PDA

View Full Version : New Modem Help!

addbrad
16-01-2006, 21:22
Please help i have just purchased from ebay a new Ntl 250 modem and i want to know if there is anyway i can get it to work ?.

i assumed as my line was registered and working there would be no problems upgrading my modem but when i plug it in i can't get on the internet.

i purchased the modem as i still have a Terayon TJ210 and im getting loads of problems on the 10mb connection and seen as i have read on this forum the TJ210 doesn't do 10mb and ntl won't give me one (i've tried) i'd try and get one of ebay to work.

tick
16-01-2006, 21:25
don't think it will ever work.
Believe they need to be supplied by ntl .
sure someone will confirm this soon

grubbymitts
16-01-2006, 21:36
yep - it won't work. Alas, you have been conned into buying a useless box. I wouldn't bother calling NTL about it, they'll probably just tell you that it's your own fault and, worse, kick you off their system for using stolen property, as it is their modem and no one but NTL have the right to resell it.

There are loads of NTL modems on ebay - and none of them will work.

SnoopZ
16-01-2006, 22:18
Please help i have just purchased from ebay a new Ntl 250 modem and i want to know if there is anyway i can get it to work ?.

i assumed as my line was registered and working there would be no problems upgrading my modem but when i plug it in i can't get on the internet.

i purchased the modem as i still have a Terayon TJ210 and im getting loads of problems on the 10mb connection and seen as i have read on this forum the TJ210 doesn't do 10mb and ntl won't give me one (i've tried) i'd try and get one of ebay to work.

You can't use that modem. Just pay Ntl £50 to get a new modem if they won't upgrade your old 1. Personally i think you shouldn't have to pay £50 to get a modem thats capable of 10Mb though!

nffc
16-01-2006, 22:35
Won't work and I'd hazard this thread will be locked soon.

Russ
16-01-2006, 22:43
Won't work and I'd hazard this thread will be locked soon.

Spot on.

Discussion of possible illegal activities is not permitted on Cable Forum.