PDA

View Full Version : i have xbox!

Laws
26-06-2003, 00:24
yep, i bought it a few days ago! 145 with rtcw. not bad eh?

ive been finding it really hard to get to grips with the controller, fps were made for the mouse/keyboard combo, but as everyone has the same disadvantage i dont mind it.

i was planning on buying live and another game on the same day but had problems with my bank account. i have a visa electron debit card/account - i should be able to get on to live with that right? (im 16 btw :P )

anyway, what live games do most of you guys have? was thinking about getting mg2 or mm3...

ill be owning all of live in a matter of hours!! (strangely i always find my self on this site at 1:30 in the morning...have no clue why...)

Exulus
26-06-2003, 00:32
even though its 12.30 :D

Not sure if it'll accept a vis electron debit card...its supposed to be just major credit cards i think.

Just ask your parents politely :D

Caspar
26-06-2003, 06:40
The games currently to go for in most people's opinions) are:

Soldier of Fortune 2
Midnight Club 2
Midtown Madness
MotoGp2
Return to Castle Wolfenstien

There's also:
Ghost Recon
Unreal Championship

Also, it's non live but you have to get Halo!

Pompey1
26-06-2003, 06:43
I set up my live account with a Visa / Delta Debit Card, no problem.

poolking
26-06-2003, 06:57
Originally posted by Pompey1
I set up my live account with a Visa / Delta Debit Card, no problem.

He said he had an electron card. Many companies don't accept electron because I think these use a different processing system.

NEONKNIGHT
26-06-2003, 08:31
yep, i bought it a few days ago! 145 with rtcw. not bad eh?

Once you're on LiVE don't forget to post your gamer tag M8 - see you on LiVE;)

Doctor E
26-06-2003, 08:32
Agree with Caspar. Halo is a total must. I finished it only last weekend, but loved every moment. I can also heartily recommend Splinter Cell. I'm currently in the Myanmar bit having got through the sewers. Loving it.

Crap games that have good reports ... well Timesplitters 2 is hard to get into. Medal of Honor is a bit turdy.

Nige.

Boom
26-06-2003, 10:18
For me, Halo and SC were must haves. Though only get SC if you like the stealth gendre. If you get frustrated easily don't bother with it, mind you I found the game easy to get through.

Originally posted by Doctor E
Agree with Caspar. Halo is a total must. I finished it only last weekend, but loved every moment. I can also heartily recommend Splinter Cell. I'm currently in the Myanmar bit having got through the sewers. Loving it.

Crap games that have good reports ... well Timesplitters 2 is hard to get into. Medal of Honor is a bit turdy.

Nige.

abzorba
26-06-2003, 12:02
Originally posted by Boom
For me, Halo and SC were must haves. Though only get SC if you like the stealth gendre. If you get frustrated easily don't bother with it, mind you I found the game easy to get through.

SC is in the HMV sale for £24.99 - DOAXBV also there for £19.99
HMV Site (http://www.hmv.co.uk)
:D

TigaSefi
26-06-2003, 12:02
Commiserations on buying an XBox ;) :p

Boom
26-06-2003, 12:19
Commiseration on being a troll. ;) :p

Originally posted by TigaSefi
Commiserations on buying an XBox ;) :p

TigaSefi
26-06-2003, 12:35
LOL got me there :p

Steve H
26-06-2003, 13:35
Well, we all need doorstops from somewhere ;):p

NEONKNIGHT
26-06-2003, 13:43
Well, we all need doorstops from somewhere

Just wait till XBOX Mk2 comes along....size of cannary wharf:D

TigaSefi
26-06-2003, 13:53
Originally posted by NEONKNIGHT
Just wait till XBOX Mk2 comes along....size of cannary wharf:D

ROFL ;) :smokin:

1-Winged-Angel
26-06-2003, 13:56
pretty sure visa elecron is debit as you cant spend what you dont have in yer account. however I use my electon online alot and if you put the card type as VISA it will usually take it

Tezcatlipoca
26-06-2003, 21:34
Originally posted by Doctor E

Nige.

I hated TimeSplitters 2.

Had such high hopes for it (being made by the GoldenEye/PerfectDark people who left Rare), but was seriously disappointed with it.

The mp was v good, for a non-Live game, but the sp game was total bullshit.

Jarandco
26-06-2003, 22:15
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca
I hated TimeSplitters 2.

Had such high hopes for it (being made by the GoldenEye/PerfectDark people who left Rare), but was seriously disappointed with it.

The mp was v good, for a non-Live game, but the sp game was total bullshit.

Timesplitters 2 was ok, although as soon as i completed it i traded it in, but it was funat first!

Tezcatlipoca
26-06-2003, 22:43
Fun at first, but v quickly became boring.

The "story" mode had no story; the levels weren't linked in any real way; the levels were too short & too few; & there was nothing to it that made you want to play on (unlike GoldenEye, PD, Halo).

The mp did rock, though. But I didn't see any point in keeping it for the mp once XBL started & UC etc came out.

Hopefully Free Radical will improve on it if they do a TS 3 (they are learning....TS1 on the PS2 was a total pile of ****).

Looking forward to Rare's next Perfect Dark on the XBox too. :)

NEONKNIGHT
26-06-2003, 23:24
Looking forward to Rare's next Perfect Dark on the XBox too.

Ditto. Looking forward to plenty of 'Tripple A' titles from Rare. Should be a blast!:)

Boom
27-06-2003, 09:42
I'm looking forward to that multi-player squirrel-war game. That looks funny. "Conker" something or other.

ic14
27-06-2003, 18:15
Originally posted by Boom
I'm looking forward to that multi-player squirrel-war game. That looks funny. "Conker" something or other.
Conker Live and Uncut;)
I cant wait for that as wall.
First game had me laughing my head off!!