PDA

View Full Version : free holiday

tomw
11-11-2003, 19:27
I have just been informed i have won a free holiday for a family of four from a bic or something or other company i had to phone a 0870 national number and have to go to a seminar in haydock to claim it the jist is that i pay 49.50 per person and get a luxery holiday for this with no obligation
I am a big beliver of the phrase you dont get owt for nowt but my wife isnt

Has anybody elsse had or been on this before

Atomic22
11-11-2003, 19:30
nothin for nothin......you said it all mate
sounds like a con to me

Tricky
11-11-2003, 22:04
TIMESHARE TIMESHARE
Sit in a presentation for 3 hours, then get the holiday at which point you'll have a day with them trying to sell you a really nice appartment.

If you can resist the tempation to sign then go for it...

Xaccers
11-11-2003, 22:06
Or pay £8000 for 10 years worth of holidays

Sipowicz
11-11-2003, 22:12
Or pay £8000 for 10 years worth of holidays

Timeshare sales like this are illegal. What they will try and sell you is membership to a "Holiday Club"; not a time share. The net result is that they win and you lose.

Caveat Emptor = buyer beware

Don't fall into the trap!

kronas
11-11-2003, 22:21
people actually get taken in by these schemes ?

just ignore stuff like this cheaper for you allround and you wont get sales people trying to flog you stuff and an expensive phone bill

Ramrod
11-11-2003, 22:38
I have just been informed i have won a free holiday for a family of four from a bic or something or other company i had to phone a 0870 national number and have to go to a seminar in haydock to claim it the jist is that i pay 49.50 per person and get a luxery holiday for this with no obligation

Has anybody elsse had or been on this beforeIt is a con, don't bother going.
Phone them up and ask 'have I won a prize?'
They will have to say 'no'because in order to claim anything you have to jump through more hoops. ie. if you have won anything you should be entitled to it right now, not if you go to a semiar!

Chris
11-11-2003, 23:37

Has anybody elsse had or been on this before

Don't go anywhere near it, the 'hard sell' will be awful. You'll get tea and coffee until you're bursting but it'll be set up so it's difficult for you to get to the toilet, you'll be talked round in circles so you feel an idiot if you don't sign up, and be subjected to all manner of similar tricks just to get you to buy into a 'holiday club' (a.k.a timeshare).

Xaccers
12-11-2003, 00:07
people actually get taken in by these schemes ?

Um, can I use it as a reason to disown my parents?

handyman
12-11-2003, 00:45
TIMESHARE TIMESHARE
Sit in a presentation for 3 hours, then get the holiday at which point you'll have a day with them trying to sell you a really nice appartment.

If you can resist the tempation to sign then go for it...

My folks always have sat in on a time-share breakfast seminars when they go to Florida.

They get a full free brekky and after a hours presentation can buy discounted theme park tickets $30 in stead of $100.

Although the last one they went to was for a really nice place so they went back the next day and bought one :). Even after the sale lady had a signed contract she still offered discounted tickets and even some free ones.
they went this year for the first time to thier apartment and thought it was all luvly. They it seems are not all con artists.

kronas
12-11-2003, 00:49
Um, can I use it as a reason to disown my parents?

woah thats a bit drastic love your parents whatever, they get in to bother with or do something wrong :)