PDA

View Full Version : moving house experience?

DocDutch
13-01-2006, 11:56
All,

perhaps some of you have had experience with this.

last saturday evening i've put a move request in with NTL via the website:

http://www.ntl.com/home/moving_house/

now I have received an email confirming this but that was an automated email after you placed the request.

The question I've got is if this system does work or not as I havent received any more new from NTL regarding the move and I've requested to have it setup by the 21st of Jan.

so does any1 know about the way to get around this?

Chris
13-01-2006, 12:02
Phone them. I would never trust NTL with an email instruction over anything. I have no idea why they even offer the service, or who it is who is supposed to be reading and actioning them, because it is notoriously unreliable.

DocDutch
13-01-2006, 12:05
cheers mate :) thought as much.

carlo2904
13-01-2006, 13:58
I used the website last year and received the automated email, I phoned them a week before moving to discover they had no record of the move! Had to wait a week after moving to get reconnected.

SmileyMan
13-01-2006, 15:52
Be very clear when you want disconnecting and reconnecting

I have lost count of people that said they was disconnected like a week before

DocDutch
13-01-2006, 17:17
cheers smileyman I'll remember that :)

samidevils
13-01-2006, 21:56
The M&T i believe have a backlog. The website requests do get processed but there is a turnaround of 10 working days. If you left a mobile number you will be texted the information (ie date of install etc)
You could alternatively call CS but if M&T have not processed the form theres not much CS can do i believe