PDA

View Full Version : Any problems in the southeast? 300Kbit on 2Mbit

Sausage
22-01-2006, 13:42
The problems started yesterday and I'm just trying to find out whether it's just me. I'm in Dover and have done the speed test multiple times. I don't think they've limited me on purpose as 2Mb is now unlimited. I would phone technical support and may still do so.. although I don't want them to troubleshoot the problem, I want them to know there is a problem. Additionally I've reset my router and modem, checked nothing is hogging the bandwidth, etc.

Anyone else in the area having similiar problems?!?

Thanks.

wlm
22-01-2006, 15:36
Yeh im too from south east having same problems
i have not phone techincal support

Wod
22-01-2006, 16:34
Phone tech support than ;) lol

Robert Atkins
22-01-2006, 16:40
Slow at Guildford/Camberley, non-responsive at times. I re-booted modem 2-3 times, still very slow at times....

CS/faults is closed.

nsb
22-01-2006, 17:00
Extremely slow here in East Anglia aswell. It was fine last night, I am on the 10mb service. The net suddenly went down at about 7pm last night, came back up and I was getting insanely high pings and a 6k/s max download all night.

Thought it had fixed itself this morning, but the high pings soon came back and I'm getting about 20k/s downloads now.

I'm struggling to find others with the same problems at the moment, I hope its not just me.

Ramrod
22-01-2006, 17:42
Same problems.....detailed here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=41600) :(

Mick Fisher
23-01-2006, 23:59
Extremely slow here in East Anglia aswell. It was fine last night, I am on the 10mb service. The net suddenly went down at about 7pm last night, came back up and I was getting insanely high pings and a 6k/s max download all night.

Thought it had fixed itself this morning, but the high pings soon came back and I'm getting about 20k/s downloads now.

I'm struggling to find others with the same problems at the moment, I hope its not just me.

No it's not just you. I'm in Northants on 10meg. Been getting 8meg through a Tjet then yesterday (Sun) it went down to 3meg (max) and has stayed there.