PDA

View Full Version : Secure transfer

printerman
16-01-2006, 19:06
Hi,
I need to send payment to a foreign country. I only have Western Union and T/T (bank transfer) available. So....which is the most secure (IF any)??

daz300
16-01-2006, 19:40
hi,
maybe you can send it using the post office link (http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/content1?catId=19400177&mediaId=19700176&keyname=aoi_mgram)hope this helps .
daz300

Tuftus
16-01-2006, 20:24
Is it nigeria by chance?

if so.... see here for advice on Western Union.

http://www.419eater.com

:D

printerman
16-01-2006, 20:42
No. Its china.....i found them..rather than them finding me if you see where i'm going. There bank transfer details has a company name rahter than an individual.

LSainsbury
16-01-2006, 20:56
Hi,
I need to send payment to a foreign country. I only have Western Union and T/T (bank transfer) available. So....which is the most secure (IF any)??

Oh dear! Western Union!!!! Don't believe everything you hear about them - Marty McFly thought they were ok! :disturbd:

What have you purchased??!!!!

BTW - I'd use PayPal!

altis
16-01-2006, 21:46
It may sound daft but I've found that often the cheapest and securest way is to send cash by registered post.

LSainsbury
16-01-2006, 22:05
It may sound daft but I've found that often the cheapest and securest way is to send cash by registered post.

....I bet your local postoffice won't carry RMB!!

It's have to be ordered and then you pay their rates etc....but might work out quite cheep I suppose...

SMHarman
16-01-2006, 23:05
Hi,
I need to send payment to a foreign country. I only have Western Union and T/T (bank transfer) available. So....which is the most secure (IF any)??I would think bank transfer would be the cheapest and most secure. You will get a commercial FX rate on the transaction and being interbank the banks will be able to trace the money from you to the destination. Western union will screw you on the FX, the fees etc. You may also be able to get a local ccy / local issued cheque drawn from your bank to pay them. I have done this with HSBC before, they have issued me with a US based USD cheque to send to someone in the US for payment.