PDA

View Full Version : ntl instalation hell

steviecee
23-01-2006, 09:46
Hi

last week i had ntl tv phone and broadband installed..now i should point out at my previous address i had sky digital and loved it but due to dish issues i had to go for cable at new address..i was booked in for an a.m install(8-1) at about 2.30 i thought id better phone as no one had arrived when i called i was told no we have you down as a p.m so i wasn`t happy at all seeing as i lost a days money from work to wait in all day...when he finally turned up he spent 4 hours installing it all but told me his line checking machine had stopped working when i asked what he meant he said i have connected everything but i cant finish doing your phone but i will come back tonight i dont need to get back into your flat just the green box outside i said ok and he left...its now been 6 days and still no phone i have called customer service 5 times and i keep getting nowhere with them but my biggest shock of all came when i tried to watch the snooker on bbc2 by pressing the red button it didnt work so yet again i called customer service only to be told that there was no interactive service in my area i could not believe it before my ntl was installed i bought a cheap freeview box from dixons £39 and even that could press the red button customer service gave me the impression that my area(sw11 clapham junction) would never get interactive so here is a warning if you are thinking of getting ntl ask about everything first i certanly would not have had it installed if they had told me before hand that i could not press the red button!!!

Russ
23-01-2006, 09:54
Moved to Bill and Installation.

Welcome to the site, and sorry to hear about your experiences with ntl.

If you want me to look in to it for you, PM me your full name, address and account number and I'll pass it on to one of our contacts within ntl.

steviecee
23-01-2006, 10:18
thanks
i have just called customer service again and been told its booked in for next monday so my instalation will take a total of 13 days! my dad used to work for bt and told me its a 2 minute job and when he used to do it you had to count the cables yourself not use a machine!

Neil
23-01-2006, 13:15
thanks
i have just called customer service again and been told its booked in for next monday so my instalation will take a total of 13 days! my dad used to work for bt and told me its a 2 minute job and when he used to do it you had to count the cables yourself not use a machine!

Welcome to the world of ntl BS, where they will tell you anything they need you to get you off their back/the phone etc. :rolleyes:

Mick
23-01-2006, 13:42
I'm sure it's not like that for everyone on the phones now these days Neil.

Neil
23-01-2006, 13:57
I'm sure it's not like that for everyone on the phones now these days Neil.

I didn't mean to suggest it was m8, but ntl have been doing this to customers for years (BS-ing). :td: