PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ireland (Belfast) - Speeds are abysmal

Mr Angry
15-01-2006, 12:22
This past five weeks my speed has been total pants!!

Previously my 3mb connection was 100% rock solid. Since upgrading to 10mb I can barely, and only very rarely, manage speeds comparable to just about 1mb. The vast majority of the time I'm fluctuating between speeds more akin to a 56k modem or 512kb broadband.

Is anyone else suffering the same?

I've been through to CS / TS over 15 times in the last few days and have been talked down to, lied to and assured that everything is working fine.

A Snr CS manager contacted me the other day to assure me that the matter would be investigated - he seemed genuinely concerned at my plight and was very very apologetic. I suppose I can only sit back and wait.

sharpygreen
15-01-2006, 15:09
getting the same problem here in northampton identical problems

have rung like you and get told theres no problem lol one of the techies on here run some tests for me and confirmed i was getting packet loss even with the pc off
got an enginner coming wednesdaY AGAIN last chance im given them if its not sorted im going to cancel and go adsl

Nero182
15-01-2006, 16:39
Well I have something along those lines I was getting 10 Meg Fine For a Good few months with the normal speeds 1200Kbs and 60Kbs. Now I am down to only 400-500 Kbs Download Speed this has only been happening for about a week are two. What is wrong?

coffindoger
15-01-2006, 17:54
I live in Lisburn and my speed, as just tested is 93Kbps. less than I MB.
I will email NTL tomorrow and cancel the whole package,TV, Phone and internet if this is nor resolved ASAP. I was on to tech support last week and I might as well have spoken to the wall. I really resent paying £37 per month for what amounts to a dial up service.
Rant over

Brian

akane1984
22-05-2006, 22:11
ive said in other posts as of weekend past my modem has been so slow and keeps stopping and starting on me

Fingy
22-05-2006, 23:21
mines fine :p:
well I assume it is, hubby hasn't been nagging about it. ;)

actually... it is a bit up and down, but thats just been tonight, has been fine up to now :shrug:

asp2k6
22-05-2006, 23:24
me to 10mb connection but getting 200kbps and the highest i got was 700kbps downloading linux,been happening a couple of days now ring ntl they said 10mb connection fine, but its not. I have a 200 modem could that be the problem or is this just ntl

hoggyspuds
22-05-2006, 23:29
Overall Average Speed = approx 9580 Kbps, 9.36 Mbps

Just done the test here, in Glengormley. Appears fine.

Fureh
23-05-2006, 20:58
mines fine :p:
well I assume it is, hubby hasn't been nagging about it. ;)

actually... it is a bit up and down, but thats just been tonight, has been fine up to now :shrug:

What you lying about??? :erm: I been nagging for the last 2 weeks, you just not been listening. :geez:

The speeds are all over the place, yet when you run supposed speed tests they aren't too bad but in general it's been very slow and at times I been maxxing out around 300 - 500 Kbytes/sec at best. Only real late at night and perhaps early in the morning do i see full speeds but I don't hold my breath as the service seems to have degraded over the last month. :mad:

DieDieMyDarling
24-05-2006, 10:22
My speeds have been fine in Belfast, been getting a steady 7.5mb. I'm still on the dodgy firmware though, so getting random disconnections. :|

akane1984
24-05-2006, 12:23
i got new modem yesterday 250 model since then havent had any disconnections but speed is still slow ntl said over phone connection was steady 1.8mbps but its not keeps going up and way down, is makin things like xbl unplayable.