PDA

View Full Version : NEFF oven broken..

markmarkymark
11-01-2006, 21:01
Yo all

Got home tonight to find out NEFF oven has broken. Itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s about 5 years old (fitted from new when we bought the house) - but no longer under warranty.

I think itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the thermostat or the heating element (the fan will come on but there is only warm heat).

I can not remember the last time I need a domestic repair - we are talking perhaps 15 years ago. What would you recommend?

Ask NEFF for help?
Use a local electrician
A dedicated 'Oven Repairer'?

I looking at yellow pages just now and I'm not sure where to start.

I'm in the Reading area of the UK...

Anyone have any advice?

cheers

MArk

MadGamer
11-01-2006, 21:09
Ask NEFF for assistance. As its under their name, they will most probably replace the broken part. My parents have always had a reapairman from Currys when our diswasher parts break.

homealone
11-01-2006, 21:22
if you can get someone local to do it, then go for that - provided they will guarantee the repair for a reasonable time it is likely to be the cheapest option.

Otherwise it is a search for your nearest NEFF franchised repair service, imo. The problem with these can be that they only service a particular area on a certain day of the week - so if it's Grimsby it's Tuesday & if you can't stay in all day Tuesday, you may struggle. On the upside you should get the best guarantee for the repair, this way...