PDA

View Full Version : 1mb speed increase

salimsd
24-01-2006, 18:51
Hello everyone

I am on 1mb, so is there a speed increase for 1mb like 3mb have. I think is unfair that NTL give only 1 part of customers upgrade and not rest

Sal

homealone
24-01-2006, 19:05
Hi Sal :welcome:

yes there is an intended upgrade for 1Mb customers, but not until later in the year, although if anyone knows exactly when, they ain't saying.

- think about it, though, because it is likely that an increase in speed for the current 1Mb tier will almost certainly have a 'useage allowance', which the current 1Mb tier doesn't. So although you will be able to download faster, you may only be able to do so until you reach the limit - after that they make put you on a slower speed for the rest of the month, or charge for any bandwidth used over the allowance.

- I'm on 2Mb and am staying firmly put, as I am quite happy to not worry about how much I use it, rather than wanting all out speed. :)

salimsd
24-01-2006, 19:33
many thank for that, very informative..thanks

homealone
24-01-2006, 19:47
many thank for that, very informative..thanks

no problem - enjoy the site :)

Chrysalis
24-01-2006, 20:00
Hello everyone

I am on 1mb, so is there a speed increase for 1mb like 3mb have. I think is unfair that NTL give only 1 part of customers upgrade and not rest

Sal

the upgrade is available to all customers should you wish to pay for it, nothing unfair about getting less if you pay less.

salimsd
24-01-2006, 20:17
If we need to pay for upgrade, so how much did 3mb customers pay for upgarde..as far i know they didnt have to pay anything for upgarde so why should we pay

SnoopZ
24-01-2006, 20:25
If we need to pay for upgrade, so how much did 3mb customers pay for upgarde..as far i know they didnt have to pay anything for upgarde so why should we pay

You won't have to pay for the 10Mb upgrade, when it's available you will get it free. :)

Chrysalis
25-01-2006, 17:04

umm they pay 37.99 a month 1meg pay 17.99 a month so they paying an extra 20 a month for the privelige that to me is paying. you can upgrade on the website to 3meg anytime you feel free, its free just you pay extra per month the same as the 3 meggers.