks for that. :) Nice to see that the 2 set of fans can play nice together ;) :D

Rivalry I hear you say? I wouldn't dream of putting it that mildly :)I have heard before about the "rivalry" between the two...

tabatha
26-01-2006, 22:32
Just to say,and tidy up....

I have had an email from the person that runs the website.....

Basically..Welcome and post away....

Again, thanks to all who posted replies...including those I did not understand....

danielf
26-01-2006, 22:38
I have heard before about the "rivalry" between the two...

What can I say. They started :shrug: :D

Mal
26-01-2006, 22:40
I have heard before about the "rivalry" between the two...

What can I say. They started :shrug: :D
They always do ;) :D

Maggy
27-01-2006, 00:19
By the way we do have a sports forum you know...;)

danielf
27-01-2006, 00:29
By the way we do have a sports forum you know...;)

:redcard: :notopic:

You're looking for the spoil sports forum I believe. :)

ScaredWebWarrior
27-01-2006, 08:33
Daniel, nicely put :) so which team would you support if England was going to be up against OranjeNo contest. If Holland are on the pitch, then that's who I support.

Otherwise, if England is on the pitch I'll support them.

Against Germany I support the other side.

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

By the way we do have a sports forum you know...;)We're not talking about sport. We're here because someone asked for the Dutch contingent to put it's hands up.

Then someone suggested a similarity between German and Dutch. :sick:

Once they'd been mentioned, it was only a matter of time before we'd get to the 'rivalry' between fans during Holland/Germany games.

Much as the English like to think they do the anti-German bit really well, the Dutch fans just do it better :)