PDA

View Full Version : Will i get it installed ??

c4rmo
12-01-2006, 10:23
Ok i have just moved into a newley built apartment its about 2-3 years old. I ran the postcode checker and it didnt find my apartment / correct address but it did say coundon house which is where the apartments were built. I phoned ntl and told them i lived in the limes [ The names of my apartments] and they said sorry there is no cables. I find this hard to imagine as it is right in the heart of the most popular area in coventry and i lived previously 500 yards down the road and could get ntl. well i then decided to try to order it again but this time i said coundon house and it went through fine and the engineer is scheduled to come out on saturday to install 10mb inet and base pack tv

Wots my chances of getting this installed ??

MovedGoalPosts
12-01-2006, 11:51
:welcome: to Cable Forum :D

You'll have to wait and see wait happens, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high. If the old building, now demolished I presume had service, there will be general cables in the street. However ntl may not have been invited, or declined, to install cables into service ducts to the new building. Thus they may not have an abiity to run cables now, or alternatively may not have the necessary easements (leagal rights) to run cables through the common areas of your apartment block.

Do let us know what happens.

c4rmo
12-01-2006, 12:15
Thanks for the reply

The old building is actually still there they are the more expensive apartments. My apartment is brand new and is a couple yards from the old house but on the same piece of land

I honestly dont know if i will be able to have it installed i guess i will just have to wait till the engineer arrives and speak with him.

I have wot looks like a satalite / cable plate in my living room dont know if that makes a difference