PDA

View Full Version : I've been had!

Kliro
14-01-2006, 13:38
Here's the story;

I frequent a tropical fish forum - on here in the 'for sale' section, someone was advertising his site - I had a look and it had some lights on there I liked, for a couple of quid cheaper than other places.
So I decided to buy it - this was the 2nd of December. - I paid through NoChex (no other choice) using my Natwest card.

Suffice to say the stuff has not come, over a month later - I've been emailing a few people in the same situation - only one that I know of successfully got a refund.

He claims to have sent me refunds 3 times, none have come - and I've sent him about 30 emails - all to which he replies with a new excuse.

What should I do now?? All I get when I email him is 'its on its way' or 'ill send it in the morning'

Will Natwest be interested?

We have a home address for him - gotten from his registration details on his website.

TIA

homealone
14-01-2006, 13:47
in the first instance I would contact Nochex

- from their T&C

1.6.2 confirm that you are acting in good faith as a merchant and are not seeking to deceive or defraud consumers, and that you are selling goods, services or content (Sales Items) to consumers. Further, as an explicit condition of holding a NOCHEX Seller account, you undertake to ensure that those Sales Items are legal and of merchantable quality and are delivered or made available to the consumer in a prompt reliable and trackable fashion.

afaik they can action a refund in the event of a dispute & will debit his account.

Nidge
14-01-2006, 14:16
Here's the story;

I frequent a tropical fish forum - on here in the 'for sale' section, someone was advertising his site - I had a look and it had some lights on there I liked, for a couple of quid cheaper than other places.
So I decided to buy it - this was the 2nd of December. - I paid through NoChex (no other choice) using my Natwest card.

Suffice to say the stuff has not come, over a month later - I've been emailing a few people in the same situation - only one that I know of successfully got a refund.

He claims to have sent me refunds 3 times, none have come - and I've sent him about 30 emails - all to which he replies with a new excuse.

What should I do now?? All I get when I email him is 'its on its way' or 'ill send it in the morning'

Will Natwest be interested?

We have a home address for him - gotten from his registration details on his website.

TIA

I don't think Nat West would be interested mate, you have to be careful when sending money through noChex it's like sending money through Western Union.

marky
14-01-2006, 14:22
We could always round up a Manchester posse, and go crack some heads :disturbd:

I'll get my coat and climb under a rock

TheDaddy
15-01-2006, 00:56
Let Nat West know, you may not get a refund but you might stop some one else being ripped off.

Paul K
15-01-2006, 10:17
Get in contact with other people on that forum who have also been taken for a ride by him. Get any correspondence together that you all have plus any payment records etc. Talk to the banks involved and if neceesary seek advice from the CAB etc.

Chimaera
15-01-2006, 11:11
Contact your local trading standards department at the council - where you live, and his local one as well. If he's dong this on a regular basis they may be gathering evidence against him, so the more information they have the better the chances of you getting something done about him.
Good luck! :tu: