PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Plus/MTV

Markly Darkly
13-01-2006, 12:45
Is this the right forum for Bradband Plus???

Anyway, I realise Braodband Plus can be a bit temperamental as I am new to it (now it is free since my move to 2Mb) I thought I 'd have a look at MTV

But...when I click on it and Windows Media player starts up I get an error message saying it either hasn't got access to a file or my connection settings may be wrong. I am not on a proxy - presumably this means the media player settings?

Any ideas

Thanks

Phil Capron
13-01-2006, 18:05
Hi!
I have exactly the same symptoms as yourself.Everything on BB plus works except the MTVlive stream.I would guess that WMP is giving you an error code of c00d11d2?I've phoned Ntl 3 times and may just have succeeded in getting them to check the site and investigate the problem because I believe the problem is at their end.I also e-mailed MTV but they say the stream's OK and referrred me back to Ntl.Ntl did say initially and they may be right,that it's not their problem call MTV.Sound familiar?
I have spent a lot of time ensuring that WMP is not at fault,installing codecs ,trying other players and generally wasting a lot of time.The problem may have only just happened (2/3 days).I'm glad there's somebody else out there with the same issue because it needs to be flagged up on the bb status site if it is faulty.HTH.

KevAmiga
13-01-2006, 18:10
What version of windows media player are you using?

Phil Capron
13-01-2006, 18:39
Using WMP10.Tried 9 and Classic.Tried Real Player.That's about it so far.HTH.

KevAmiga
13-01-2006, 18:41
Are you able to stream other content (not BB+) ?

Phil Capron
13-01-2006, 18:50
Yes and with regards BB+ every site/stream works except the MTV live.I'm guessing here but it looks to me as though the first part of the file (.asx?) is received and then "Cannot access file etc."HTH.

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

P.S.And even on the MTVlive site every prompt "News,Play,On Demand etc." works except the "Launch Stream"HTH.

KevAmiga
13-01-2006, 18:53
Im in work at the moment so i cant check it, if you drop me an PM with your email address ill look at mine over the weekend and tell you whats meant to happen, maybe that way we can sort yours out?

Phil Capron
15-01-2006, 09:27
Still can't get this MTVLive to work.Just tried changing Security/Privacy/Advanced/Content Advisor settings on IE and Network settings on WMP.Are there people out there for whom the MTV Live Stream is working and if so under what settings?TYIA.

IanUK
15-01-2006, 09:36
MTVLive stream on BBPLus works here, it does download a license to the player first though, perhaps that where you are having the problem ?

Some of the on demand videos also want another license but it brings up a web page instead of the license, but the live stream works here.

Phil Capron
15-01-2006, 14:16
Thanks very much for that.So it looks as though I need to get this licence download to work.Anyone got any ideas?