PDA

View Full Version : USB Drivers

tedglen2
16-01-2006, 15:53
where can i get the drivers so i can use USB instead of ethernet, i lost my CD.

i need to connect to Xbox live and this seems the only way to d it iwthout a router

pelase ehlp the modem is standart NTL 250

Chris
16-01-2006, 16:04
Before you go off and muck up your broadband ... you do know you cannot use the USB and ethernet ports on your modem at the same time, don't you?

SLM
16-01-2006, 18:17
Before you go off and muck up your broadband ... you do know you cannot use the USB and ethernet ports on your modem at the same time, don't you?

Correct you need a router....also if you have xbox live already (at least 12 months) you should be ok. But ntl are not supporting it to new customers.

SnoopZ
16-01-2006, 21:00
Correct you need a router....also if you have xbox live already (at least 12 months) you should be ok. But ntl are not supporting it to new customers.

I haven't got xbox live, but i'm told all you need is a router. It's just that Ntl don't charge you for connecting to the service on their network anymore.

Correct me if i'm wrong. :)

Chris
16-01-2006, 23:51
I haven't got xbox live, but i'm told all you need is a router. It's just that Ntl don't charge you for connecting to the service on their network anymore.

Correct me if i'm wrong. :)

NTL have stopped charging for the Xbox live 'service', that is correct. I suspect this is something to do with the fact that now routers are becoming just another piece of consumer electronics, more and more people were realising you never actually had to pay NTL to connect your Xbox to their broadband if you owned your own router; you could just plug it in and they would never know.

However, AFAIK as well as no longer charging for it, they are no longer supplying their little widget allowing you to plug in your PC and Xbox simultaneously (a hub or a switch or something, but not a router). So, you do now need to supply your own router to use an Xbox and a PC at the same time on your NTL connection. You cannot plug the PC into the modem's USB port at the same time as the Xbox is plugged into the ethernet. The modem will not service both ports at the same time.