PDA

View Full Version : How Painful

wilcoxm
25-01-2006, 23:17
Guys,

I appreciate that this not a topic we do not want to discuss, but can anyone give any advice on how to treat or prevent Haemorrhoids. :Yikes:

For the first time in 32 years, I have never experienced pain like it, and wondered if anyone can advise. :erm:

Cheers All

MadGamer
25-01-2006, 23:21
Guys,

I appreciate that this not a topic we do not want to discuss, but can anyone give any advice on how to treat or prevent Haemorrhoids. :Yikes:

For the first time in 32 years, I have never experienced pain like it, and wondered if anyone can advise. :erm:

Cheers All I cant but im sure Salu will be along soon, hang in there :)

nffc
25-01-2006, 23:23
What a pain in the a*se... now what was that cream advertised on the radio a while back?

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/haemorrhoids.htm
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.aspx?articleID=184

if it's mild drop in to the chemist and get some cream, should sort itself out.

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

just wait until nugget reads this :LOL:

Hom3r
25-01-2006, 23:25
I've heard of a product that Ben Elton said in ahis stage shows

I think it was called Anusol

Angua
25-01-2006, 23:35
To prevent it getting worse make sure you do not get constipated.

marky
25-01-2006, 23:40
Avoid rich spicy food, Alcohol can make it flare up(depending on drink)stay well clear of stout,
Other than that, good luck :disturbd:

Nidge
26-01-2006, 06:29
Anusol cream will help you along just fine, keep off the rich foods like currys and a few days later you'll be ok.

ikthius
26-01-2006, 07:45
increase your fibre, with senokot fibre sachets (formerly fibogel)

and take a bath ( and relax in there for about 10 mins) instead of the shower, for some reason this help get rid of them faster.

when you neeed to go for a number 2, try your best to get to the pan to release the pressure, Dont hold it in......

and make sure your diet is well mixed, and not only just spicy stuff.
A good balance of fruit/veg/meat.

good luck with the Ar$ Grapes

ik

Ramrod
26-01-2006, 08:15
Go and see a GP asap!
Failing that, have a chat with the pharmacist...

homealone
26-01-2006, 09:31
moist toilet wipes can be quite soothing, especially if placed in the fridge, before use.

- but like Ramrod said, if that bad you should get professional advice.

Salu
26-01-2006, 09:38
Guys,

I appreciate that this not a topic we do not want to discuss, but can anyone give any advice on how to treat or prevent Haemorrhoids.

For the first time in 32 years, I have never experienced pain like it, and wondered if anyone can advise.

Cheers All

Obviously it's difficult to assess the level of pain from a sentence....but the impression that I get is that it's pretty sore? Unless you have had these for a while then haemhorroids are unlikely to cause an acute onset of pain such as this and would lead me to think about an anal fissure. But I would need a little more detail. They can cause increasing amounts of pain over time due to thrombosis but you would have some warning. There are several grades and depending on which you are depends on the treatment. Anusol/germaloid etc have their benefits but are for mild symtoms and the impression I get is that they are not mild...

PM me if you like and I help as much as I can but for a definative answer I suggest that you see your GP as a visual examination is really required tbh...

swoop101
26-01-2006, 11:20
Get some preparation H and apply liberaly inside and out.
Then have a warm bath and drink plenty of fluids.
Eat lots of fruit ans veg and cut down on fatty foods to help with digestion and prevent constipation.
See your doctor, because if they are that bad you may have to have them stripped out.

Don't be embarresed to ask for help, theyare very common and why suffer if you can be sorted.