PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, would you consider this ?

yesman
13-11-2003, 17:45
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3249925.stm

Personally, I think its a bit manic, but I am not a woman, or in a similar situation to this woman, eg, if I had a high risk of cancer of the testicles, I certainly wouldn't have them removed just in case......
I would be interested to know what you ladies think about this...........

and the guys too

Chimaera
13-11-2003, 17:51
I would not heistate if I was told I was at risk of developing breast cancer - a relative died from this a few years ago and I would not want to suffer like that. :(

Bex
13-11-2003, 18:41
I would not heistate if I was told I was at risk of developing breast cancer - a relative died from this a few years ago and I would not want to suffer like that. :(

i see your point that it is not nice to suffer like that......however i think that it is a bit extreme.......

it's almost like never leaving the house in case you get run over, we all have a risk of getting run over...so why not remoe the possibility.....ok maybe the examples arent realy synonmous, but i think having your breasts removed because you are at risk of getting breast cancer is a little extreme

Chimaera
13-11-2003, 19:48
But a breast cancer gene has been detected - and if you have it you have something like a greater than 80% chance of contracting breast cancer. In some families practically all the females have been affected by it.
I know what I would do in that position - an 80% chance of getting a disease seems pretty high to me.