PDA

View Full Version : Surf Modem - The Up and Down Puzzle

Clan
13-01-2006, 11:25
Hi , Motorolla Surfmodem small black - sry do not know model number.

Since Monday 9th the Modem has been rebooting with increasing frequency until it does not fully connect. Full Internet access can be seen for 40 secs - 15 minutes then a further reboot.

The cable comes into the house to a splitter and then one cablel to Modem the other to TV Pace box. I have swapped the splitter connections around it improved Internet for about 30 minutes then the modem started rebooting again. I have changed the power connection to no avail.

I have seen in the error log for the Modem that there is a failure to download a SW Update as existing SW file incorrect - and wonder if this is the problem.

Well ****ed off at the moment but Technician arriving on Saturday afternoon.

Any ideas anybody?

Clan

Graham M
13-01-2006, 12:38
Well ****ed off at the moment but Technician arriving on Saturday afternoon.

Any ideas anybody?

Clan

Err well you've got a technician coming out on a SATURDAY I think that's what I'd call service for a start. You've phoned Technical Support and are getting someone out, sounds like a faulty modem to me if it's rebooting, but then Im not an engineer so somebody may well come to correct me. Just sit tight, every service has faults now and again.

Clan
13-01-2006, 12:55
lol it was not the swear word you would expect, I am just a poor Fighter Ace addict who has not flown a WW2 Spitfire online for 4 days that is all.

I just wondered if anyone had experienced the same or a similair problem.

Clan