PDA

View Full Version : trash tv programs underfire

kronas
13-11-2003, 23:19
the bbc's head of news has launched a scathing attack on what he calls a "poisonous" cocktail of smut

he said that digital tv has not lived up to its expectations when it comes to content

a draft version of his speech contains the following points

If you zap around even the more generalist channels on the Sky platform at a certain time of night, some common themes emerge," Mr Mosey is expected to say.

He will add: "Sin Cities and Temptation Islands jostle with The Villa Uncut, and a whole channel - Men and Motors - which besmirches the Granada name."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3266623.stm

i think hes right i dont watch tv hardly i switch it on and all i see is DIY shows pop contests programs such as 'the villa' the david blaine saga that was recently shown as well as big brother and plenty more TV is becoming a medium that is fed full of absloute b**ls**t and the sad fact is people watch it im mean ffs :rolleyes:

Steve H
13-11-2003, 23:25
Wonder why they put it on, Maybe cos people like to watch it? :rolleyes:

kronas
13-11-2003, 23:29
Wonder why they put it on, Maybe cos people like to watch it? :rolleyes:

i did make that point if you read my post :rolleyes:

but come on programs like these are far from entertaining imo

i like something thats not insulting the viewer

ic14
13-11-2003, 23:31
But if someones viewing it, the how can it be insulting. They must choose to watch it?

oh and your getting better at your grammer

kronas
13-11-2003, 23:36
But if someones viewing it, the how can it be insulting. They must choose to watch it?

yes but the stuff thats on tv is how should i put this a load of drivel i dont want to see peoples houses being decorated i saw this program the other day well a clip of it and these 2 women were going around cleaning dirty houses you call that entertainment :rolleyes:

Chris
13-11-2003, 23:36
the bbc's head of news has launched a scathing attack on what he calls a "poisonous" cocktail of smut

he said that digital tv has not lived up to its expectations when it comes to content

a draft version of his speech contains the following points

If you zap around even the more generalist channels on the Sky platform at a certain time of night, some common themes emerge," Mr Mosey is expected to say.

He will add: "Sin Cities and Temptation Islands jostle with The Villa Uncut, and a whole channel - Men and Motors - which besmirches the Granada name."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3266623.stm

i think hes right i dont watch tv hardly i switch it on and all i see is DIY shows pop contests programs such as 'the villa' the david blaine saga that was recently shown as well as big brother and plenty more TV is becoming a medium that is fed full of absloute b**ls**t and the sad fact is people watch it im mean ffs :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you - yes, it can happen :D

The irony is, our last, best hope for decent quality programming is the BBC, funded to the hilt by our licence fees. Sure you won't change your mind about that?

ic14
13-11-2003, 23:37
yes but the stuff thats on tv is how should i put this a load of drivel i dont want to see peoples houses being decorated i saw this program the other day well a clip of it and these 2 women were going around cleaning dirty houses you call that entertainment :rolleyes:Yeah that is utter drivel!
It does make me :zzz: thats probably why ukGolds the number 1 channel in our house.

kronas
13-11-2003, 23:43
The irony is, our last, best hope for decent quality programming is the BBC, funded to the hilt by our licence fees. Sure you won't change your mind about that?

the bbc is guilty of doing this as well but ill give them credit they have some interesting programs such as horizons newsnight etc

and no i will not change my mind over licencing there other ways for funding which i have explained in the other thread