PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of Tiscali Contract

ilford-jedi
14-01-2006, 10:42
After 3 months at Uni, my daughter has decided top return home. She was living in Eastbourne and so I took out a 12 month contract with Tiscali that is know useless. Any idea on how I can get out of/cancel the remainder of the contract without ending up in court.
Cheers in advance.:(

andygrif
15-01-2006, 00:20
On the surface, you can't. You should try writing and explaining the situation - perhaps there is someone that can take over the account for you?

Even so, they have the right to enforce the contract that you signed up for, which would mean handing over the minimum service level fee x 9 months.

With hindsight (and this is probably teaching your granny to suck eggs), it perhaps would have been better to sign up to a monthly service, rather than an annual one if there was any doubt about being in a position to fulful your side of the bargain.

danielf
15-01-2006, 00:33
I believe that Andygrif is right. One thing you might want to look at is the tier your daughter subscribed to. You are usually allowed to drop to the lowest tier while continuing the contract. If she didn't subscribe to the lowest tier, drop to it.

Firstly though, write them a letter explaining the situation. They might let her go (even though they don't have to)

ian@huth
15-01-2006, 11:28
As the OP is on a NTL basic tv/phone with dial-up internet another route would be to change to a BT and Sky package. If the property originally had a BT line connected it should be free to go back to BT and satellite installation should be free. The Tiscali service could then be transferred to the OP's address and used to improve their service from dial-up to broadband.

toom
04-02-2006, 18:00
I believe that Andygrif is right. One thing you might want to look at is the tier your daughter subscribed to. You are usually allowed to drop to the lowest tier while continuing the contract. If she didn't subscribe to the lowest tier, drop to it.

Firstly though, write them a letter explaining the situation. They might let her go (even though they don't have to)
I'll tell you now, there would be tier drops if I signed up to them con merchants. Why do people sign up to them, the name itself is dodgy.