PDA

View Full Version : OuT Of OrDeR

Barewolf
20-01-2006, 22:57
I upgraded to NTL 10 meg about 2 weeks ago from the 3 meg I was on. Everything was fine apart from the engineers only dropped off the Modem and didnt rig it up, i was left to do that over the phone to there tech support.

Anyway i got on the 10meg and i had a connection, then today i go and look at my website only to find its not there, NTL error loading page.

I got on the phone to them ASAP and was met with "It's unfortunate" blah blah blah, and my website was gone. It took me about 2 years to get it as i wanted so i demanded to speak to the womans supervisor, after few mins i was connected and i told him same thing and he said i probably wont get my site back, in a rage i wanted to speak to his Manager as he was quite obnoxious, he said im not allowed as its up to him if he is allowed me to speak to his manager.

So im no further ahead, £50 down to upgrade, minus my website which took me 2 years to get right, and speaking to idiots. What the hell can i do?

marky
20-01-2006, 23:01
No need to shout at us, it makes it hard to read,

Unless they have deleted it i'm sure something can be done, maybe one of the ntl members can help, or one of the team :)

Edit> the shout was edited :)

quadplay
20-01-2006, 23:03
It sounds like you moved from STB to SACM for the upgrade, in which case a new broadband account will have been created when you registered and the old one disconnected (as the old service was disconnected). As part of that disconnection, the email accounts and webspaces are deleted (although the usernames are reserved and cannot be re-used by anyone else). Unfortunately, this means that your old webspace has gone and cannot be recovered.

Do you not keep copies of your pages on your PC that you can re-upload?

ian@huth
20-01-2006, 23:45
It sounds like you moved from STB to SACM for the upgrade, in which case a new broadband account will have been created when you registered and the old one disconnected (as the old service was disconnected). As part of that disconnection, the email accounts and webspaces are deleted (although the usernames are reserved and cannot be re-used by anyone else). Unfortunately, this means that your old webspace has gone and cannot be recovered.

Do you not keep copies of your pages on your PC that you can re-upload?
Shouldn't customers moving from STB to SACM be warned that this will happen? Very bad business practice if they aren't and even worse is deleting webspace immediately. I would presume that deleted email accounts and webspace will not be reissued to another customer for quite a lengthy period so why the rush to delete them?

One lesson to be learnt though is "Back everything important up".

KevAmiga
21-01-2006, 14:02
why the rush to delete them?

Server space?

Most people dont bother with their webspace anyway, so i dont think its on NTL's list of high priorities.

Jon T
21-01-2006, 14:20
If something's that important, isn't it usual to keep a backup?